Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

PizzaProwler posted:

for the love of god, please stop posting about what kind of beer you and your lovely friends drink

The point is that they're all owned by the same company, idgaf what anyone drinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

PizzaProwler posted:

for the love of god, please stop posting about what kind of beer you and your lovely friends drink

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

PizzaProwler posted:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Just don't drink alcohol at all :smuggo:

winnydpu
May 3, 2007
Sugartime Jones

Solar Tornado posted:

Isn't iron weaker than bronze? Like in the real world, not videogames. Or am I confusing things?

If you cast pure iron it is very brittle. That's where the whole blacksmith thing comes in. If that brittle iron is heated and forged with a hammer the structure changes and a lot of excess carbon comes out. It becomes more malleable and tougher. It took over from bronze not so much because early iron was "better", but because it was way more common. Like the previous poster said.

poo poo. Thread moved fast.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rqj7apywbj1vxgrfb_720.mp4

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Mh mh mh.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ok but that's English in German. What's the English translation in English?

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

:actually:

Bronze is a better material than iron, being stronger and more resistant to corrosion. It's just that bronze required a broad trade route for copper and tin to meet, making mass production a challenge, with tin being especially scarce. Easier to equip an army with iron arms and armor which required the mining and refining of only one ore.

Now steel... that's another story.

In conclusion,

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yeah bronze is the superior material for most applications in the ancient and classical world, but iron was cheaper.

Genuinely can't decide which is the worse meme, animated character dances to some boomer song, or Terri the garbage shark

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah bronze is the superior material for most applications in the ancient and classical world, but iron was cheaper.

Genuinely can't decide which is the worse meme, animated character dances to some boomer song, or Terri the garbage shark

it's not animated character dances to boomer song, but may i present anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxDc3rAoJ-s

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

PittTheElder posted:

terri is the worst meme by far

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

PizzaProwler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOiyksNlrY0

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

PizzaProwler posted:

Imagine getting this absolutely mentally devastated becsuse someome posted a joke about a meme on the comedy forum something awful dot com.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

PizzaProwler posted:

I stand with this post

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Beeswax posted:

I stand with this post

i got moon moon

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That dude up front is extra boss

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

PittTheElder posted:

ti's thursday

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Those YouTube comments sections aren’t gonna fill themselves.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

PizzaProwler posted:

looks like you misinterpreted the intent of the post. I'm pretty sure what happened is you parsed the phrase "AB InBev" as some kind of technical beer term, and assumed the post to be some gooner trying to sound fancy and technical in an attempt to legitimize a beer obsession. when actually "AB InBev" is the shortened name of "Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV," the multinational company which owns such brands as Budweiser, Corona, Stella Artois, Busch, Beck's, Hoegaarden, Blue Point, Michelob, Modelo, OB, Shock Top, and dozens more. the point of the post was to point out that boycotting bud light would probably lead buyers to purchase another brand owned by the same company, thus defeating the purpose of the boycott.

extremely long winded way to say, you're an idiot

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

kalel posted:

looks like you misinterpreted the intent of the post. I'm pretty sure what happened is you parsed the phrase "AB InBev" as some kind of technical beer term, and assumed the post to be some gooner trying to sound fancy and technical in an attempt to legitimize a beer obsession. when actually "AB InBev" is the shortened name of "Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV," the multinational company which owns such brands as Budweiser, Corona, Stella Artois, Busch, Beck's, Hoegaarden, Blue Point, Michelob, Modelo, OB, Shock Top, and dozens more. the point of the post was to point out that boycotting bud light would probably lead buyers to purchase another brand owned by the same company, thus defeating the purpose of the boycott.

extremely long winded way to say, you're an idiot

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Guys please stop he's already dead

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/ngKRd7z.mp4

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

itskage posted:

Guys please stop he's already dead

It's always the meme thread

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Flipperwaldt posted:

It's always the meme thread

Lol

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

"but dad you're browsing in private mode!"

"oh....well at least i don't have alzheimers!"

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

goddamn lmfao

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

It's a huge shame that the originator of this meme became such a horrible NFT shill because he was a genuinely extremely funny guy:

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Does anyone have that meme video handy where a lady asks her dad why she's never getting married and he yells back at her it's because she spends her days obsessing about androgynous korean boys or something to that effect? My friend is in a K-hole.

And yes I know KPop stans are allies

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

haha, that's funny. I should save this.

sees ngKRd7z (4) show in downloads

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

burexas.irom posted:

And yes I know KPop stans are allies

allies to who? record industry?

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

https://twitter.com/jakesaysyousuck/status/1051636352712732673

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Solar Tornado posted:

Isn't iron weaker than bronze? Like in the real world, not videogames. Or am I confusing things?

Depends how it's made, iron generally is a better material but harder to manufacture and work with, so if you've had a lot of practice using bronze you might not be able to make things out of iron that are as good.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mister Speaker posted:

Haha drat, I forgot about that haircut. He looks like Tom Green when he'd put the JFK mask on top of his head backwards, which I believe was also for a joke rapper character.

Oh so he was pretending to be Kid rock

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

Solar Tornado posted:

Only if you don't buy your copper from Ea-nasir

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I love these

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Mister Speaker posted: