Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NIoUOG_hmg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

perfect snipe

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I haven't listened to it yet, but this one may be a banger

https://twitter.com/VoidBurger/status/1641511460411957272?s=20

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Do not skip Fightstar, it is drat good.

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name
I really enjoy how vicious Taylor gets to be with Philadelphia, that disgusting home of roaches

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

RandolphCarter posted:

Do not skip Fightstar, it is drat good.

a drat fine these those indeed. the energy is unhinged to the point liberty balboa winds up mostly the straight man

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Taylor says in the Talks of Show that Carboat might be his favorite character to play, which surprised me because I thought that voice would be murder!

On the subject of batshit episodes, I loved the most recent premium episode has Branson play as Ichabod Crane. Yes, they guy from the old story. His dynamic with Tim is so great.

And unusually for a premium episode, The rear end in a top hat antagonist introduced there survives to become part of the crew.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
these those has been killing it recently. just a ton of fun. Also it comes out frequently which is a big plus.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I've enjoyed most of the eps I've listened to (especially anything with Branson in it, he is as creative a player as he is a DM), but I just wish that Rude Tales' Black Grail tier Patreon was only $5 so I could justify subscribing to both that and OTTSOS. I don't know why that extra $5 a month is a boundary for me, realistically I definitely have the budget for it, but I have some kind of frustrating principle about this

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
yeah. that plus the rude tales release schedule on both main feed and patreon is a lot sparser. plus these those has full new eps which is a much bigger incentive

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Rude Tales is a lot tighter, either through Branson's DMing or Taylor's editing. Joe lets his cast gently caress around a lot more and keeps it in the final edit so it's a different feel. Some of that is supposed to feel like the cold open/act 1 of a Star Trek episode before the plot kicks in, I guess.

Omnomnomnivore fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 31, 2023

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I was just walking my dog and thought of the name Carboat bin Laden and started laughing.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Farg posted:

yeah. that plus the rude tales release schedule on both main feed and patreon is a lot sparser. plus these those has full new eps which is a much bigger incentive

Yeah I might consider swapping tbh. I like the rude talks of chatting, but I usually skip the talkin bouts, and having full on extra episodes of something else for half the money is kinda tempting.

It's counterintuitive, because I like Rude Tales better overall, but it might make sense to switch. Although Branson's high energy themed intros to the rude talks is almost worth $10 alone

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Rude Tales is a lot tighter, either through Branson's DMing or Taylor's editing. Joe lets his cast gently caress around a lot more and keeps it in the final edit so it's a different feel. Some of that is supposed to feel like the cold open/act 1 of a Star Trek episode before the plot kicks in, I guess.

The Casketshowroom episode that has like 45 minutes of cold open because the cast can't stop riffing on each other is one of the best Oh These Those eps though

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Groomda to Groomda’s Tentacle:
“I need ya to do something for me buddy. I need ya to go into your ice form.”

Groomda’s Tentacle to Groomda:
“But ya know how much it HURTS to go into my ice form!”

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Swan Boy readers and fellow unemployable shut-ins, we now know Noel's forums account.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Swan Boy readers and fellow unemployable shut-ins, we now know Noel's forums account.

Rona doesn't appear to have an account

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

Omnomnomnivore posted:

the cyhsy avatar is an incredible touch

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That's a hidden bonus for those of us who took a little time to register for the forums. "Gently caress," amirite folks?

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

The perfectly observed goon usernames are what really gets me.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Lmfao

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name
Branson is a treasure

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

gently caress those are good usernames. Show yourself branson

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That's a hidden bonus for those of us who took a little time to register for the forums. "Gently caress," amirite folks?

What was the deal there anyway? I vaguely remember it but always just assumed it was a site wide filter that got removed at some point.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Warbird posted:

gently caress those are good usernames. Show yourself branson

What was the deal there anyway? I vaguely remember it but always just assumed it was a site wide filter that got removed at some point.

There was a world filter for all swears if you weren’t logged in. It was funny when someone had been lurking for a while before they bought their account and started posting “loving” and other filtered swears.

I don’t remember why there was a filter.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The filter was to sanitize the site somewhat for the normies. Once you decide to spend your :tenbux: you cannot be redeemed so it doesn't matter anymore.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

i havent tried to browse unlogged in like 10 years, did the word filters get removed at some point?

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

It's not Branson, but: https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34927

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
This interview with Branson is really fun: https://www.hausofdecline.com/episodes/1/1282609

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat
Noel clearly being a poster in E/N is the least surprising thing about him

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I decided to give Fun City a chance after hearing so many ads for it on my Rude relisten. Didn’t know Taylor was a co-gm, neat.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

fun city is INCREDIBLY good & leans so far left that several patreon aftershows have redacted sections due to discussions of revolutionary violence, which i appreciate

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

RandolphCarter posted:

I decided to give Fun City a chance after hearing so many ads for it on my Rude relisten. Didn’t know Taylor was a co-gm, neat.

Fun City is good but I'm pretty sure that by now they have more episodes of placeholder miniseries than of the actual plot lol

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Fun City is fun

I love Lash :kimchi:

Also, Float City, their covid show, is also incredibly good.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Where should I start in Funcity?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I’d say just start at the beginning. If you’re into Iain Banks type far future sci-if the Float City miniseries isn’t a bad place to start.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

both miniseries are their own thing narratively & tonally as opposed to the neo-noir cyberpunky feel of the base game. float city is far future scifi stuff, cozy city is a murder, she wrote ttrpg (really). i havent listened to either bc theyre kind of outside my sphere of interest but i hear good things!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
New OTTSoS:

https://twitter.com/ohthesethose/status/1651598571597168650

It’s the full cast. When was the last time we had one of those?

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

Dr Christmas posted:

New OTTSoS:

https://twitter.com/ohthesethose/status/1651598571597168650

It’s the full cast. When was the last time we had one of those?

Holy moly this was a good one. An all timer in terms of character interactions and overall concept.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/TimothyPlatt/status/1652641050110967809?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
From the Patreon, had no idea since I don't hang on the Discord:

quote:

Release Update from the Rude
Crew
3 minutes ago
Dear Friends & Enemies, Hello! We know you may have been wondering what's going on in the world of Rude Tales of Magic. We'd wonder too! There haven't been any episodes since February 26th. We have good news to report on that front!
Rude Tales is resuming regular programming in May. Our next episodes are locked and loaded, and we have Some bonus treats ready to go too! We're returning to our biweekly release schedule and can't wait for you to hear what we've got in store. If you're on the discord, you know that Taylor Moore and Fortunate Horse left Rude Tales and Oh These, Those Stars of Space. Over the past month, Ali, Branson, Carly, Chris, Joe, and Tim have been busy forming a new company. We now own both shows and we're so excited to be producing them under our brand new business- Bucket of Milk. Were sorry for the radio silence and we hope you understand that we needed to go dark while we saw that process through. We're glad Taylor is prioritizing his health, and you can still hear his magnificent production in Worlds Beyond Number. We want to thank you so much for sticking with us these last few months- we're so grateful for your patience, kindness, enthusiasm and support! We'll see you on the main feed on Tuesday fora little something fun! We have such Rude Tales to tell you..