Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Murgos posted:

The constitution provides one method to exclude someone who is otherwise eligible from running for president.

So, yeah, there’s a possibility. Either he himself gets charged with sedition or insurrection or his “aid or comfort” to the proud boys and oath keepers and etc… who are convicted of sedition and a court finds him ineligible to be on the ballot.

The timeline on this possible outcome is too long to preclude a run for 2024.

Only gag orders and contempt charges can undermine his ability to campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Donald J Trump, noted believer in obeying courts.

Good loving luck with gag orders and contempt orders. Do they involve armed personnel bodily hauling him off and locking him in a cell where he is physically incapable of accessing his phone? Until they do he's gonna shitpost whatever he wants.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I can see him poo poo posting his way into jail on contempt charges. He's already basically admitted to most of the charges via social media and Fox.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

bird food bathtub posted:

Donald J Trump, noted believer in obeying courts.

Good loving luck with gag orders and contempt orders. Do they involve armed personnel bodily hauling him off and locking him in a cell where he is physically incapable of accessing his phone? Until they do he's gonna shitpost whatever he wants.

Yes. If fines don't shut him up, 30 days in jail are an option.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->
Yeah, i absolutely believe this court could order him locked up, or even kept offline. And i believe he will quickly exhibit exactly the sort of behavior that will lead to that reality.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Charlz Guybon posted:

Yes. If fines don't shut him up, 30 days in jail are an option.

They didn't do it to Roger Stone when he wouldn't stop posting, so I doubt they'll put Trump in jail for 30 days.

Even though they should.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->

Angry_Ed posted:

They didn't do it to Roger Stone when he wouldn't stop posting, so I doubt they'll put Trump in jail for 30 days.

Even though they should.

Also, though... trumps experience is that he gets Away with everything. Stone getting away with it only builds on trumps false confidence about this.
He has no advantage in that courtroom. Attacking the judge and prosecutor is not going to play well for him.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Murgos posted:

You are factually incorrect.

Edit: In NY as well as many other states and federally an indictment can only come from a grand jury.

I didn't know this. Thanks!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
When some guy on Twitter talked about how he had to move his family out of San Francisco because of all the violent crime, I pointed out that violent crime has overall been going down since the 70s and 80s. In response he posts a link to this insane screed which screams pure projection :psyduck:

quote:

Like many of us, I have an otherwise intelligent friend, who is an incurable leftist. In this essay, I try to win him over by reason and also suggestion, showing that a number of liberal influencers — Matt Taibbi, Alan Dershowitz, David Mamet, Bill Maher — have either completed or begun a transformation away from the woke left and toward a more classically liberal position.

Dear Alan,

As a riposte to my sending you James Howard Kunstler's article chronicling the numerous ways the currently woke left Democrat party is an engine of chaos — of what he colorfully refers to as anti-truth "mind fuckery" — you send me a Politico article by Michael Kruse that levels the same charge but with the protagonists reversed — i.e., the Republicans are the anti-truth party.

What is your side's evidence for this? Aha, there is actually no evidence, but rather the pseudo-evidence of the sleight-of-hand tautological "meme": Trump is beholden to the world of wrestling; the world of wrestling is fake; ergo, Trump is fake and anti-truth.

On the other hand, Kunstler makes substantive charges about the delusional nature of the left. To wit:
1. It is totally beholden to and promotes the insane cult of transgenderism, which posits that somebody born with some 37 trillion cells that are all coded either male or female can magically click his heels and declare biologic reality null and void and simply change his gender by an act of imagination and cosmetic surgery, and impose this anti-reality mind fuckery on the populace by force of law.

Who has the more rational and winning argument here? Do you believe that Rachel — AKA Richard — Levine — someone who lived for over 60 years as a man — is now a woman? Do you advocate for cutting off the breasts and penises of children and young teens, forcing them to take puberty-blocking hormones for life that have been shown to cause irreparable damage? Do you believe that Supreme Court nominee and now justice Kentaji Brown Jackson really is not able to define what a woman is, yet she is celebrated as being the first black woman to sit on the Supreme Court? Do you believe that gyrating, sexually provocative Drag Queen Story Hours featuring a Hell's kitchen of grotesque sexual deviants are suitable education and entertainment for five-year-old children and that parents should have no say in whether their children are subject to such indoctrination?
2. Do you believe in the mind fuckery of the 1619 Project, which devilishly inverts the founding of America as something that was systemically evil and irreparably racist? That only America and the West are guilty of the practice of slavery, when the evidence clearly indicates that slavery was universally practiced, and that it was the maligned West that actually put an end the practice — not perfectly, mind you, as it is still exists in parts of Africa and the Middle East? I sent you the video of black Africans being put in cages right as we speak in Libya and sold as slaves. Again, who has the better argument here?

I could go on and on: about COVID vaccines, climate change, modern monetary theory, ad infinitum. In every instance, the woke left has inverted truth and upended the laws of both God and nature. As a former NPR correspondent and waking Democrat, Chris Hedges recently put it this way: "we now
live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals and bankers destroy the economy." Every instance cited is the handiwork of the left's Gramscian "long march through the institutions." The inimitable Orange Julius cum Trump nailed it: everything woke turns to poo poo." Truer words were never spoken. And that's precisely why the woke left — triggered by Trump's Jack Nicholson's major telling them, "You can't handle the truth" — has been out to get him.

In closing, let me say there is no argument that the left is guilty of precisely the charges of "anti-truth" that it levels at Trump and the MAGA right. This is a classic case of Freudian projection — one literally espoused by the Luciferian godfather of the woke left, Saul Alinsky, in his magnum opus, Rules for Radicals: "accuse your opponent of what you yourself are doing, to create confusion and inculcate voters against the evidence of your own guilt." There it is — the smoking gun, right from their patron saint.

To point this out, however, is fruitless, because the woke left is not interested in reason. For it is in the clutches of a demonic, anti-rational, cult-like religious fervor. Indeed, all of Marxist and neo-Marxist ideologues were animated by and in the throes of this bad religion — one without pity, beauty, transcendence, truth, or redemption. As they continue to conquer more ground, the world itself more and more resembles a Hell on earth, as the historic record in Mao's China; Stalin's Russia; and yes, America itself today attests.

But as Ben Stein's dad Herb once famously said, "if something can't go on forever, it won't." So as the wheels of history grind inexorably to their next crisis point nexus, and the poo poo in America really starts to hit the fan — with crime spiraling out of control, the economy about to drop into a serious crisis, and China and Russia more and more ready to supplant us on the world stage — thoughtful people on the left — Glenn Greenwald, Matt Taibbi, Naomi Wolfe, Alan Dershowitz, Michael Shellenberger, David Mamet, Bill Maher — are starting to wake up to the mass mind loving of their former confreres. As they awake from their mind-numbing slumber and realize they've been played — shades of Arthur Koestler's Darkness at Noon? — let us hope the rest of us reasonable folks can count them as allies as we build a formidable alliance that will expose, defang, and overthrow this vile nomenklatura once and for all, restoring us to the faith, liberty, and reason that are our glory and birthright.

The game is on.

Lenny
I feel this is a good example of what Bigger Boat was talking about, that the right just has this word salad of talking points. All the things this nut says are reactionary talking points, he doesn't seem to have any individual options or nuance to his thoughts, it's just this vending machine unloading a hopper of prepackaged ideology.

In a way it's kind of a shame; I'm not expecting chuds to be consistent in their sincere beliefs at all (after all we're all 'hypocrites' under a strong enough lens) but at least it is their sincere feelings on the matter. Conservatism is always about going on your gut instinct and being an individual, but people like this butt job seem to cede all that agency in their own goddamn arguments :psyduck:

Panfilo fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Apr 6, 2023

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It’s really telling that this guy chooses to spend his time thinking about trans kids and the 1619 project, two things that have absolutely no impact on his life or experience. He’s probably been listening to talk radio since 1996.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Somewhere in paragraph...2? 3? of that garble, I became convinced that "Lenny" is a Scott Adams sockpuppet. No idea why. Surely dilbertman's ego wouldn't let him use any other name but his own, and there wasn't a single reference to his mastery of hypnotism in there. (...I think. I kind of blacked out at one point. )

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Like many of us, I have an otherwise intelligent friend, who is an incurable leftist. In this essay, I try to win him over by reason and also suggestion, showing that a number of liberal influencers — Matt Taibbi, Alan Dershowitz, David Mamet, Bill Maher — have either completed or begun a transformation away from the woke left and toward a more classically liberal position.

A metaphorical Mount Rushmore of poo poo right there. It almost feels like parody.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
What I really hate is the fuckwits who are like you can’t change biology! All you cells are one thing and you can do nothing to fix it!

Well all your cells and biology make you diabetic better not do anything to fix it. Your vision sucks? No glasses for you that’s changing your biology. Teeth are all jacked up? No braces for you. Going bald? Scoliosis? Conjoined twin? Need a pacemaker Etc…

Just absolutely gently caress off.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Lol the author of that has two separate articles about how US Olympic athletics aren't fuckable enough and how it proves that America has fallen

The Olympic competition everyone notices but few discuss

quote:

As the Olympics build to their climax and rivet the attention of Americans, as a red-blooded male, I can't help but notice that our team is being significantly outclassed by their Russians counterparts in one obvious but unmentionable category: feminine beauty.
I could find no such comparable images when Googling America's leading female athletes. OK, I get it – this is an athletic competition, not a beauty contest. And yet I can't help thinking there's something deeper going on here, reflecting on the "inversion of values" that is happening between America and Russia. After suffering under seven decades of an inhuman communist ideology that suppressed and perverted their deepest natural desires, the Russians, having thrown off this totalitarian yoke, are now free to express their eminently human yearnings. For healthy young women, this means wanting to present themselves as attractive to men.

America, on the other hand, is sinking deeper and deeper into the neo-Marxist gulag of political correctness, where a cardinal orthodoxy is that a woman exists first and foremost for herself and her professional accomplishments; the more aggressive and traditionally male, the better. Under such a regime, accomplished and physically attractive women run the risk of unleashing the baying P.C. furies should they dare to present themselves as too femininely attractive – i.e., too appealing to men.

How the Progressive Left Hollowed Out Our Olympic Team

quote:

Readers of American Thinker are well aware of the changes Vladimir Putin has instituted in the Russian Federation as he seeks to pull his country out from the spiritual, cultural and economic devastation of 70 plus years of communism.

The short list here should warm the heart of any conservative: restoring the standing of the Russian Orthodox Church, vigorously supporting traditional values- as to gender role models and the family- and finally taking a very hard line against Islamic radicalism as the "defender of the faith". All of this was encapsulated in a cartoon featuring a picture of Obama and Putin, the caption beneath reading: “One of these men no longer believes in Marxism”.

The joke hits home, for sadly the American Progressive left is ominously retracing the path of the communists. Embracing a totalitarian political ideology that flies in the face of human nature, moving to strongly discourage and even criminalize dissent through political correctness, exiling Christianity from the public realm and actively seeking to undermine our nation's security and moral foundations by serving as apologists and human shields for the infiltration of Sharia Supremacists into our homeland.

Of all of places, these thoughts came flooding into my mind as I, like so many Americans, was engrossed in watching the Summer Olympics. The ancient paradigm of USA versus the Russians was still with me as I evaluated the competition, but with an intriguing twist. Unlike the old stereotype, one couldn’t help but notice that several of the Russian female athletes were stunningly beautiful, significantly more so than their American counterparts: a random Google search of two such athletes, Yulia Efimova and Darya Klishina, showcased their beauty in very classy and traditionally feminine romantic portraits. I noticed no such comparable efforts for the Americans.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

A metaphorical Mount Rushmore of poo poo right there. It almost feels like parody.

lol holy poo poo. That one is so bad I had to triple take that they think right wing propagandists are left wing/becoming left wing. seriously :lol:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

I AM GRANDO posted:

It’s really telling that this guy chooses to spend his time thinking about trans kids and the 1619 project, two things that have absolutely no impact on his life or experience. He’s probably been listening to talk radio since 1996.

It's propping up a couple strawmen for them to tear down. The trans thing is to frame the left as delusional and denying reality. The 1619 project got seen as revisionist history that chuds believe got debunked anyway. The rent can be summarized as "The left are delusional liars, after all look at this craaaazy stuff they believe!"

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Piell posted:

Lol the author of that has two separate articles about how US Olympic athletics aren't fuckable enough and how it proves that America has fallen
During the 80s and 90s (the era he is no doubt hearkening back to) the average age of an Olympic gymnast was 16. :pedo:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Yes, drat that politically correct Marxist west, where women are never under any pressure to be attractive, and in fact are under pressure to be unattractive. This is totally a real thing!

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
How can any society survive without their Olympic athletes, armed forces, cartoons and candies being totally fuckable?

Do we want to repeat the mistakes of the Bronze Age collapse, when global trade evaporated after they put uggos on the coins

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

if there is one thing the internet has taught me, it's that whatever kind of body you got, it's somebody's preferred flavor

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
arent Olympic villages imfamous for causing upticks in std and meds to treat stds? (though this might mostly be the fans, journos, and support staff having fun. )

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Ambitious Spider posted:

What I really hate is the fuckwits who are like you can’t change biology! All you cells are one thing and you can do nothing to fix it!

Well all your cells and biology make you diabetic better not do anything to fix it. Your vision sucks? No glasses for you that’s changing your biology. Teeth are all jacked up? No braces for you. Going bald? Scoliosis? Conjoined twin? Need a pacemaker Etc…

Just absolutely gently caress off.

I've tried dozens of times to try to engage those people on Actual Biology(intersex, phenotypes, SRY, etc) and they never, ever are willing to do it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

PhazonLink posted:

arent Olympic villages imfamous for causing upticks in std and meds to treat stds? (though this might mostly be the fans, journos, and support staff having fun. )
I haven't heard that, but at one point it was known that athletes did a lot of loving in their limited down time at the Olympics, so it's plausible

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

PhazonLink posted:

They are known for going through tons and tons of condoms, but that might just be an urban legend turned meme at this point.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

PhazonLink posted:

Allegedly they hand out condoms by the bucketload, because when your event is over you're amped up and looking for stress relief, and surrounded by people in excellent physical shape, and nature takes its course.

A link: https://www.espn.com/olympics/summer/2012/story/_/id/8133052/athletes-spill-details-dirty-secrets-olympic-village-espn-magazine

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 6, 2023

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Jaxyon posted:

I've tried dozens of times to try to engage those people on Actual Biology(intersex, phenotypes, SRY, etc) and they never, ever are willing to do it.

The few times I've tried this with conservatives I know or have to deal with they wrote me off as loony liberal leftie that just doesn't get facts and logic. There are two genders and you're a brainwashed fool falling for the lies if you point out anything different. Absolute brick wall. Nothing penetrates. At all. Modern genetics, ancient historical depictions, present day societies. Nothing. It's all wrong. There are two genders and gently caress you if you try to say anything else.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

bird food bathtub posted:

The few times I've tried this with conservatives I know or have to deal with they wrote me off as loony liberal leftie that just doesn't get facts and logic. There are two genders and you're a brainwashed fool falling for the lies if you point out anything different. Absolute brick wall. Nothing penetrates. At all. Modern genetics, ancient historical depictions, present day societies. Nothing. It's all wrong. There are two genders and gently caress you if you try to say anything else.

The only way I've been able to get them to engage in good faith is to point out intersex people and ask if they're so sure of the 'facts', then what gender is someone with both sets of sex organs. It at least gets them thinking and educates them on the fact that bodies aren't always physically perfect, and that gender doesn't always match sex.

The unreasonable ones still just put it out of their minds and stick to their predefined belief, sadly.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

LloydDobler posted:

The only way I've been able to get them to engage in good faith is to point out intersex people and ask if they're so sure of the 'facts', then what gender is someone with both sets of sex organs. It at least gets them thinking and educates them on the fact that bodies aren't always physically perfect, and that gender doesn't always match sex.

Yeah, the existence of intersex individuals problematizes the gender-biological sex construct and I've not seen any preemptive blocking framing on that line of argument.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

notwithoutmyanus posted:

lol holy poo poo. That one is so bad I had to triple take that they think right wing propagandists are left wing/becoming left wing. seriously :lol:

The opposite. They're saying that people who were lefties are now becoming more right wing ("classically liberal" means conservative). Which is true. Maher, the Dersh and Taibbi all used to be somewhat liberal but they've gone all in on eating up right wing propaganda and spreading it themselves (no idea who David Mamet is so I can't comment on him).

Discendo Vox posted:

Yeah, the existence of intersex individuals problematizes the gender-biological sex construct and I've not seen any preemptive blocking framing on that line of argument.

The closest I've seen is to say that "This is a very small number of people born, they don't disprove the rule. Besides only one set of genitals is functional anyway so the one that is is what they are."

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Twelve by Pies posted:

The closest I've seen is to say that "This is a very small number of people born, they don't disprove the rule. Besides only one set of genitals is functional anyway so the one that is is what they are."

so it's based on phenotype, not genetics?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

There is a certain line of argument somewhat common among TERFs where they insist that any intersex conditions should all be called Disorders of Sex Development (often with some concern-trolling line like "actually 'intersex' is an offensive term"), and that as such they're merely medical problems to be corrected to conform to the divinely ordained natural order of exactly two binary sexes. The idea that this might be pretty loving insulting to affected people doesn't occur, and the obvious follow-up of "alright so on what basis do we define what is a disorder and what is not?" tends to get handwaved away.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
yeah intersex doesn't even get anywhere, they'll just say "exceptions don't disprove the rule"

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
I think it's a pretty effective crowbar because you can then get into their need to make decisions about assigning gender to even perform the "corrective" action.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Twelve by Pies posted:

(no idea who David Mamet is so I can't comment on him).

David Mamet is one of the most celebrated playwrights in modern American drama (you know Glengarry Glen Ross? That's him). He has also, since about 2008, become a massive prick. He's voiced support for Romney in '12, argued against gun control, decried those who kneel for the national anthem, parroted the stolen-election lie, spoken out in support of the Don't Say Gay bill, and accused teachers in general of pedophilia. What this screed's author is probably referring to is an essay Mamet wrote in the Village Voice in '08 called "Why I am No Longer a Brain Dead Liberal."
So, bit of a heel turn there.

e: Oh, and his crimes against humanity also include co-writing the screenplay for Hannibal, for whatever that's worth.

Dr. Gargunza fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 6, 2023

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Ambitious Spider posted:

No Federal funding for Viagra!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Dr. Gargunza posted:

David Mamet is one of the most celebrated playwrights in modern American drama (you know Glengarry Glen Ross? That's him). He has also, since about 2008, become a massive prick. He's voiced support for Romney in '12, argued against gun control, decried those who kneel for the national anthem, parroted the stolen-election lie, spoken out in support of the Don't Say Gay bill, and accused teachers in general of pedophilia. What this screed's author is probably referring to is an essay Mamet wrote in the Village Voice in '08 called "Why I am No Longer a Brain Dead Liberal."
So, bit of a heel turn there.

e: Oh, and his crimes against humanity also include co-writing the screenplay for Hannibal, for whatever that's worth.

The man who wrote Glengarry Glen Ross is an rear end in a top hat? Mmmm I'm having trouble seeing it...

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Jaxyon posted:

yeah intersex doesn't even get anywhere, they'll just say "exceptions don't disprove the rule"

And much like Detransitioners, all it takes is a few loud intersex people on Twitter to agree with them for them to act like the matter is settled. I have seen two of them like this, one identifying as a straight woman and the other as a gay man, and both are virulently transphohic and accuse the LGBT community of using them as props for their arguments.

So when you bring up intersex people they'll link examples like these.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mllaneza posted:

No Federal funding for Viagra!

Not just no Federal funding, illegal. Balding treatments and testosterone mills too, every client straight to jail! Being bald and impotent is part of God's plan for your aging, the state shall come down harshly on any attempts to subvert His will.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Mechanical Ape posted:

How can any society survive without their Olympic athletes, armed forces, cartoons and candies being totally fuckable?

Do we want to repeat the mistakes of the Bronze Age collapse, when global trade evaporated after they put uggos on the coins

This actually feeds into their Great Replacement and depopulation conspiracy theories. The way it works is:

-Je... I mean Marxists infiltrate institutions of higher learning and change history to say that beautiful people are actually bad.

-Frankfurt School educated Hollyweird Elites start casting uggos in their films and shows and use the media to praise inferior sloped skull shapes over more desirable types.

-People who like women with soft fair skin and big boobs are bullied into silence and if you say anything positive about a conventionally attractive woman's body then you get charged with First Degree Thought Rape by the Woke Police.

-The people praising diversity and imperfections don't actually believe any of it, they're secretly jealous and bitter they are too lazy to attain the Perfect Aryan body which is why they gotta tear it down.

-None of the dirty ugly leftists are actually sexually attracted to each other. If they do have sex it is out of desperation. And so they normalize gross sex stuff like eating rear end and docking their dicks together and other weird poo poo because it's all they can stand. Nobody really wants to have sex them, that's why trans people keep pressuring cis people into having sex with them, they're not going to settle with another unattractive person deluded into thinking they are a pretty girl.

-And so there are less and less beautiful people which means less people loving which means less beautiful people which means more ugly people which means beautiful people die out and it's just geriatric uggos eating their asses out until the heat death of the universe.

Pretty sure all this was somewhere in Saul Alynsky's footnotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Panfilo posted:

I feel this is a good example of what Bigger Boat was talking about, that the right just has this word salad of talking points. All the things this nut says are reactionary talking points, he doesn't seem to have any individual options or nuance to his thoughts, it's just this vending machine unloading a hopper of prepackaged ideology.

Yeah, this is a good example of what I was ranting about.

Surprised your friend didn't work in the word "Chicago" in there, which I guess they like to use for the Obama implications. And nothing the guy wrote addresses your question or the idea of rising violent crime in SF at all. Somehow, it loops all around to trans people, slavery, communism, freedom, healthcare and Russia for no real reason. It's the attrition thing I mentioned.

You're supposed to research, rebut, and draw conclusions about all these things that have zero to do with you saying "actually, violent crime in SF is _____________". It's a textbook example of how RWM works. Word association, repetition, obfuscation, whataboutism and deflection. With a heavy dose of accusing your opponent of doing exactly what you're doing. There were a lot of Ben Shapiro videos posted here a while back where "Shapiro Owns Liberals at College Campus" where he does nothing of the sort but, more, just never shuts the gently caress up and spews so much nonsensical unrelated bullshit that when the debate opponent has their turn, they're speechless, can't unpack all that bile and don't even know where to start.

The other guy is just sitting there going what the gently caress are you talking about so that makes him "owned"