Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Trying to impress your high-school buddies when you're 25 🙄

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
“I need a giant truck because I need to get 9 MPG in order to own libs!”

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I think it's much more narcissistic than that

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Depends on location. In Ohio, that truck's got a giant WE THE PEOPLE MAH GUNZ decal across the back window.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Here (Florida) it's primarily just a status symbol. Trucks have replaced BMWs in that regard.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Hold on babe, gotta flex on em!

*drives over parking blocks outside the Publix shaking loose my 3" to 12" flared exhaust tip*

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'm glad we don't have giant gently caress off lifted truck bros in the UK generally

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cars are too big and visibility too lovely. We should tax cars based on outward visibility.

And cameras shouldn't count.

Speaking of cameras...

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1644007065138917377?t=ZUwF3ARiFiZ1_J3bmvj7vQ&s=19

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yeah and apparently one of the owners of the company doesn't like this woman at all and is ready to fire her rear end.

She got the shinny new truck tho, that's the important thing for likes and whatnot

I mean, I wouldn’t trust someone who did that to make good decisions at work, either.

fridge corn posted:

I'm glad we don't have giant gently caress off lifted truck bros in the UK generally

You got chavs, though, but yeah, at least they don’t drive tanks that can flatten a fair number of other vehicles. We’ve got a friggin size war over here. Even if you want to drive a small car, it’s scary to do so.

I’m on board with taxing vehicles based on GVW. We do that, but not until you get above medium duty truck. It needs to start at small car and go up.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Dagen H posted:

Depends on location. In Ohio, that truck's got a giant WE THE PEOPLE MAH GUNZ decal across the back window.

Same in the west. Especially the southwest.

Darchangel posted:

I’m on board with taxing vehicles based on GVW. We do that, but not until you get above medium duty truck. It needs to start at small car and go up.

CA does on trucks. All trucks. It's a tax on one of the following curb weight | gvwr | gcvwr. The commercial poo poo usually runs under gvwr/gcvwr tax rules.
I pay an extra ~2-300/yr in reg per on my two trucks.

Edit: Relevant.

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/d/las-vegas-2000-f350-superduty-project/7605551094.html

album of a few photos:
https://imgur.com/a/qMTRb4p

Notes: huge wheels, huge lift. bluetooth front drive, 300k-mi, king raunch seats with visible foam. the '11-16 front ends don't exactly bolt onto the '99-07 without a bunch of jank like in the engine bay shot with the square tube where the hood latch would go.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 6, 2023

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i'd love to see that thing set on fire

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Scratch Monkey posted:

“I need a giant truck because I need to get 9 MPG in order to own libs!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04cwo850t3o

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

If I'm reading that correctly, it's front-wheel drive?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

NoWake posted:

If I'm reading that correctly, it's front-wheel drive?

No, they stuck a Dana 60 front diff on it for looks. Swapping in a 4WD transmission is expensive but you can find a front diff at a pull a part place and you're perfectly set up to brotruck through Las Vegas.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

orange juche posted:

No, they stuck a Dana 60 front diff on it for looks. Swapping in a 4WD transmission is expensive but you can find a front diff at a pull a part place and you're perfectly set up to brotruck through Las Vegas.

Yup. The 4R100 has to have its entire guts spilled out to replace the output shaft for the 4wd variant.
(it's actually not hard to do but you know...)

Just sticking a pumpkin under there with a bluetooth driveshaft is the broest of bro

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

cursedshitbox posted:

a bluetooth driveshaft

I'm sorry, a loving what now?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I'm sorry, a loving what now?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

I always thought the term was appropriate but I didn't realize that they've actually embraced it. :laffo:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Post/username combo

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

oh, I thought it was like a dummy driveshaft that you got it to spin by using some app on your phone

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I always thought the term was appropriate but I didn't realize that they've actually embraced it. :laffo:

Honestly kinda love it, it shows a level of self awareness that is typically missing from those running Bluetooth driveshafts.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Sorry whats going on here i still don't get it

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Can I get this as a sixer please? This bluetooth drive thing is the absolute worst thing I've ever heard of here and that's saying something.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Throatwarbler posted:

There’s a front diff but no driveshaft or transfer case. The truck is still RWD.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

the truck is lifted so high you have to disconnect the front axle

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Is it 5.0 compatible? :v:

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Imperador do Brasil posted:

There’s a front diff but no driveshaft or transfer case. The truck is still RWD.

ethanol posted:

the truck is lifted so high you have to disconnect the front axle

Here I was thinking brotrucking trucking couldn't get lamer than the Carolina squat.

Unless the rear end gets so low you have to disconnect the rear and make a FWD squat truck....

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

For the same result, chrome truckNutz would be cheaper & a lot easier to install.

Do they make bluetooth truckNutz?

Am I pissing off the ghost of King Harald?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I mean geesus, I get different strokes for different folks...but I cannot wrap my head around this one.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Someone likes the look of an AWD truck but not the look of a driveshaft to the front diff? :shrug:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

oh, I thought it was like a dummy driveshaft that you got it to spin by using some app on your phone

You go and patent that

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Rigged Death Trap posted:

You go and patent that

don't tempt me, my moral resolve at not taking advantage of morons is at an all time low

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

LOL reminds me of a story my wife recently told me. One of her employees just bought went into debt for a new $60k truck and now wants overtime so she can afford to make the payments, people are loving stupid.

My wife told her not my problem, you shouldn't have bought a $60k truck :v:

Your wife doesn't own a dangerous theme park, does she?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

You can definitely find stuff like that in a, uh, adult novelty store.

Usually does more than just spin.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Scratch Monkey posted:

Someone likes the look of an AWD truck but not the look of a driveshaft to the front diff? :shrug:

On the lifts you do on those trucks, it's the easiest ways to make the suspension work. It's already strong enough to take the weight, got mounting points, there's plenty of off the shelf components to give it steering etc and also a good place to mount up any custom mods.

It looks absolutly stupid, those huge lifts are are extremely stupid but if you are stupid enough to do it..... it does make sense. It's not like any of those SEMA crap is going offroad anyway

Let alone most SEMA crap doesnt run at all

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

I kinda wonder if you could do an electric motor there and...

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
A motor on each axle would eliminate the driveshaft-angle conundrum that started this whole fiasco

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

honda whisperer posted:

Countdown to bluetooth axles now, somebody is bound to actually do it

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

honda whisperer posted:

Put some real big boy poo poo under there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Countdown to bluetooth axles now, somebody is bound to actually do it

Gonna need a really good connection to handle the torque.