Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

ianmacdo posted:

Its the tone deafness that gets me. Like when they report about China killing one of their billionaires. Like that's a bad thing that anyone should feel bad about? Its just crazy and tone deaf.

our entire society and economy is designed to produce, protect, enrich, and flatter billionaires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

CODChimera posted:

Who would possibly leak that info and why?

Anyone interested in ending the war, I guess. Continuing support when the situation is that bad and now there's proof, you would for all intents and purposes have to call a press conference and state that the policy is to fight to the last Ukrainian. It's no longer a winnable war, based on what's on the page.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

bedpan posted:

our entire society and economy is designed to produce, protect, enrich, and flatter billionaires

its their society, they own it. why shouldn't it exist to service them?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1644067451444019200?s=20

quote:

RT reports from T-80 tank on Donbass frontline

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Frosted Flake posted:

I believe Australia had the same deal.

If push comes to shove we can always deploy Army Reserve artillerymen and their mortars from WW2 :v:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Delta-Wye posted:

the op thickens

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Or a hawk, pushing for direct NATO intervention to salvage the situation, or like Yom Kippur levels of aid to replenish the UAF.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Man, and I was worried there was going to be nothing to talk about for the next month.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
oh my god lol

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

CODChimera posted:

Suppose your in one of those formations and don't want to go?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

you would for all intents and purposes have to call a press conference and state that the policy is to fight to the last Ukrainian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJvXqtYdJqk&t=107s

:yikes:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Russia-linked deaths since the start of 2022

DOZENS of people in the Kremlin's orbit have died since the start of 2022 - how many of them have been killed by Vlad and his cronies?

Leonid Shulman - January 30 - Gas boss - Found dead in his bathroom with suicide note

Igor Nosov - February 8 - Former governor - Died after suffering an apparent stroke in Moscow

Mikhail Watford - February 28 - Businessman - Found dead at his home in Surrey, UK - no evidence of crime found by cops

Alexander Tyulakov - February 25 - Gas boss - Found dead in his garage in suspected suicide in St Petersburg

Vasily Melnikov - March 23 - Medical firm boss - Stabbed to death along with his family in 'murder-suicide' in Nizhny Novgorod

Vladislav Avayev - April 18 - Gas boss - Found dead with gun in his hand alongside wife and daughter in Moscow

Sergei Protosenya - April 19 - Gas boss - Found hanged alongside his wife and daughter who died of axe wounds at villa in Lloret de Mar, Spain

Andrei Krukovsky - May 2 - Gas boss - Fell down a cliff to his death in Sochi

Alexander Subbotin - May 8 - Oil boss - Died of 'drug induced heart attack' during shamanic ritual in Moscow

Dmitry Kovtun - June 4 - Ex-KGB agent linked to Litvinenko murder - Died in hospital from Covid in Moscow

Toma Waynesky - June 18th - Billionaire linked to Russian political opposition - shot by a mugger after seeing Top Gun: Maverick in Moscow

Marta Waynesky - June 18th - Philanthropist married to Toma Waynesky - also shot by a mugger in the same incident

Dr Dmitry Kolker - July 2 - Laser scientist - Dies after being arrested for treason and being flown to Moscow

Yuri Voronov - July 4 - Shipping chief - Shot dead in swimming pool in Leningrad

Dan Rapoport - August 14 - Investor & Putin critic - Died after falling from a 9-story high rise in Washington DC

Darya Dugina - August 20 - Daughter of 'Putin's Rasputin' - Died in car bombing in Moscow

Ravil Maganov - September 1 - Oil oligarch & Putin critic - Falls from balcony while smoking in 'suicide'

Ivan Pechorin - September 10 - Gas boss - Found floating in the sea near Vladivostok

Vladimir Sungorkin - September 14 - Editor of Putin's 'favourite newspaper' - Suddenly suffered stroke while on lunch and died in Khabarovsk

Anatoly Gerashchenko - September 21 - Aviation boss - Falls down "several" flights of stars and dies

Pavel Pchelnikov - September 28 - Railway exec - Found shot dead on his balcony in Moscow

Nikolay Petrunin - October 12 - Politician - Died from complications of Covid

Nikolai Mushegian - October 28 - Crypto boss - Drowned in swimming pool in Puerto Rico, US

Viktor Cherkesov - November 8 - Putin's spy mentor - Dies after 'serious illness' in St Petersburg

Colonel Vadim Boyko - November 16 - Ukraine war mobilisation chief - Death ruled suicide despite being shot five times in Vladivostok

Vyacheslav Taran - November 25 - Crypto billionaire - Killed in helicopter crash in clear weather near Monaco

Vladimir Makei - November 26 - Belarusian foreign minister - Death ruled suicide by Minsk officials

Grigory Kochenov - December 7 - Tech boss - Fell to his death as police searched his flat in Nizhny Novgorod

Dmitriy Zelenov - December 9 - Real estate tycoon - Dies after hitting his head after falling down stairs in Antibes, France

Vladimir Budanov - December 22 - 'Companion' of Pavel Antov - Found dead in his hotel room in Odisha, India -

Pavel Antov - December 24 - Politician and businessman - Found dead in a pool of blood at his hotel just days after his friend Bidenov

Alexander Buzakov - December 24 - Shipyard chief - Died after attending unveiling a new submarine - no cause of death

General Alexei Maslov - December 25 - Tank firm boss - Suddenly fell ill and dies after Putin cancelled visit to factory in Uralvagonzavod

Vladimir Nesterov - December 28 - Disgraced rocket engineer - Cause of death undisclosed in Russia

Magomed Abdulayev - January 6 - Former regional leader - Mown down by car in Makhachkala

Dmitry Pawochka - January 26 - Space boss - Burned alive in his apartment in Moscow

Major General Vladimir Makarov - February 14 - Police chief - Found shot dead in 'suicide' at his apartment in Moscow

Marina Yankina - February 16 - Defence official - Found dead after falling from window of 16-storey high rise in St Petersburg

Viatcheslav Rovneiko - February 22 - Oil boss - Found unconcious at his home in Moscow

Andrey Botikov - March 3 - Sputnik V scientist - Strangled to death at his home in MoscowSergey Grishin - March 6 - 'Scarface' oligarch - Dies in hospital of sepsis in Moscow

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hahahaha, I mean hey, good for Ukraine if those plans are real and got leaked, I guess. Gives them a chance to rethink things.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Some Guy TT posted:

Vladislav Avayev - April 18 - Gas boss - Found dead with gun in his hand alongside wife and daughter in Moscow

god drat that dude's hand must be gigantic

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
step 1: release fake plans
step 2: plant fake nytimes story
step 3: ?????

idk why yall think for a half second anything in the nytimes is legit

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I cannot comprehend why those plans would only be secret. it makes me wonder if this is a deliberate leak of misinformation. but then, if you were making it up, you would definitely say top secret. also arguing against it being a deliberate leak: it undermines a lot of the narratives about Ukrainians mowing down endless waves of Untermenschen, and maintaining those narratives is the most important tactical consideration for the west.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Best Friends posted:

I cannot comprehend why those plans would only be secret. it makes me wonder if this is a deliberate leak of misinformation. but then, if you were making it up, you would definitely say top secret. also arguing against it being a deliberate leak: it undermines a lot of the narratives about Ukrainians mowing down endless waves of Untermenschen, and maintaining those narratives is the most important tactical consideration for the west.

That’s what I was saying. Like the meteorology stuff maybe but one of those listed sorties by NATO aircraft in the next 24 hr which the White House is confirming was accurate.

Somebody fumbled hard.

Maybe someone was bitching on a Ukrainian discord or telegram and it was leaked from there?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
anyone checked the warthunder forums

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
posting for clout gone too far.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

came here to post this but lol at the NYT being the ones to confirm it

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Wasn’t there allegedly a lot of disagreement between Ukrainian Army Staff and the President’s Office before?

It would not be unreasonable if someone saw the plan for the total destruction of their army and thought maybe the public freaking out plus western backers getting cold feet might cause Zelensky to back down?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Frosted Flake posted:

Last throw of the dice, death ride, and then the 3 textbook examples of the same, apparently about to be joined by a fourth.

Michael (March 1918), Watch on the Rhine (The Battle of the Bulge, Dec 1944), Spring Awakening (March 1945).

Citino says they all represent a particular pathology, which he suggests NATO unwittingly absorbed postwar.

ah yes, of course. how silly of me :blush:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lollontee posted:

ah yes, of course. how silly of me :blush:

Obviously the Ukrainian General staff is familiar with it too, down to the timing - 2/3 were in March.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

lmao

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Best Friends posted:

Not my field, but I guess the level of secrecy can't be higher than what the people who need to read the documents are allowed to see?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Delta-Wye posted:

step 1: release fake plans
step 2: plant fake nytimes story
step 3: ?????

idk why yall think for a half second anything in the nytimes is legit

The 11th dimensional chess move of saying the ukranian army is doing great mowing down orcs and then leaking that actually ukraine is suffering like 5 KiA for every russian despite outnumbering them and providing them all this equipment

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

genericnick posted:

Not my field, but I guess the level of secrecy can't be higher than what the people who need to read the documents are allowed to see?

Right. Need To Know.

But anyone who would see and handle this really ought to, unless lol it’s because the Ukrainians on the distribution list would not be eligible for TS, like if they had financial assets in foreign countries, gambling debts, money problems, etc.

A Canadian Colonel’s TS was unquestionable but did we want to share the same level of information with his ANA counterpart? If you treat him as holding a Secret, then at least some of the company jewels are safe.

Just spitballing

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

the tank has a hat

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

HiroProtagonist posted:

came here to post this but lol at the NYT being the ones to confirm it

it turns out after using the ss minnow to plant the charges on the nordstream, gilligan took some cell phone pics of the nato plans and accidently uploaded them to telegram

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

This is much funnier than the Pentagon Papers and makes their attacks on Hersh a bit funnier too

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

a Letzter Würfelwurf, a Todesfahrt. Michael, Watch am Rhein, Unternehmen Frühlingserwachen

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
the spring awakening operation ran into a herd of SU-100s.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The 11th dimensional chess move of saying the ukranian army is doing great mowing down orcs and then leaking that actually ukraine is suffering like 5 KiA for every russian despite outnumbering them and providing them all this equipment

if they are intended to confuse the russians, the plans aren't for domestic consumption. if the russians need to buy into it, they need to see believable plans, right? they would know better if the plans were drafted by the ISW's fiction writers.

for the domestic audience, you plant a bunch of idk, similar looking edits to muddy the waters? like this, perhaps?

they don't have be believable themselves, they just have to add noise

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
im bothered that the top one shows ground vehicles lost for russia, but bottom one shows sams lost for ukraine

bro thats not how you do comparisons, did the intern at isw make this slide wtf

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cue the yakety sax music.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

CODChimera posted:

Some Ukrainian commander trying to get the offensive canceled cuz his son is on a front line unit and he knows it's gonna be a blood bath that doesn't achieve anything besides fertilize some fields would be the Tom Clancy novel plot so I'll say that.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
the number of traitors and saboteurs seems to be getting outta control

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

oh it easter again happy easter putin :3:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I guess it’s nice to finally get some of the “real” numbers that behind the scenes people see