Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Poly working lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

smellmycheese posted:

Amazingly - having to work multiple jobs just to survive doesn’t make people happy?!??!? Who could have guessed?

"Polyworking" - love new terms for "we don't pay our staff enough or give enough working hours", framing it as a hip new trend.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

remember when people would use the phrase "working two jobs" to describe backbreaking poverty

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm a polywork wonk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5qQ4sP4Ans

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/jamesdoleman/status/1644036013013241856?t=B1XPu6e66FrQUsEo89Oy8Q&s=19

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
If legal costs are too high, just do things illegally, lol this isn't hard.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
You misunderstand the purpose of The Sun.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If they stopped doing things illegally their legal costs would probably be lower, but they just can't stop themselves from bribing dodgy coppers and intercepting mail and taking photos up schoolgirl's skirts.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

smellmycheese posted:

Amazingly - having to work multiple jobs just to survive doesn’t make people happy?!??!? Who could have guessed?

Ah yes, noted creative outlets like stacking shelves, working in a call centre or pulling pints in 'Spoons

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Complaining about legal costs of the Sun is like complaining about the cost of bullets in the gun you use to kill people. Cost of doing business boys.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

forkboy84 posted:

Ah yes, noted creative outlets like stacking shelves, working in a call centre or pulling pints in 'Spoons
I think they mean that you can doomscroll while making GBS threads in an exciting variety of cubicles.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Nothing new.
They paid twice as much just for the phone hacking scandals that were still ongoing upto 2020.
News Corp claimed The Sun was worth zero pounds a few years ago, and stopped giving circulation numbers as they are dying.
Its been dead for a few years now and hasn't just been culled to save costs.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Media exists as propaganda for a particular class and especially news media lol, it doesn't directly make money nor is it supposed to. It may get handed off between particular owners when they individually can't or won't provide that collective protection and can die when it's heavily associated with a section of a class which no longer has enough power or money to sustain itself but that's very different.

Hey where did all the trade union and Labour papers go?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

It’s 3 years to the day since Captain Sir Lord Tom of our Wallets was forced by his family to walk around his garden. This ultimately led to him being killed by Cliff Richard and Russ Abbott in Barbados. RIP King xx

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/breadandposes/status/1644129302215024640

He simply cannot stop directly implicating himself in this country's love/hate relationship with noncing.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

sinky posted:

Guardian writers fear for jobs as ChatGPT capable of churning out 10,000 liberal melt and transphobic articles per second.

x

Have to lol at anyone who expects anything ChatGPT outputs to mean a loving thing.
I asked bullshit.exe a question and was shocked to find it was fake.

I've been trying to get ChatGPT to come up with new jokes but it seems literally impossible to get it to not repeat ones it comes up with already, it could probably come up with 10k differently worded articles around the same subject but I doubt the current generation of AI would be a suitable replacement

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

All you Barge-Haters can do one

https://twitter.com/leeandersonmp_/status/1644062660621750303?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Did we miss the memo from Woke HQ to hate barges?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

smellmycheese posted:

It’s 3 years to the day since Captain Sir Lord Tom of our Wallets was forced by his family to walk around his garden. This ultimately led to him being killed by Cliff Richard and Russ Abbott in Barbados. RIP King xx

https://twitter.com/Hannah_I_Moore/status/1643871310383128576

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
anyone who thinks that this is wrong needs to have a reality check.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
lmao of course that mfer paid twitter

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/UKLabour/status/1644233550449856513

:toot:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
more like 14worfs

https://twitter.com/TabitaSurge/status/1644273983452487681

e: ^^ love that they're using an old low pressure sodium streetlamp to culture war

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
all aboard the "down with sissy" bus

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I don't think 1 Worf would tolerate this kind of dishonorable conduct, let alone 7 of them

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nuclear Spoon posted:

one must imagine sissy bus happy

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Nuclear Spoon posted:

Hopping on the

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Did this once

Transphobia is quvHa'ghach

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Labour's tweet has a nice fact check. :allears:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino posted:

Labour's tweet has a nice fact check. :allears:

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

I think I purged this bit from my memory, but did they literally say to their elderly relative who just had surgery during a pandemic 'go and walk around the loving garden 100 times'? lmao

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Angepain posted:

I don't think 1 Worf would tolerate this kind of dishonorable conduct, let alone 7 of them

Klingons are canonically trans allies.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/abiwilks/status/1644020498706079947

2024 Election debates: "no ur a nonce"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Green Wing posted:

I think I purged this bit from my memory, but did they literally say to their elderly relative who just had surgery during a pandemic 'go and walk around the loving garden 100 times'? lmao

in hindsight, probably an early indicator that the family are scummy and would later go on to use the charity funds to bankroll themselves

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

voting Labour because they’re the lesser of two nonces

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Green Wing posted:

Horrible though it may seem that's what doctors say to most old people in that position, if they lie down in bed for too long they tend to die of pneumonia.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Ferrosol posted:

Klingons are canonically trans allies.

Worf did do a terrorism because he was mad about his girlfriend hanging out with her ex, to be fair (and crossed a picket line at Quark's bar! how dare he) but I would think even he has some standards

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
TERFs are without honor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Green Wing posted:

Yes. And then stuck him on a flight to Barbados at the height of Covid and killed him