Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

he's not hot

e: correct post snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

blatman posted:

on one hand he's evil but on the other hand he's hot so i'm on the fence about the whole situation

FuturePastNow posted:

he's a stinky rat man

These are not mutually exclusive.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Emet poopie poopie butt

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I just don't know about his hairdo. It's hard to get into that

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Cleretic posted:

I know I said I was done, and I will be after this, but this is a good question worth answering, because I think people don't quite understand what I would've wanted.

I want a proper, real 'gently caress you' to how terrible he has been in the long-term. No, I don't expect him to apologize, I expect him to die realizing he's terrible and lost, and I don't think the game provided enough barbs on that punch to really satisfy that. What's already there feels like a solid foundation, but I'd want something more to really be safisfied with it.

Rand Brittain posted:

Well, you can't have that, and the game actively regards your desire for it as contemptible.

this just isn't true tho btw literally every endwalker role quest is about the game acknowledging that the usual textual approach of immediately moving on to other things once the protagonists personally reach a level of peace with a given person's crimes is not sustainable or really appropriate. endwalker even has multiple cutscenes where an antagonist is exiting the story and you get the chance to say "actually, i've always loving hated you. gently caress off zenos/asahi/hermes." it just never once gives you that option with respect to the person being discussed.

e: like people are often given to Discourse over the game's conclusion that yeah it's probably cool and okay to be unendingly enraged at the tyrant who tortured and killed your people even if she has the world's saddest backstory and also amnesia, there is no obligation to ever forgive her. but there's no doman citizenry to call for the head of emet-selch in the story, just people who agree with him or people who go "what you did was hosed up. but i do get it. you have my respect even if i must also kill you."

Valentin fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 6, 2023

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

In lighter news, I tossed a platinum piece in the donation bin and speedran building an entire school.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Valentin posted:

this just isn't true tho btw literally every endwalker role quest is about the game acknowledging that the usual textual approach of immediately moving on to other things once the protagonists personally reach a level of peace with a given person's crimes is not sustainable or really appropriate. endwalker even has multiple cutscenes where an antagonist is exiting the story and you get the chance to say "actually, i've always loving hated you. gently caress off zenos/asahi/hermes." it just never once gives you that option with respect to the person being discussed.

Sorry, buddy; you're going to have to take it to the spoiler thread or concede the point.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

hopeandjoy posted:

All the dialog options in the end of ShB are “I’m here partly because you shot my cat” or “gently caress you specifically Emet” (with a couple where you can be mad at both the Exarch and Emet). You’re primarily there to get your cat only if you make it that way.

And also everyone’s platitudes about the worthiness of their life is… exactly refuting Emet’s point????

Yeah it is insane to me that someone could think only Ali directly opposes Emets points and crimes because literally every scion directly addresses both of those n their own ways both right before the fnal dungeon and right embefore the final fight.

That plus ignoring the trial text and the other half of your dialouge options makes it feel like she's trying to shape text to hypothesis

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah it is insane to me that someone could think only Ali directly opposes Emets points and crimes because literally every scion directly addresses both of those n their own ways both right before the fnal dungeon and right embefore the final fight.

That plus ignoring the trial text and the other half of your dialouge options makes it feel like she's trying to shape text to hypothesis

it's because the operative argument is that they're addressing emet as emet the ascian, not as solus zos galvus. they do this in the dialogue because the former is doing the same thing as the latter but on a cosmic scale, so there's no real point in bringing up what garlemald did when you're facing the prospect of 7x turbo planetary garlemald. but for us, as people reading the text, the garlemald thing is a more impactful and more relatable thing to get mad at so it 'feels' off that they don't bring that up. except they don't because things have escalated far beyond it.

basically the objection is that it's not addressing the player's perspective as a modern human when the player doesn't exist in the setting to be exist

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

"You burned my house down!" is a valid narrative reason for a protagonist to start on a journey to fight the villain. It's kind of weird if that's still the hero's primary grievance after the villain has laid out their plan to burn down everybody's houses, everywhere, forever.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
as a fellow fire lover, maybe the arsonist has a point

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Dareon posted:

In lighter news, I tossed a platinum piece in the donation bin and speedran building an entire school.

I appreciate being able to do that. It's one of those "little touches" I appreciate about the game world.

I did get slightly annoyed that the game (one of the later on parts) wouldn't let me build a giant statue of me. Look, I guarantee you it would scare the empire away!!!!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Emet, Schmemet. Someone 3D print me Spriggan salt and pepper shakers in real life.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I miss Yugiri

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

iPodschun posted:

Please stop engaging with Cleretic on anything involving ShB

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Shinjobi posted:

I miss Yugiri

Me too :smith:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I'm glad she at least got a little time in the spotlight during the Doma set role quest

They retired her character in speaking roles due to her voice actress getting murdered, right?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Nah that happened mid HW, her recast actress performed for all of SB

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Feldegast42 posted:

I'm glad she at least got a little time in the spotlight during the Doma set role quest

They retired her character in speaking roles due to her voice actress getting murdered, right?

Wh

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Zeruel posted:

he's not that hot

Badger of Basra posted:

he's not hot

e: correct post snype

As he is when we first meet him, no. He's nowhere near hot.

No Mods No Masters posted:

I just don't know about his hairdo. It's hard to get into that

And that's a big part of it.

Hot Emet is OG Emet.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It's a tragic story but a little too much is attributed to that due to the shock value.
English VAs
Yugiri 2.2 - 2.55: Paulette Ivory
Yugiri 3.0: Sian Blake (this is the one everyone hears about)
Yugiri 3.5+: Eleanor Matsuura

French VA
Yugiri 2.2+: Marie Zidi

German VA:
Yugiri 2.2+: Marianne Graffam

Japanese VA
Yugiri 2.2+: Rina Satou

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Dragongem posted:

I appreciate being able to do that. It's one of those "little touches" I appreciate about the game world.

I did get slightly annoyed that the game (one of the later on parts) wouldn't let me build a giant statue of me. Look, I guarantee you it would scare the empire away!!!!

Building a giant statue of yourself to commemorate your economic contributions is a total loving Lolorito move. Don't be that guy.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Kheldarn posted:

Hot Emet is OG Emet.

You got the wrong OG Emet!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Failboattootoot posted:

I still love that the one time he gets an in-game model, it's Varis with a Ramuh beard bolted on

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Antivehicular posted:

I still love that the one time he gets an in-game model, it's Varis with a Ramuh beard bolted on

Wait what cutscene was that? Sometime in 2.x?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Feldegast42 posted:

Wait what cutscene was that? Sometime in 2.x?

https://twitter.com/VelFaros/status/1577608839532355584

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/oct/04/sian-blake-killed-leave-partner-arthur-simpson-kent-eastenders

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Yeah I think it’s fair to say I wish I didn’t read that.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
That happened during Heavensward. Yugiri had a ton of voiced lines in Stormblood.

I don't think she was "retired" because of anything - she's not around in the main story because there's no reason for her to be.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, she had her arc, it was good, and now she's in a place where her further goals mostly don't intersect with the MSQ. (Didn't she even get a little more character work in the Doman EW role quest, or am I misremembering?)

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, she had her arc, it was good, and now she's in a place where her further goals mostly don't intersect with the MSQ. (Didn't she even get a little more character work in the Doman EW role quest, or am I misremembering?)

She did, yeah, it was reslly nice.

The much more noticeable instance of someone not getting called in for voiced lines is Hien, who's been around for a lot of diplomatic scenes but just... hasn't spoken since Stormblood's patches.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

He even appears in one voiced scene in ShB cutscenes but has no lines either, IIRC

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Failboattootoot posted:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

I'm really happy with my GNB glam, solid aesthetic and colormatching, good pop of color, dark without being edgy.

I am less happy about adding this new helmet, but I'm nowhere near an aetheryte and honestly I'm kinda digging it.

...I am no longer digging it.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
https://twitter.com/TyotoTayuun/status/1639961285134630912?t=TWx85_80oBoB2xCY0e5JpA&s=19

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm pretty sure that it's mandatory that anyone who writes a book for a video game gets information wrong.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Other way around I think

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Kheldarn posted:

I'm pretty sure that it's mandatory that anyone who writes a book for a video game gets information wrong.

Or include material that was clearly from an earlier build that got cut (like KOTOR 2’s)

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Yeah, it seems to be that there are some aspects of fishing that the big user-created guides didn't cotton onto that that Japanese-only guide detailed (like windows that end at XX:05 or XX:15 rather than always the hour or half hour as assumed)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I want to start making 590 DoH/DoL gear, so I want Golden Cocoons for example.

My gatherers are at level 90, unbuffed gathering 3065 and perception 2971. Gatherer iLvl 575. I have used the Tome of Botanical Folklore – IIsabard and the Northen Empty.

Teamcraft and gatherbuddy agree on when the level 90 one-star node should appear. It doesn't show up. I think I have seen legendary nodes pop in another zone.

What am I overlooking here?