Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'm excited to finally play Live A Live, it looks really special.

Saaaaame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Also excited for pixel remasters ohhhh boy

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

the positive reinforcement of a reliable nioh2 guy finally getting around to posting another Wo Long build guide and having it basically be the build that i was using gave me enough confidence to try my hand at the game again

and i made a bunch of nice progress! new game+ is still really brutal, especially the bosses that can very easily 1 shot you with their red attacks or just plain 2-shot you with their regular attacks. it's just a straight up get good scenario, no matter how much i try to cheese it out with magic (which works about half the time) i still have to actually deflect as much as i can or i fall over.

hopefully i can gradually hit the level cap and get all the missions completed. i've gotten a few pieces of grace gear but not enough to make a set. that poo poo still seems really rare. but the patches they've put out since i played last have done a decent job of addressing some big complaints, like the arrow restock thing.

glad to hear you're giving it another shot, since i found NG+ fun as hell with the increased difficulty. definitely takes some adjusting with how incredibly loving deadly red attacks are from certain bosses

the drop rate is definitely better on 5* gear, but i get the impression that they really want people to do minimum morale runs to farm out sets to try and add some extra difficulty to it, and that can be a tad harrowing on your first time through

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm gonna replay legend of legaia

It'll be lefun

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Vermain posted:

glad to hear you're giving it another shot, since i found NG+ fun as hell with the increased difficulty. definitely takes some adjusting with how incredibly loving deadly red attacks are from certain bosses

the drop rate is definitely better on 5* gear, but i get the impression that they really want people to do minimum morale runs to farm out sets to try and add some extra difficulty to it, and that can be a tad harrowing on your first time through

does having lower morale give you better drop rates or something?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

i'm not sure anyone's datamined the exact mechanic, but everything they've said in the documents and patch notes indicates that you get better drops the greater the morale disparity is between you and your target, so the "optimal" way to farm is to speedrun through levels and maybe take one or two safety flags if you're not confident in your ability to dust a boss in a single go

the obvious downside is that this makes boss fights outrageously more difficult, so optimizing your build for whatever boss you're farming is critical

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I saw the Mario movie and the DnD movie

I enjoyed DnD more although Jack Black was fantastic

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Shinjobi posted:

I'm gonna replay legend of legaia

It'll be lefun

I hope you've got fast forward bound to the controller

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Kerrzhe posted:

I have low morale and I drop all the time

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

bone emulator posted:

Jeremy Irons' finest role

They made 3 of those btw. I was going to rewatch them all for fun, but I got super bored during both the trailers for them. I also suspect I may have already seen the second one and just forgotten it.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

bone emulator posted:

Jeremy Irons' finest role

Claus von Dďceroll

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ChickenMedium posted:

Claus von Dďceroll

:eyepop:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

so disappointed... I thought I had caught my first shiny poke ever, turns out it's just a species that naturally comes in a variety of colours.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

so disappointed... I thought I had caught my first shiny poke ever, turns out it's just a species that naturally comes in a variety of colours.

Which one? Tatsugiri?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

Which one? Tatsugiri?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Ometeotl posted:

The Mario movie is fine, about on the same level as the first Sonic movie. Jack Black Bowser is a very inspired, fun performance, much like Carrey Robotnik.

Jim Carrey Robotnik is a Jeffrey Combs impression.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Ah. We’ll look on the bright side, it would have been intensely disappointing if your first shiny was yet another mediocre Normal/Flying type.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
my first in this game was Jumpluff lol

rox
Sep 7, 2016

golden swablu is goated

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

lol i looked up what a shiny pikachu looks like

vs.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

vs.

Look up “shiny Garchomp”

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the mega-man-rear end looking guys in S/V also have really similar shinies

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

My first shiny in a legit copy of a game was a Roggenrola. It gets, uh, a bit more obvious when it evolves, though. I called it Glam Rock.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

ziggyzagoon

more aladdin sane but i dont care

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Been really busy at work again so I'm looking forward to the next couple weeks where I can catch up on some games.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
welcome back!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hope you all have a fruitful 4-day gaming weekend!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I don't have an extended weekend at all.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

haha what posted:

ziggyzagoon

more aladdin sane but i dont care

On of the absolutely best shinies in the game

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

yeah I'm a gamer

https://twitter.com/CoolBoxArt/status/1643922519202619393?s=20

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
im a retro gamer

:nws:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jay Rust posted:

I hope you all have a fruitful 4-day gaming weekend!

Laughs in retail

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Macaluso posted:

On of the absolutely best shinies in the game

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Jay Rust posted:

vs.

Pikachu vs Pikachu with a tan.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I don't have an extended weekend at all.

I don't get an extended weekend either.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
When did the eShop start allowing hentai?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

Laughs in retail

:negative:

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
I've had the whole week off work and it's been great. Been mostly playing Shadow of War, but dipping my toes into other things. I bought the survivors-like bundle and have been hooked on Scarlet Tower.

I also started a new game of Elden Ring after having not touched it since completing a new game plus playthrough last May. I'd forgotten what an incredible game it is, but switching between it and Shadow of War completely fucks me up with things like me hitting the wrong button, or forgetting which game I'm playing and trying to run up a wall when I can't.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

At least for me, the store is closed Sunday and I also have Monday off, so I kinda have a weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I've never had this weekend off before but I guess my pretty Catholic boss talked upper management into adding good Friday to holidays which is neat.