Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

there will be meltdowns when this game comes out regardless of what the game is like.
there are still meltdowns about the first one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
I am 85% sure Zelda will be playable. She won't have Goddess powers or anything (at first!) but I'm sure that will occur at some point, too.
I am 75% sure Gannondorf is not the Big Bad but a red herring. I doubt greatly you'll be able to play as him, but a redemption arc would be awesome.
I am 50% sure the Tri-Force will actually matter in the story and that Link, Zelda, and Gannondorf will have to unite to defeat the actual Big Bad and/or invoke Hylia to intervene.

I have spoken.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Zelda’s dead

Spellman
May 31, 2011

A mysterious never before seen villain named Zantandorf has taken over the land all on his lonesome

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

the cowards at nintendo should bring back Midna

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

goethe.cx posted:

good news: midna is back

and also dead

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

goethe.cx posted:

Midna was great, definitely the best companion character they've done.

But if there was one thing I could wish for to return in a game, it'd be having a whole menu of masks to wear, changing your abilities in big or small ways. That could lead to some really neat stuff in a more open traversal-based setting.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm gonna meltdown right now

I WANT THE GADDANG GAME NINTENDO HURRY UP :qq:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Nybble posted:

...but this would not be.

we all stan finny here you best watch your step

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

I'm gonna meltdown right now

I WANT THE GADDANG GAME NINTENDO HURRY UP :qq:

Only 6 more days!!! Until just 1 away

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Surprise playable Zelda is my big hope, but on the other hand, hope is the first step to disappointment so I am trying to keep that in check.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
cant wait for the real surprise: playable tingle

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Jet Jaguar posted:

Toon Link and Linkle adventure WHEN?

Was Linkle even in the second Hyrule Warriors? Feels like a miss if not.

According to a tier list I watched, she is not.

Honestly, I'm genuinely curious as to why they bothered creating her in the first place.
She uses two crossbows ffs, she could be cool af, like a Demon Hunter from Diablo 3.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Linkle exists because of random concept art for a cut "Link's little sister" type character for the original Wii U Hyrule Warriors. They ended up adding her for, iirc, the 3DS version and then the Switch version with a different backstory because folks liked the design.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Blaziken386 posted:

a big part of the fun in my first playthrough was finding the memories by looking at landmarks alone and doing my best to triangulate - i didn't know the painter guy was a THING until my 2nd. Having to navigate purely based on what you can see is fun!

The who now? Also, put me down as someone who would be pleasantly surprised if Zelda (or Linkle) was a playable character, but thinks it has zero actual chance of being the case in reality. I think Nintendo are safe enough with their big, established properties at this point they'll never not make the existing big bad of most of the past games the big bad of future games. I'm honestly surprised Ripley wasn't the boss of Metroid: Dread, and put that down to second party developers of a smaller (or less scrutinized) title by virtue of it being 2D, rather than Nintendo doing it directly.

tsob fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Apr 7, 2023

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

tsob posted:

The who now? Also, put me down as someone who would be pleasantly surprised if Zelda (or Linkle) was a playable character, but thinks it has zero actual chance of being the case in reality. I think Nintendo are safe enough with their big, established properties at this point they'll never not make the existing big bad of most of the past games the big bad of future games. I'm honestly surprised Ripley wasn't the boss of Metroid: Dread, and put that down to second party developers of a smaller (or less scrutinized) title by virtue of it being 2D, rather than Nintendo doing it directly.

Ridley was already the final boss of the same team's previous outing in Samus Returns, where they decided to throw him in at the end of a game that didn't already have him in it. But also, Ridley doesn't really scream Big Bad. Just more of a recurring pain-in-the-rear end.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Ridley is usually not the final boss of Metroid games

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

tsob posted:

The who now?

There's a painter who travels around to different stables and gives you hints on where the memories are. He'll show up at stables in the general area of a specific memory and give you more detail on where to find the place when you talk to him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Augus posted:

Zelda’s dead

This only make her chances of being playable more likely!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

they said Ripley, not Ridley

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

VibrantPareidolia posted:

There's a painter who travels around to different stables and gives you hints on where the memories are. He'll show up at stables in the general area of a specific memory and give you more detail on where to find the place when you talk to him.

Also his paintings are real childish. They're great.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
There's a fun little online Breath of the Wild quiz you can do on your phone right now, with two more sessions over the weekend.
Pretty fast to do, they give you 30 questions to answer in 30 minutes, with a bonus for how fast you answer.

https://twitter.com/ZeldaOfficialJP/status/1644309400138698752?s=20

Peachy Nietzsche
Jul 26, 2007

This thread's like staring into the void.
My unsubstantiated theory is that Link and Zelda get merged during that big cutscene under Hyrule castle.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Zelda is Links new arm like that bionic commando game on Xbox 360

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Calling it now, Zelda "dies" at the end by undergoing apotheosis and returning to the Golden Realm as the goddess Hylia, essentially reversing Hylia incarnating as the mortal Zelda back in Skyward Sword. It's gonna be pretty bittersweet

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Flint_Paper posted:

Also his paintings are real childish. They're great.
I remember reading a post talking about him where it mentioned that yeah, all his paintings are super terrible, but when you talk to him he knows a LOT of information about whatever area he's in, and they speculated that he's a ninja spy pretending to be a painter, badly.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/aquatic_ambi/status/1644174283416178690?s=20

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

My theory is that she falls off that cliff in the cave scene, and while she doesn't die from that, everyone assumes she did - hence the kingdom's tears. Either you do get to play as Zelda and you have to use the Sheikah Slate to battle your way out of the cave, or one of the later dungeons will have Link go down into the underground and rescue her.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Can't wait to be playing this game in five weeks.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Master modes kind of fun. I like that the floating platforms are more like goodie bags than actual threats. Got the sword so guardians are minimal threats. Working up the rupee pile so I can get the guardian set fully upgraded. Then maybe I can take on lynels for the barbarian set. Feels more like late game normal now with silver enemies everywhere. Most of which I just avoid.

No beasts yet but soon. Probably gonna do thunderblight first because screw that one.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Just Andi Now posted:

Linkle exists because horny

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Are tweets not embedding anymore or something? I even turned off Ublock and it still doesn't work.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

LividLiquid posted:

Are tweets not embedding anymore or something? I even turned off Ublock and it still doesn't work.

Firefox has a bug that doesn’t show embedded tweets. I think somebody posted a fix a while back

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

They're working on my end through the Awful app.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Firefox has a bug that doesn’t show embedded tweets. I think somebody posted a fix a while back
Huh. Firefox loads them fine. I use Edge.

In Linux, weirdly enough. Anyway, thanks. Whatever it is must be on my end.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

One could argue everyone earth exists for the same reason

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
My uncle works at nintendo and you play as the kid from outset island with the giant snot bubble.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Dr. Stab posted:

My uncle works at nintendo and you play as the kid from outset island with the giant snot bubble.

He's a bubble boy!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Khanstant posted:

He's a bubble boy!!

It's moops!