Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Skarsnik posted:

lol

Can someone do a Massa spring one to complete the set

Ayrton Senna and Adrian Newey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Sombrerotron posted:

Just want to share a fun little image I stumbled on while mindleslsy refreshing randomwaffle

This genuine Ferrari wind tunnel model must be worth a fortune at auction

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Ayrton Senna and Adrian Newey

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Lol

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

the greatest F1 driver in history, Max Verstappen

:mods:

THIS IS THE POST THAT SHOULD BE PROB’D!!!!

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

tony quidtana posted:

Sorry yes I forgot that the world revolves around Americans, my bad

I don't know if you missed the memo about liberty media, Logan Sargent, and racing in the US a bunch, but I think this is the case at the moment

(I don't like croft/brundle but I dread the coming of American-style commentary/presentation (most American race lovers I've recommended F1 to complain that they don't know what a "paddock" is and "the announcers have dumb accents"))

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
This seems the appropriate place for my question.

What kitchen knives should I get? I need some nice ones because my bad ones have started breaking.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

How much do you want to spend?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

tony quidtana posted:

Can the same person who reported Loud Noise also report my anti american posts for racism because that's the current trajectory of probations being handed out in this thread. tia

I particularly enjoyed an admin with gently caress all meaningful contribution pre Liberty horseshit to this thread sifting through three pages of live posts after a race ended to probate me after the aus GP. Solid work 👌

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

PatentPending posted:

What kitchen knives should I get? I need some nice ones because my bad ones have started breaking.

Sabatier. But genuine Sabatiers, not the knock off shite.

Made in England is a real selling point for kitchen knives, so many of our youth die to them. If you can cut out a teenager's heart with one you'll be fine butchering a chicken.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Don't be that moron that buys wish.com Damascus steel.

(USER WAS PROBATED FOR THIS POST)

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

just g o to bed bath and beyond or better yet live for 20 years off the set your grocery store gave you when you got enough points

brand name knives are dumb as hell

this is a thread for people who primarily live off air fried chicken that a butter knife could cut, or rather pick it straight out fo the basket and eat it with your bare hands

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like how Yuki has said that he's been practicing his defensive driving by rewatching Alonso vs Hamilton at Hungary.

Before the season started I figured that Yuki would be one of the most likely drivers to get axed at the end of the year but if De Vries continues to suck then Yuki might be safe in his mediocrity.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

My favorite knife I got from Sainsburys. I’m in the US now, and I have a base feeling that super-expensive knife sets are cargo-cult objects for weirdos - but also I’m in the US so everything is a scam and every product will break after 3 uses.

So I figure I just need to find a decently priced set of kitchen knives that are visibly one piece of steel from blade to handle.

It’s just so difficult finding the decent middle ground between ‘disposable scam’ and ‘culty weirdo fodder sold at a 1000% markup’ here.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

I like how Yuki has said that he's been practicing his defensive driving by rewatching Alonso vs Hamilton at Hungary.

Before the season started I figured that Yuki would be one of the most likely drivers to get axed at the end of the year but if De Vries continues to suck then Yuki might be safe in his mediocrity.

I understand that DTS isn’t anything close to reality but from that show I’m really hoping Yuki outlasts De Vries.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I don't think khablam would report those posts

Khablam posted:

Sad to see my name being besmirched in this thread.
I reported nothing.

What is happening is mods posted clear rules last time the thread decided circle jerking around stupid offensive jokes was really neat actually.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

You mean when fluffdaddy tried to stop our discussion of legumes?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Charles Leclerc posted:

Don't be that moron that buys wish.com Damascus steel.

(USER WAS PROBATED FOR THIS POST)

lmao if your knives haven't been quenched in the blood of slaves after forging

just loving amateur hour.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

Sad to see my name being besmirched in this thread.
I reported nothing.

What is happening is mods posted clear rules last time the thread decided circle jerking around stupid offensive jokes was really neat actually.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

:downsbravo: and :downs: are still emotes and christ, there are probably more. If the rules were clear it would be one thing, but it's like a bunch of autists trying to navigate contextual social cues whilst loving a door knob. Nobody is advocating for child abuse for gently caress's sake.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 6, 2023

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

It’s just a joke… like on top gear

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
Its very simple, if the joke is funny it should not be probed. If the joke is not funny, like posting in support of Max Verstappen, the poster should be banned.

Also why is no one bitching about MotoGP adding sprints to every race???

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

MotoGP should start with the riders running out to their bikes

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
there should be a jump that if you go off it during the race you get a bonus of some kind

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

PatentPending posted:

I am a big fan of wusthof knives, a good balance between quality and not silly prices

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Sunk Dunk posted:

there should be a jump that if you go off it during the race you get a bonus of some kind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aioj9NAFOVE&t=5s

STADIUM! SUPER! TRUUUCKS!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Similar to when Slamball came out, it's fascinating that other moto racing still exists after Stadium Super Trucks was invented.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i have a chef's knife and a chinese-style cleaver from dexter russell that are nice to work with. it's what the Pros use so you know it's good

nothing fancy, just good american cuttin

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Immolat1on posted:

Its very simple, if the joke is funny it should not be probed. If the joke is not funny, like posting in support of Max Verstappen, the poster should be banned.

Also why is no one bitching about MotoGP adding sprints to every race???

Don't they only run for about 45 minutes anyway? how long are the sprints?

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Similar to when Slamball came out, it's fascinating that other moto racing still exists after Stadium Super Trucks was invented.

Slamball was incredible when I was a kid. Incredibly dangerous though. Didn't it eventually devolve into everyone trying to shoot threes?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

a knife sharpening shop described henckels knives as "like a jeep, not the best at anything, but good at everything"

anyway i have several that are great and hold an edge well

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

maybe a better description is "like kevin magnussen"

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I have a chef's knife from John Lewis I got years ago and was super cheap. As long as I sharpen it every few months with a whetstone it's sharp as gently caress and I've never needed to get a fancier one.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I put all my knives in the dishwasher

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

tony quidtana posted:

lol me too

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Arc Hammer posted:

He should be worried about Iwasa, however it’s still early.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

tony quidtana posted:

Sunk Dunk posted:

lol me too

mods!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

tony quidtana posted:

i will put wooden spoons in there. i dont loving care . cutting board.. goes in.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Just buy the Victorinox or Mercer knives that line cooks and chefs use. They're made of good steel and can hold an edge pretty well, can take a beating, and are pretty cheap.

https://www.amazon.ca/Mercer-Culinary-8-Inch-Chefs-Knife/dp/B000PS2XI4?th=1
It's $28 and will work just as well as a $300 damascus japanese santoku knife that you both don't need or know how to use.

God drat nerds out here making every stupid thing a precious hobby to lord over other people.

I also put everything in the dishwasher. My dishwasher has a knife holder.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Frond posted:

He should be worried about Iwasa, however it’s still early.

I'd be down for an honour duel between Tsunoda and Iwasa.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Charles Leclerc posted:

:downsbravo: and :downs: are still emotes and christ, there are probably more. If the rules were clear it would be one thing, but it's like a bunch of autists trying to navigate contextual social cues whilst loving a door knob. Nobody is advocating for child abuse for gently caress's sake.
'Don't use the R word' is a hard and clear rule you should know as it features in every other post of your rap sheet. This isn't something that should be hard to discern. I've brought up many times that it's only banned because it was the one and only ableist slur from victorian England that got a movement behind it so the rest pass by default. Everyone knows if you applied the same logic to the rest of language you'd have to ban insulting people in general but that isn't a conversation anyone wants to actually have so just don't use the one specific no-no word.
Just pick another favoured term from victorian medicine and move on!

On the other hand "trauma is funny and a joke actually, if it happens to someone I don't like" is a take that any functional adult should know to be a bad move™ and just don't do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

gently caress me :xd: