Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

PostNouveau posted:

I have been having a hard time explaining to my retirement-age boss that he shouldn't scream at the new guy because the new guy will scream back at him and the dude is about a hair away from quitting and only sticking around on my empty promises that the old bastard is like 2 weeks from retirement.

I work in public service and the amount of whining among command staff about kids not wanting to work anymore, and how serving the public “is a privilege” when we barely have enough staff for ambulances and our pay starts 3$/hr lower for medics is hilarious.

“These kids only work for THE MONEY”

yeah dude, why the gently caress else would we come to work you loving idiot? work is a literal transaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

it was actually a brand-building festival

I do like the fact that it gets completely underplayed how people just barged in and didn't pay for tickets. The Woodstock organizers were saved from financial ruin because they had musical and film rights they could use to repackage and resell the festival performances.

So all the Woodstock revivals in the 1990s and afterwards were probably much closer to how the original organizers wanted things to go.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Same.

What finally broke me was Bernie getting hosed in 2020 cuz I was still in the "we can fix it through the polls!" mindset.

i mean, you and many were right in supporting him: there's a reason the entire democratic apparatus did a 180 to zone in on him as if he was Trump himself: Bernie would have *tried* to change the status quo *slightly* and we can't have that. It would have been one of these rare moments where an election would have had a risk of influencing decision making at the top.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
work builds character which you can exchange for goods and services

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

I work in public service and the amount of whining among command staff about kids not wanting to work anymore, and how serving the public “is a privilege” when we barely have enough staff for ambulances and our pay starts 3$/hr lower for medics is hilarious.

yeah dude, why the gently caress else would we come to work you loving idiot? work is a literal transaction.

Yeah, this is another issue at my company. It's constant, "Why isn't this done? What are you loving stupid or something?" from the boss and we have barely enough staff to even keep everything afloat much less add to our services.

He makes more than twice as much as me and can't do anything. :(

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i'm not opposed to turning coachella or bonnaroo into a work camp

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Eric Cantonese posted:

So all the Woodstock revivals in the 1990s and afterwards were probably much closer to how the original organizers wanted things to go.

we went to woodstock 94 with no tickets and were able to walk right in

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Brain Curry posted:

lol those documentaries on Woodstock 99 mentioned this was a big reason 99 was such a shitshow. They were so concerned with people just walking in that they decided to hold it on a decommissioned air force base that was just all-concrete everywhere because it already had good security in place.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the guy who says if the economy is good or not is named Fed's Bulltard

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

fits my needs posted:

your dad sounds like a real rear end in a top hat lol

O yah. He keeps on telling me that his boss absolutely love him. "Yeah, because they're paying you cheaply as they can get away with" He just got a bit upset and told me he was a hard worker, he even take notes on his coworkers and inform his boss when they cut corners, take a unapproved breaks and all that kind of stuff. Just straight up snitching on the younger folks who's just doing minimum wage work lol

I don't get why I ever was worried about Covid taking my dad away, it's far more likely one day one of his coworkers will just stab him tbh

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

NeonPunk posted:

O yah. He keeps on telling me that his boss absolutely love him. "Yeah, because they're paying you cheaply as they can get away with" He just got a bit upset and told me he was a hard worker, he even take notes on his coworkers and inform his boss when they cut corners, take a unapproved breaks and all that kind of stuff. Just straight up snitching on the younger folks who's just doing minimum wage work lol

I don't get why I ever was worried about Covid taking my dad away, it's far more likely one day one of his coworkers will just stab him tbh

lol literal Kapo Dad

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Brain Curry posted:

I forgot about 94. I just thought they went right to the hateful 1999 fiasco.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

NeonPunk posted:

what a cranky old geezer lmao

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

NeonPunk posted:

ah, good ol’ protestantism

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

phish has good shows at old AFBs

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

phish has no good shows YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

lol those documentaries on Woodstock 99 mentioned this was a big reason 99 was such a shitshow. They were so concerned with people just walking in that they decided to hold it on a decommissioned air force base that was just all-concrete everywhere because it already had good security in place.

was woodstock 99 the one with a bunch of pictures of people rolling around in "mud?"

That wasn't mud.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

NeonPunk posted:

This is all the old boomers at my job. Keeping anyone younger than 40 is almost impossible due to the pay and the old people conspiring to get them fired.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
not even the newspaper hagiographies can find actual self made rich kids every single attempt has "they got their first hundred thousand dollars/business/apartment complex/etc from their parents" in it like a loose turd

hasn't been a real phenomenon for decades if it was ever anything but cold war propaganda

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao at shrike triggering today's Bad-Dad Anecdote Hour & everyone falling for it.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

bedpan posted:

was woodstock 99 the one with a bunch of pictures of people rolling around in "mud?"

That wasn't mud.

That was 94. 99 had riots and rapes and Limp Bizkit.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

hootington, you've said you're a granddad so you're either an teen-dad millennial or an xer, the latter of which would explain your willingness to divert attention to boomers instead.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Willa Rogers posted:

hootington, you've said you're a granddad so you're either an teen-dad millennial or an xer, the latter of which would explain your willingness to divert attention to boomers instead.

I am firmly millennial. I also get to enjoy age gap discourse.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Xers rule. Boomers drool.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

phish has no good shows YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP

if you arent high enough that whatever your watching becomes good you probably shouldnt be going to a phish concer

KillerFuzzball
Jul 1, 2007

taste the pain

Eric Cantonese posted:

I do like the fact that it gets completely underplayed how people just barged in and didn't pay for tickets.

I’ve been into the festival scene for the past decade or so. In all that time I’ve rarely seen this happen and never even close to the level of woodstock ‘99 where they had like two people there for every one ticket sold. It’s amazing to me how comparatively civil festivals are nowadays. That netflix doc on woodstock ‘99 is a pro watch, it was just such a glorious clusterfuck.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Modern americans are spineless rulescucks

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Eric Cantonese posted:

That was 94. 99 had riots and rapes and Limp Bizkit.

No it was 99. They were rolling around in "mud" next to the portajohns.

94 had mud next to the stages because it rained, 99 had fires. The 99 mud was in part because they had leaky water supplies everywhere poisoning the drinking water.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

(although the actual funniest possibility is that the bombshell report collapsing the house of cars around this guy just happens to come out right before he randomly gets stabbed by 'a crazy guy')

I hear he had information that would have led to the arrest of Hillary Clinton

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1643999974596722688

CNN: Too many people have jobs!

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

that article will give you havana syndrome

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

HallelujahLee posted:

that article will give you havana syndrome

havana good job

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Everyone wants to work anymore

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Bar Crow posted:

Everyone wants to work anymore

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

lol the writer of the article responded

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1643992907207282694?s=46&t=o307xxBiew2hWqLPw2eClA

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1643994271828131840?s=46&t=o307xxBiew2hWqLPw2eClA

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

a very strong economy just dont ask for who

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

LeeMajors posted:

Also no benefits or retirement.

I got in trouble because I told the local chamber of commerce that they shouldn't expect to fill positions if the pay is poo poo, the benefits are poo poo and the retirement is poo poo. What are you even offering your employees? You're in a "free market" and now you need to compete.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Eric Cantonese posted:

I do like the fact that it gets completely underplayed how people just barged in and didn't pay for tickets. The Woodstock organizers were saved from financial ruin because they had musical and film rights they could use to repackage and resell the festival performances.

Uh, the central people who put on the first festival were the same people who put on the second and third. Watch "Shitshow" on Netflix, it's a great documentary that really shows these hosed up ghouls for what they are.

vyLkinSinksTheShip
Apr 6, 2023

by vyelkin
Bed Bath & Beyond proposes reverse stock split as it struggles to avoid bankruptcy

quote:

a Bed Bath and Beyond store

•Bed Bath & Beyond is asking shareholders to approve a reverse stock split, warning it will likely file for bankruptcy if the measure isn’t approved.

•The struggling home goods retailer needs equity from a stock offering to avoid bankruptcy.

•If the reverse split is approved, Bed Bath will be able to issue more shares to cover the offering.

Bed Bath & Beyond wants shareholders to approve a reverse stock split at an upcoming special meeting, as the retailer keeps working to avoid filing for bankruptcy, according to a securities filing late Wednesday.

The retailer’s board is calling on shareholders to approve the reverse stock split at the May 9 meeting so it can have enough shares available to raise up to $300 million in equity from a stock offering announced last week.

Bed Bath’s fundraising efforts have been hampered by its dwindling stock price, which has been on a precipitous decline and has been trading under $1 for the last few weeks. Shares of Bed Bath were trading around 30 cents Thursday morning, giving the company a market value of about $132 million.

The company is concerned that if the plan isn’t completed, it likely won’t have enough equity to pay its debts and keep its doors open, the company said in the filing.

“The Company may be unable to avoid bankruptcy if the Reverse Split Proposal fails to obtain shareholder approval. We need to raise equity capital to have the necessary cash resources to fund operations and service obligations under our Credit Agreement,” the filing says.

The beleaguered retailer said the reverse stock split would be at a ratio, to be determined by the board, in the range of 1-for-10 to 1-for-20. If the split is approved, it would significantly reduce the number of outstanding shares of common stock available, which will allow it to issue enough stock to cover the terms of the offering.

The reverse split could also boost Bed Bath’s per-share price, which the company expects could improve perception of its stock and attract more investors.

“We believe a higher share price could make our Common Stock more attractive to a broader range of investors, as we believe that the current market price of our Common Stock may affect its acceptability to certain professional investors and other members of the investing public,” the filing says.

“In particular, we believe that an increased share price would enable us to attract additional institutional investors and investment funds who may not consider purchasing our Common Stock due to our low trading price.”

Still, even if the reverse split temporarily boosts Bed Bath’s share price, the stock offering will eventually dilute it, which happened after the company announced another stock offering in February.

The home goods retailer has been warning of bankruptcy since January after a series of dismal quarters depleted the company’s liquidity and left it clinging to life.

On Wednesday, it announced a $120 million lifeline provided by liquidator Hilco Global so it can get inventory back on its shelves in a last ditch effort to improve sales.

–CNBC’s Jesse Pound contributed to this report.
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/06/bed-bath-beyond-faces-bankruptcy-seeks-reverse-stock-split.html

vyLkinSinksTheShip has issued a correction as of 19:26 on Apr 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

mycomancy posted:

Uh, the central people who put on the first festival were the same people who put on the second and third. Watch "Shitshow" on Netflix, it's a great documentary that really shows these hosed up ghouls for what they are.

I thought the rights got bought by someone else after the 1960s. I definitely need to see this Netflix documentary now.