Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

Congrats mz! When my second was born I knew having a newborn and a toddler would be difficult, but what took me by surprise was that the toddler was the harder part.

That's the warning we keep getting from other parents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Gamera is cool but we know that MZ already named the bouncing baby boy Martin, the most subtle Romero tribute he could sneak past the missus.

[Edit: That makes his name Martin Zombie, which is Rob Zombie's accountant brother]

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Gamera is cool but we know that MZ already named the bouncing baby boy Martin, the most subtle Romero tribute he could sneak past the missus.

I actually did pitch Martin and her response was "what loving movie was that?"

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

:golfclap:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

MacheteZombie posted:

1955's best picture winner Marty, of course.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

[Edit: That makes his name Martin Zombie, which is Rob Zombie's accountant brother]

Name him Spider One Zombie, in homage to Rob Zombie’s real brother.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsV500W4BHU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

"Okay Martin, go get your sister Barbara."

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Now we're cooking

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Congrats on the sex, MZ.

Oh and the baby too.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

josh04 posted:

1955's best picture winner Marty, of course.

This is the first time I've heard someone reference Marty in years, and it's important that the thread know it's a VERY good movie and you should watch it if you haven't.

Baron von Eevl posted:

"Okay Martin, go get your sister Barbara."

:hmmyes:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
She let me get away with naming our first Ripley

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

FreudianSlippers posted:

I really need to watch the Last Duel not only because the historical basis is really interesting but because what if Rashomon meets the Duelists is a great concept.

One of my many many half finished movie scripts is The Duelists meets Seven Samurai except set in 900s Iceland where bandits and berserkers were extorting farmers by challenging them to duels or forcing them to pay a price to avoid it. So in my version the farmers hire a former Varangian to be their proxy in all duels until the main bandit turns out to he his former colleague and lover who left the Byzantine court after a failed coup.

That sounds bloody awesome. Did you want to direct it?

MacheteZombie posted:

That's loving dope.

Some personal news: MZ welcomed MZ2 into the world on 4/4. He's a healthy boy of 9lbs.

I now have 2 kids and less time lol

Mazel tov!

Gatts posted:

Congrats on the sex, MZ.

Oh and the baby too.

Could have been IVF.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
Cool people having babies is very Cool and Good.

MacheteZombie posted:

lol

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

therattle posted:

That sounds bloody awesome. Did you want to direct it?

Not necessarily. I mean if I ever finish it and no one else wants to I'd be up but it's not one of my projects where I feel like I'd 100% need to direct to get the vision right. Mostly because it has a lot of action and I'd rather someone more experienced and confident with fight scenes handle that.

I probably have the treatment somewhere but it's all in Icelandic. As is the half finished rough draft but after seeing The Northman I think this could work in English and still feel convincing.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

I had the exact same thing going on when my kid was born, only with comic books. No "Clark," no "Bruce," no "Logan," etc., and I agreed. Finally I suggested a first/middle-name combo that she liked. We were in the hospital the day he was born and a friend asked his full name. I told this friend and immediately she said, "Oh, so kind of like Superman!" and my wife just gave me the biggest "you son of a bitch" look.

Congratulations!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I'm sure caleb elton will make his mother proud one day

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Karl L

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Splint Chesthair posted:

I had the exact same thing going on when my kid was born, only with comic books. No "Clark," no "Bruce," no "Logan," etc., and I agreed. Finally I suggested a first/middle-name combo that she liked. We were in the hospital the day he was born and a friend asked his full name. I told this friend and immediately she said, "Oh, so kind of like Superman!" and my wife just gave me the biggest "you son of a bitch" look.

Congratulations!

I knew someone whose father was obsessed with X-Men. His mom nixed "Scott" as naming him after Cyclops but somehow "Logan" got by her. "I think it's traditionally a Canadian name."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I've known Logans that I don't think were named after Wolverine, but Scott is a way more normal name.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MacheteZombie posted:

She let me get away with naming our first Ripley

good lord

Congratulations!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Air Skwirl posted:

I've known Logans that I don't think were named after Wolverine, but Scott is a way more normal name.

Sure, but this was explicitly an X-Men fan trying to name his children after X-Men characters. "Martin" is also a common name for people who are not aware of Romero's movie, but I don't think that's why Machete Zombie was suggesting it.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Congrats on number 2 MZ! I had my second kid last year and the trickiest part for me was remembering all the baby care stuff my brain had deleted as soon as I didn't have to do it anymore as the first kid got older.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Congratulations MZ!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
9, 10
Never sleep again
again

Congrats!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

FreudianSlippers posted:

Congrats on creating second life.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Congrats on forcing another being to exist.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

MacheteZombie posted:

That's loving dope.

Some personal news: MZ welcomed MZ2 into the world on 4/4. He's a healthy boy of 9lbs.

I now have 2 kids and less time lol

Congrats I had my own in the summer. Hoping one day I’ll go to the theater again, but I did watch a lot on streaming in those early sleepless months.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
Bill Butler, DP for Jaws and Rocky II-IV (among others), has passed away at the age of 101.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Protestors in France set fire to Macron's favourite restaurant yesterday.

That's what I call precision activism.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
What are some good/great Easter movies?

So far all I have is:

The Last Temptation of Christ
The Long Good Friday
Alien Covenant

There's gotta be more but I'm drawing a blank

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gaius Marius posted:

AIR is necessary. It needs to succeed so we get more mid budget movies for adults focusing on actual real poo poo instead of nostalgia bait and superhero garbage sucking up ninety percent of the oxygen in theatres.

I want a return to the world where something like Moneyball can get green lit and succeed commercially

You think a movie about Air Jordans isn't nostalgia bait?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Blood Boils posted:

So far all I have is:

The Long Good Friday
Alien Covenant

Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Blood Boils posted:

So far all I have is:

The Long Good Friday
Alien Covenant

my man have you seen your avatar

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Critters 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsIWTm8kOGY

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Blood Boils posted:

So far all I have is:

The Long Good Friday
Alien Covenant

The Gospel According to St. Matthew

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Blood Boils posted:

So far all I have is:

The Long Good Friday
Alien Covenant

Night of the Lepus
Assassin 33 A.D.
The Ten Commandments (Passover but it counts imo)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Got back from the new Mario movie. Loved it. So many easter eggs and new arrangements from Koji Kondo. The perfect introductory movie for what I assume will become some behemoth, MCU-style universe.

Though I still can't get enough the voice modulated Jack Black performance as Bowser that sounded eerily like Stacy Keach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn4T9JrConU

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Gripweed posted:

You think a movie about Air Jordans isn't nostalgia bait?

Yes, bringing back the Air Jordans from Sneaker Wars: A New Dope is clearly pandering to our nostalgia for the original trilogy.

Nike might be yet another lovely multinational that exploits third world countries, but it doesn't mean that the story of how they became a massive cultural phenomenon isn't going to be an interesting premise for a movie.

Not saying it will, but Affleck has enough wins as a director to not write it off without seeing it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I look forward to Affleck and Damon ending up in a Laika movie.

Baron von Eevl posted:

I knew someone whose father was obsessed with X-Men. His mom nixed "Scott" as naming him after Cyclops but somehow "Logan" got by her. "I think it's traditionally a Canadian name."

I have a friend with the name Maradona despite being a Malay with not a bit of Latino/Spanish in him, not even Filipino. Unsurprisingly we were both born in 1986.

I wonder how many Michael Jordans were born in the 90s.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Blood Boils posted:

So far all I have is:

The Long Good Friday
Alien Covenant

The Long Good Friday is sooooo good.

I’ll second The Gospel According to St. Matthew and throw in Mothra vs. Godzilla