Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

From my hazy recollection VA-11 Hall-A has a sexbot who had the body of a child whose main client is roleplaying a father/daughter thing with her and if you are like wtf she says you have some growing up to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
was VHA the one with the furries-as-transgenderism allegory as well or was that red string society, or are we getting the two mixed up?

cyberpunk coffee shop sims suck, is the main takeaway here

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Oxxidation posted:

was VHA the one with the furries-as-transgenderism allegory as well or was that red string society, or are we getting the two mixed up?
that's Read Only Memories

and now

this

https://twitter.com/TrepangStudios/status/1643962028355117057

2023 is the year all the eternal indie projects reach completion. i can feel it. this is Black Ice's time. this is Secrets of Grindea's time.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Yessss, FEAR kick my beloved.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Waste of Breath posted:

Is that game controversial? I wanted to try it but feel like I used to see a lot of Jill pfps on chuddy types. Bad reason to avoid it I'm sure...

avoid it because it sucks

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The 7th Guest posted:

that's Read Only Memories

and now

this

https://twitter.com/TrepangStudios/status/1643962028355117057

2023 is the year all the eternal indie projects reach completion. i can feel it. this is Black Ice's time. this is Secrets of Grindea's time.

Holy poo poo this has been on my wishlist for 4 years lmao can't believe it's actually getting released

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

is there a way to sort your library by your most recent purchases? Sometimes I'll get a bundle of games during a sale or from somewhere else and it's easy to have those new games get lost in my giant library list

Sort the library automatically, no. There's a move a buddy of mine told me about that might help here: make a category and just call it "Bundle?", open your Steam history under your profile, and it'll tell you what games were outside keys and in what order you claimed them. Use that list to just mark down all the mystery stuff you dumped into that category and save it for a rainy day if you need something to play later.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

Defender’s Quest 2 also announced a release date

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

1upmuffin posted:

Boneraiser Minions: Extremely fun Survivor type game, every level up you get to choose from a list of 3-4 minions to summon, some can be levelled up, and some can be combined to created stronger minions. Lots of upgrades, characters, and stages. It's part of the Humble Bundle survivor bundle, but I don't know anything about the other games in that bundle so I can't say if it's worth it or not.

Rogue: Genesia is well liked by fans of the genre. Nomad Survival is one of the earliest VS style games that is fine, it just doesn't keep your attention for that long. The biggest complaint about Scarlet Tower is that it is too much like Vampire Survivors instead of a game in the genre, but that might not be a bad thing to same.

Only played the demos for Just King and Rependitium. They feel too different for me to be bundled in with the others, but hey, plenty of quality stuff in the bundle regardless.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Fruits of the sea posted:

Defender’s Quest 2 also announced a release date

Wow, it's been a decade since the first one came out.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Haven't bought the Metal Hellsinger dlc yet but if the actual content is roughly on par with the music it comes with this is gonna be pretty loving sweet.

1upmuffin
Jan 9, 2023

Mierenneuker posted:

Rogue: Genesia is well liked by fans of the genre. Nomad Survival is one of the earliest VS style games that is fine, it just doesn't keep your attention for that long. The biggest complaint about Scarlet Tower is that it is too much like Vampire Survivors instead of a game in the genre, but that might not be a bad thing to same.

Only played the demos for Just King and Rependitium. They feel too different for me to be bundled in with the others, but hey, plenty of quality stuff in the bundle regardless.

Rogue: Genesia has a nice art style. Going to download the demo of that one.

The only other Survivor type game I've tried (not in the bundle) is Soulstone Survivors, I wasn't huge on the manual aiming, but I should try it more at some point.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mindblast posted:

Haven't bought the Metal Hellsinger dlc yet but if the actual content is roughly on par with the music it comes with this is gonna be pretty loving sweet.

It's only 3 costumes, 2 songs and a weapon, doesn't include any new levels, but considering it's only 4€ I'd say it's a reasonable price.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

1upmuffin posted:

Boneraiser Minions: Extremely fun Survivor type game, every level up you get to choose from a list of 3-4 minions to summon, some can be levelled up, and some can be combined to created stronger minions. Lots of upgrades, characters, and stages. It's part of the Humble Bundle survivor bundle, but I don't know anything about the other games in that bundle so I can't say if it's worth it or not.

Boneraiser Minions also sticks out for me that it seems to get a (very small) update almost every single day. I don’t really know why or what it means, but it really is a lot of fun and if those updates are small patches/rebalancing someone is taking care of their baby constantly.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Oh poo poo somehow I automatically believed song = level. Ok thats good to know.

Now when do we get official ost and lyrics.:colbert:

Metal is cool and all but sometimes I legit have no loving idea what they're saying. :corsair:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mindblast posted:

Oh poo poo somehow I automatically believed song = level. Ok thats good to know.

Now when do we get official ost and lyrics.:colbert:

Metal is cool and all but sometimes I legit have no loving idea what they're saying. :corsair:

Ooooooo go to bed brush your teeth drink less soda nah nah nah ooooo yeaaaah

But in Finnish sometimes.

A lot of the time actually.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Looks like Bohemia is making a Battlezonelike.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MBi2dYtf-E

Orv
May 4, 2011
My understanding is that the FPS mode and RTS mode are explicitly separate which is not what I’m looking for from my Battlezoners but the article was a bit messy and may have been somewhat incorrect.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
That would be odd, at least in singleplayer.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1644006743171809280

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.

Rapacity posted:

This isn't above board at all. Did they at least refund?

Yes, but it's just another PITA to go through their customer service, when I already jumped through their hoops of attempting to skip the month.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I wonder if they've done anything about the terrible terrible performance on PC.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
drat, then i guess i've gotta kill steam.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Fanatical platinum Collection for April 2023

quote:

Alwa's legacy
Super Alloy Rangers
Treasures of the Aegean
Mago
Gear Shifters
House builders
Lucy-she eternity she wished for
Golf it !
Wind bound
The black heart
Boomerang fu
Seige survival
Black book
Labyrinthine
3 for $9.99/5 for $14.99/7 for $19.99

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/platinum-collection-build-your-own-bundle

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

I wonder if they've done anything about the terrible terrible performance on PC.

the common bat enemy deserves to have 300,000 polygons, it's worth it

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Jack Trades posted:

Not age rating though, no.
That's installed games. I need a way to see that for all the games in my library.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Orv posted:

Extreme nerd nitpick time; if a lightsaber blade is weightless and the Force is what lets you use one without slicing your own face off (which I assume has been contradicted in various EU stuff like eighty thousand times) why aren't the streets out back of the Jedi Temple filled with the bodies of poo poo padawans?

look at this poster who skipped episode 2

I envy you

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Whoever compared Star Wars to sci-fi Harry Potter earlier in this thread was totally right.

Looking for inconsistencies in their world-building is like shooting fish in a barrel.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The jedi use the Force to disappear their poops

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

GreenmanGaming has standard for $32 and digital deluxe is $47. Though it is cheaper to buy the base game and the season pass separately if you don't want the digital artbook or mini soundtrack.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

explosivo posted:

Everspace 2 comes out of EA today and is already on Gamepass. Figured I'd mention it since it likely won't be bumped up to the "new releases" on gamepass so you may not remember it's on there but it does appear that version will be updated to the full release around the same time as the Steam version.

So it sounds like the Gamepass version of Everspace 2 will be updated today to an "almost-full release" build that will not be exactly the same as the actual 1.0 build on Steam but will have all of the new content from the 1.0 build just without some polishing/bug fixes because something something microsoft certification something. True 1.0 on Gamepass sounds like it's a week away but saves will be compatible. As far as I can tell the Gamepass version has not yet been updated as of the time of this post but should be at some point today (version will be higher than 0.10.30179.0 when it does).

quote:

Further clarity for Gamepass!
If you have the game installed, it should update automatically at launch to an almost-full release build (this is to circumvent certification delays, so you can play as soon as possible). Our best guess ETA would be around a week when the true 1.0 goes live on Gamepass. Playing this build won't miss anything between saves, so you can freely start without the need to restart again.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

kazil posted:

The jedi use the Force to disappear their poops

You're thinking of the Sith.

"Quicker, easier, more seductive, like a vanishing turd."

Orv
May 4, 2011
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Floorshitter the Unwise?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Orv posted:

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Floorshitter the Unwise?

I saw him at Walmart two weeks ago!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Are all the random animals and bosses still 300 billion triangles or did they actually learn from the criticism and properly patch their poo poo.

My bet is on "lmao, of course they didnt"

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So what, now people want to pay more money for fewer polygons? OK goon. :rolleyes:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Never pay more than $20 for a computer polygon.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

kazil posted:

Never pay more than $20 for a computer polygon.

45 bucks and 7 cents, adjusted for inflation.

https://fineleatherjackets.net/monkeyinflation

Orv
May 4, 2011
But what’s the best Porygon to dollars ratio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I leave negative reviews on anything with less than a 100,000 triangle-to-dollar ratio