Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/destinytrack/status/1644038380391395347?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Strand fusion in IB next season!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

who did hung jury and messenger gently caress to get this kind of treatment

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Is 80 hours post Lightfall too much to refund it?

Sounds like you got your money’s worth

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Mill Village posted:

Sounds like you got your money’s worth

But not my entitlement's worth!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I swear if they give 'Double Nightfall Week' to Mindbender again

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Remembering the glory of Double Nightfall S.A.B.R.E Silicone Neuroma. Got two 4.5 rolls.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

There should be an elevator at the tower that brings you down to the wall at ground level. From there you just hang out behind some barricades and blast unending waves of hive or fallen with some chump guardsman. A+ why not done?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Majere posted:

There should be an elevator at the tower that brings you down to the wall at ground level. From there you just hang out behind some barricades and blast unending waves of hive or fallen with some chump guardsman. A+ why not done?

"Guardian oh my god what are you doing to the House of Light oh Jesus"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Blasting unending waves near some chumps is what patrol was originally like, but, well, the last couple of pages

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Any specific IB gear I should go for? I think the legacy armor looks cooler, is there a reason to get the current stuff (besides it being cheaper?)

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Any specific IB gear I should go for? I think the legacy armor looks cooler, is there a reason to get the current stuff (besides it being cheaper?)

There may be better ones out there but the void SMG can roll with destabilizing rounds which is 10/10 for spreading void debuff to create void thingies that give you Devour

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Necrobama posted:

There may be better ones out there but the void SMG can roll with destabilizing rounds which is 10/10 for spreading void debuff to create void thingies that give you Devour

Nice. I’ve been using Funnelweb, but I will go for that as well.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

For PvP roles? The fusion is pretty good and can map people from far.
Bite of the fox is also good.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

haveblue posted:

Blasting unending waves near some chumps is what patrol was originally like, but, well, the last couple of pages

RIP Mars.

I still do Altars on the Moon a lot for bounties and to test builds and cuz its just fun. I like to look out for lower light random people doing stuff like Altars or Throne World stuff and help them out.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

haveblue posted:

I mean... that's literally still all the other patrol locations besides Neomuna. Altars of Sorrow are still in the game! Blind Well, still in the game!

These locations were not touched, their difficulty remains very low! No surges, no champs, no level delta.

Now, there's a separate discussion about rewards, but if all you want to do is mindlessly blast dudes and never die, that has not been taken away.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mazerunner posted:

I mean... that's literally still all the other patrol locations besides Neomuna. Altars of Sorrow are still in the game! Blind Well, still in the game!

These locations were not touched, their difficulty remains very low! No surges, no champs, no level delta.

Now, there's a separate discussion about rewards, but if all you want to do is mindlessly blast dudes and never die, that has not been taken away.

People want the new content to be good so they don't have to play the old content, OP

Can't unlock the Neptune Patterns on the Moon

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
you can mindlessly blast vex by the clownbusload three times a week in avalon, which is pretty fun

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I can barely unlock them on Neptune!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

People want the new content to be good so they don't have to play the old content, OP

cool! I specifically said rewards are a different conversation. honestly I would not care or even prefer if Neomuna got tuned down

but I am, specifically, taking issue with the people who frame 'one patrol space is overtuned' with 'the entire game no longer allows casual players to login'

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mazerunner posted:

cool! I specifically said rewards are a different conversation. honestly I would not care or even prefer if Neomuna got tuned down

but I am, specifically, taking issue with the people who frame 'one patrol space is overtuned' with 'the entire game no longer allows casual players to login'

Ah well I'll leave you to them. I keep my distance since I'm allergic to straw

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Mazerunner posted:

are these posters in the room with us right now?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Why do I hate PvP but enjoy IB? Is it cause everyone there is just in it for gear so it makes me feel out me I’m better than I am?

Also, I want the title. For the “reset rank 2 times” do I have to complete that in one season?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

You are the only one saying these things my dude.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Lexorin posted:

Goddammit, I really genuinely love Destiny 2, but loving bungie is just the biggest group of idiots. I wish they'ed hire or listen to someone who isn't a demi-god at playing this game.

Chappy posted:

I understand other people may want to be challenged. So make harder content for those people (oh wait they already did that), but leave the base game alone.

It’s not a casual experience if you can’t engage the content without optimal weapons and load outs

fast cars loose anus posted:

And Destiny is a shooter that used to have a nice easy set of modes that these arrogant idiots took away from us. The point being, no, most people don't play games to be challenged, we play them to HAVE FUN and when a previously fun game is made way more annoying and difficult, you should not be surprised when that provokes a negative reaction!

RBX posted:

Oh yes they were. They need to feed their egos and have something to gatekeep or else why would anybody give a gently caress about what they think. And actually I agree for vets they needed a real challenge but infiltrating that challenge in every facet of the game was horrible. It's not even real challenge just artificial challenge. Which is all Bungie knows how to do since day 1. Which is why I never look to their games for a challenge.

Here we have four different posters expressing sentiments of "the entire game is harder", "there are no casual spaces", "you must have optimal loadouts at all times", all of which are entirely untrue. If I looked harder I'm sure I'd find more.

plus the general sentiment that the only people who could desire challenge are doing it to lord over those who do not, and the general incredibly aggro style. Even go back to discussions about RoN (and the day 1) where there was- not everyone, no- but several posters whose reaction to players being disappointed with the difficulty was 'gently caress them'. So now things are on the other foot, where one patrol zone is overtuned, and the reaction is that this is a personal attack by Bungie.

All I'm saying is, for all the hate some people throw towards the streamers/elitists, yall sound exactly the same to me. But w/e, done talking.

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

wooom wooom vroooom ksh ksh vooom

Mazerunner posted:

Here we have four different posters expressing sentiments of "the entire game is harder", "there are no casual spaces", "you must have optimal loadouts at all times", all of which are entirely untrue. If I looked harder I'm sure I'd find more.

plus the general sentiment that the only people who could desire challenge are doing it to lord over those who do not, and the general incredibly aggro style. Even go back to discussions about RoN (and the day 1) where there was- not everyone, no- but several posters whose reaction to players being disappointed with the difficulty was 'gently caress them'. So now things are on the other foot, where one patrol zone is overtuned, and the reaction is that this is a personal attack by Bungie.

All I'm saying is, for all the hate some people throw towards the streamers/elitists, yall sound exactly the same to me. But w/e, done talking.

I wasn’t talking about patrol spaces hope this helps.

As far as optimal loadout, I was referring to another post that said “just equip an optimal loadout and it’s fine”

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mazerunner posted:

But w/e, done talking.

Didn't love this post but you nailed the ending

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

sunday at work posted:

One last point about difficulty and mechanics and I’ll shut up. Bungie clearly wants you to be challenged and do lots of things and have lots of options but they are once again running into the core problem of having built their fantasy MMO in an arena shooter engine that doesn’t offer much in the way of options. Move and shoot. Rip and tear. Their engine does that extremely well but doesn’t seem to offer many other options so they just fall back to tweaking damage numbers and limiting the choices you do have and calling it challenging. And it is challenging but personally I find more frustrating than engaging.

Maybe in their next game Bungie can branch out and add in some MMO-like staples. Like:

Fishing minigames
Pointlessly decorating your player apartment that nobody ever visits but you
An actual barber

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Does hero’s burden roll with repulsed brace or has that been replaced with destabilizing rounds?

Edit: It doesn’t. I’ve wasted so many rolls :homebrew:

Raspberry Bang fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 7, 2023

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

wooom wooom vroooom ksh ksh vooom
Dudes I’m starting a blind well group. Then we are gonna hit up some altar of sorrow.

Maybe we can do EDZ patrols after. I don’t know if we will have enough time.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Chappy posted:

Dudes I’m starting a blind well group. Then we are gonna hit up some altar of sorrow.

Maybe we can do EDZ patrols after. I don’t know if we will have enough time.

This legit sounds fun as hell tho. If I'm testing new weapons or rolls then Alters of Sorrow is handy and fun because of the sheer enemy density. Blind Well is also just fun if you just want to shoot dudes and can divorce yourself from the MMORPG part of your brain for a bit to enjoy life.

The whole difficulty conversation is loving tedious at this point. Whether you think it's too hard, too easy or just right unfortunately Bungie has the numbers of player engagement telling them they did the right thing, so unless that changes dramatically this is how it's gonna be.

I'm somehow simultaneously a "blueberry scrub noob" who can't git gud as well as someone who hates easier and more casual play and is an elitist who agrees with streamers that everything needs to be even harder. Just depends who is speaking and what sensitive topic they're on about.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'd love a Tower penthouse pad where I can throw oryx's head and my old breakneck on the wall or whatever

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

acumen posted:

I'd love a Tower penthouse pad where I can throw oryx's head and my old breakneck on the wall or whatever

Isn't Oryx still drifting aimlessly in space, like Kars?

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Why do I hate PvP but enjoy IB? Is it cause everyone there is just in it for gear so it makes me feel out me I’m better than I am?

Also, I want the title. For the “reset rank 2 times” do I have to complete that in one season?

The matchmaking is supposed to be skill based so people like me (bottom of the barrel pvper) can not get loving immediately canoe’d any time I turn a corner. I queue solo and have a good time most of the time. Maybe similar?

You don’t have to reset twice in a season, I got my title over multiple seasons and the final reset was this season, my first of the season. Thing to keep in mind though, is that your second reset will loving fly if you are getting armor and have ornaments, after your first reset you will have a banner, and if you hover over one of the icons on the IB launch screen, you can see a rep multiplier. If you play your 18 games on one character as I think solar, void, strand (read the challenge by hovering the IB launch icon) to get the 4 challenges done (play 3, play 4 more, play 5 more, play 6 more), equip a bunch of IB gear/ornaments/banner, from memory you get something insane like a 14x multiplier? The second reset just flew.

DIM>Progress tab will also show you up top how close to reset you are in terms of total points, since the thresholds grow with rank. Like finishing rank 12 you’re like halfway to reset or something. Gives you a sense of how many percent you get on win or loss once your multiplier stabilizes (or before, too).

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Isn't Oryx still drifting aimlessly in space, like Kars?

only because I don't have a sweet pad to hang his corpse up in

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

acumen posted:

only because I don't have a sweet pad to hang his corpse up in

You mean only because we couldn’t use his corpse as a gun.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

FlapYoJacks posted:

You mean only because we couldn’t use his corpse as a gun.

touch of malice is very explicitly oryx's corpse as a gun

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It’s his soul as a gun, made of parts of his corpse

They do have the tech to give you a pad you can decorate, Beyond Light let you collect trophies in the little igloo next to Exo Stranger. Maybe they thought that was a failed experiment or not worth the effort for the later expansions?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

gonna land on oryx's corpse and mine it out for crafting materials

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Kith posted:

gonna land on oryx's corpse and mine it out for crafting materials

Yes, more currencies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Gonna carve off his rear end and wear it as a hat