Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He is risen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fister Roboto posted:

He is risen.

But I thought the sun didn't shine there?

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Silly Burrito posted:

Jes.cx is an influencer demonstrating the revitalizing effects of buttchugging sunlight. It will make you feel alive again!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Jesus is inside all of us

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Fister Roboto posted:

He is risen.

Kellies Nomination: Best Edit

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the death of Nigel Lawson – Margaret Thatcher’s former chancellor died at the age of 91 on Monday" After Gillray.

Telegraph:

Don’t make same mistake with Xi Jinping and China as you did with Putin, EU is warned

Matt:

Police face questions over timing of arrest raid at Nicola Sturgeon’s home

Independent:

Nicola Sturgeon – latest: Peter Murrell released without charge as ex-SNP leader to ‘fully co-operate’ After Scott's Porage Oats.

Times:

Punish the FBI to avenge my arrest, Donald Trump tells party

Evening Standard:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Silly Burrito posted:

from there.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

"it's fine, I'll just overlay the rest of the text in Microsoft Word, nobody will notice"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Brits saw Americans insisting that Trump's indictment has backfired even before literally anything has loving happened, and decided to get in on it too.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

He is risen.

So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Goatman!” But he said to them, “Unless I see the ring on his hand, I will not believe.”

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

https://twitter.com/RobSmithJr/status/1643085146902478848

Looking forward to the completed "shouldn't we ban transgender" cartoon! :thunkgun:

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

I know he's deliberately trying to recreate it older collage style comics but I honestly can't view Tom Tomorrow as anything other than "An essay written on top of of Gorrel comic"

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

However this goatfucker should get a lifetime achievement for laziness Kelly.

Hitch make a second comic challenge (impossible)

Acute Grill fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 6, 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Acute Grill posted:

I know he's deliberately trying to recreate it older collage style comics but I honestly can't view Tom Tomorrow as anything other than "An essay written on top of of Gorrel comic"

He's always done it that way and it's always sucked rear end aesthetically.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

Holy poo poo is this an "ARE LIGHTBULBS" cartoon in loving 2023?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Looking forward to the completed "shouldn't we ban transgender" cartoon! :thunkgun:

What did we do to deserve the dumbest man alive coming back to political cartoons?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Imagine missing the memo on gas stoves and still blabbing on about lightbulbs.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Lethbridge:

Shakespeare:

Golding:

RIP Bruce Petty. Academy Award-winning cartoonist Bruce Petty dies at age 93 (ABC)
Bruce Petty: a life in cartoons (The Age).

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble
Oh man DAE wish both sides would stop working so hard to divide America. Why can't despicable democrats and gentle, kindly Republicans live in peace?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

U.T. Raptor posted:

:shrug: It's inconsequential in the sense that this information doesn't really change anything. People who think torture is bad generally already hate DeSantis for the things he's done more recently, and his supporters (and Republican voters as a whole) either won't give a poo poo or think torture is actually good.

It's also a bit awkward to bring up since some of the tortures in question (like force-feeding) was continued by the Obama-Biden administration

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

I'm sure Drunky would be in favor of increased regulation to ensure higher-quality foods and not just eating whatever swill is most triggering to libs.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Literally an Asay. He draws kids happy with who they are and expressing themselves how they want and this is supposed to be a bad thing somehow.

Ah right he's put in They Live glasses to show that the kids are "in reality" mindless cultists... except his complaint is that they aren't conforming to conventional gender roles, clothing, hairstyles, and behaviors.

It's also pretty funny how mad he is about RRRR KIDS THESE DAYS DYING THEIR HAIR FUNKY COLORS, but his feminist mouthpiece also has purple hair because her character model I guess is from before he got boomer brains about hairdye and piercings.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ambitious Spider posted:

kellies nominationlcb:transphobia

I got the 'joke' but didn't see it for ages. Like I saw the horse that I was pretty sure was horse and didn't see the goat for for a good 90 seconds.

Angepain posted:

"it's fine, I'll just overlay the rest of the text in Microsoft Word, nobody will notice"

And yet you can't call it lazy impressively enough.

China Daily

US controlled by guns by what seems to be an uncredited Cai Meng

Le Monde

Emmanuel Macron et Ursula von der Leyen visitent l’Empire du Milieu/Emmanuel Macron and Ursula von der Leyen visit the Middle Empire by Kak for L'Opinion

"Out of respect for Buddhism we'll take the middle path."

Social Climate by Micaël

The social climate will stay poor throughout the country.

by Urbs from France
What's the government planning next for doctor-assisted euthanasia?
"Not before 64 and it's non-negotiable."

Charlie Hebdo

Last Easter egg hunt before Easter

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

VitalSigns posted:

Literally an Asay. He draws kids happy with who they are and expressing themselves how they want and this is supposed to be a bad thing somehow.

Ah right he's put in They Live glasses to show that the kids are "in reality" mindless cultists... except his complaint is that they aren't conforming to conventional gender roles, clothing, hairstyles, and behaviors.

It's also pretty funny how mad he is about RRRR KIDS THESE DAYS DYING THEIR HAIR FUNKY COLORS, but his feminist mouthpiece also has purple hair because her character model I guess is from before he got boomer brains about hairdye and piercings.
They don't even register as They Live glasses, since they look totally different, and if you've never seen the movie it literally just looks like she's putting on conspiracy goggles or paranoia specs or something. The actual reality is fine and happy and positive and welcoming but look what happens when I re-evaluate it through my own personal filter of bias!

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRFPUS2&f=M

Nope.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
And right after the administration opens up significantly more Gulf drilling, in the headlines and everything.

Doesn't matter, he's a Dem. They could put a derrick in these fuckers' yards and they'd still say domestic oil production had been banned. People could be machine gunned at the border and they'd still call it wide open.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Marty Two Bulls

Matt Davies

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Pedro X. Molina

Lee Judge

Kirk Walters

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Dave Whamond

Drew Sheneman

Dave Granlund

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Well if Democrats like Joe Manchin are saying it

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Hitch's artwork gives me motion sickness.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

My brain has a problem parsing Hitch's faces as humans. They're like distorted blobs of pain.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Too Much Might Never Be Enough

Ted Rall posted:

Reparations for Black people is becoming a thing in the real political world. San Francisco is considering paying $5 million to eligible Black adults. California is thinking $1 million. Are you white and think that that’s too much money? How much would you take to be victimized by a life of racial discrimination?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Too Much Might Never Be Enough

Putting aside everything else about the cartoon for a moment. The cop kicking the guy in the last panel is pathetic, a grade-schooler would be embarrassed to have drawn it. It looks like he is doing some kind of jaunty dance, to say nothing of the leg bent like a U. Even Kirschen is better at illustrating action.

I dont know fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Apr 7, 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
"It's God! My favorite deity!" is kind of a funny line, so who did Thed steal it from?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Kellies nomination: Worst "A Thing Happened"

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

"It's God! My favorite deity!" is kind of a funny line, so who did Thed steal it from?

vaguely reminds me of a joke (maybe not explicitly about god) from futurama but I can't place it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ambitious Spider posted:

vaguely reminds me of a joke (maybe not explicitly about god) from futurama but I can't place it

It does sound a bit early Simpsons, doesn't it? I can definitely hear Homer saying it excitedly.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

TremorX posted:

Hitch's artwork gives me motion sickness.

Hitch finally made it onto my scroll past and don't even bother trying to read list, along with Tom Tomorrow, Sinfest and whoever does that washed-out really ugly art with letters too small for anyone to read

pfunkdaddy
Nov 19, 2004

*makes it rain*

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

I hope to never have to hold a remote like that.

edit: I think "she"* may have a mustache as well

*Not that there is anything wrong with that, this is solely meant as a critique on Hitch's art.

pfunkdaddy fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Apr 7, 2023

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Haha I didn't realize how badly the coloring ruins his art, the pencils and inks are way better than the finals. Poor little dipshit

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

VitalSigns posted:

he also adds a "click" to the glasses because otherwise we too stoopid to get the concept!
nope, special mechanical glasses with no mechanisms or even lens change because he drew the comic, realized someone might be confused, and added a "click" but nothing else
you can always tell when someone thinks they need to talk down to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It does sound a bit early Simpsons, doesn't it? I can definitely hear Homer saying it excitedly.
Homer's line is that God is his favorite fictional character.