Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

Ok what game has the best skeletons

Lego Island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Jay Rust posted:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Crusader: No Remorse had some impactful skeletons, if I remember correctly.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
there was that one divinity game where you could marry a skeleton princess

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Jay Rust posted:

My vote for “most iconic skeleton” is dark souls 2, the static skeleton in harvest valley who looks like he’s listening to a cliff wall

listen carefully, skeleton

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the mario movie is bad but in that really frustrating way where there are good parts and it could've been really good if they'd tried a bit harder

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Looper posted:

the mario movie is bad but in that really frustrating way where there are good parts and it could've been really good if they'd tried a bit harder
30 years later and it remains true, Sonic has better comics, cartoons, and movies than Mario.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Assepoester posted:

30 years later and it remains true, Sonic has better comics, cartoons, and movies than Mario.

Sega does what Nintendon't

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
unless its make a good game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sega made Jet Set Radio checkmate

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'd rather replay frontiers or mania than any recent mario game.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Mr Bones for Sega Saturn

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

yo what up it's me again here to say wild hearts is still good and the new flower fox monster is fun and neat!!

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

best skeletons in video games?

jack and manny

the rollercoaster tycoon skeleton is too obvious a pick

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Games evolve with the times. What was considered 'The Standard' back in the NES/Mega Drive era is different to modern sensibilities.

What hasn't changed are games taking up more and more space for Reasons
https://twitter.com/DaiIySWGames/status/1643675115752927236

Like 3/4ths of the way through Jedi Fallen Order, and really hyped for Jedi Survivor right now. Game is huge, but it will be worth it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Really not sure how I feel about The Murder of Sonic The Hedgehog devs seeing my incredibly clever joke coming and adding it to the banned names list.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
does it filter “raccoon” as well, because if so that’s probably an overly finicky slur filter

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

celebrating my victory in my victory hot tub

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Doomhell Skele from Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden is my favorite video game skeleton so far.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

true gamers will know the best skel of all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clc_ch7nago

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/SkeletonsinVGs/status/1398754093708025865

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. Other than some glitches and minor bugs / audio sync issues on xbox, it was an extremely good game and story.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Jay Rust posted:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Looks like a wild ride.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

VideoGames posted:

Looks like a wild ride.

https://youtu.be/G_8F0UhLf8M?t=4546

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Waffleman_ posted:

Sega made Jet Set Radio checkmate

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Lol, "blues guitarist" Ronnie Montrose. I'm sold.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

It really does which makes it even more inexplicable that they shoved the movie full of overly obvious pop songs

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

Looks like a wild ride.

Isn’t that what you want to be when you die?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

It really does which makes it even more inexplicable that they shoved the movie full of overly obvious pop songs

No, that's western animated movies for you

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

One of those songs is 'Holding Out For A Hero' by Bonnie Tyler though, which I chose to think of as a Saints Row 3 reference.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

No, that's western animated movies for you

I know, it’s the classic post-Dreamworks bullshit, but….in a Mario movie? With iconography that is already basically considered timeless? Why pull that poo poo? That’s a rhetorical question because I know exactly why, but it’s still loving depressing.

Redezga posted:

One of those songs is 'Holding Out For A Hero' by Bonnie Tyler though, which I chose to think of as a Saints Row 3 reference.

Lol that was the worst one tbh. He’s learning to be a hero! So it’s that popular 80s song with the word hero in it! I wanted to die.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Assepoester posted:

Clearing the lowest of bars.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the relentless "we think our audience has the attention span of a goldfish" pacing of the mario movie was the worst part but every single pop needle drop was definitely a top contender

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
however the best part was surprisingly not bowser but donkey kong

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Animated movies shouldn't use Holding Out For A Hero after Shrek 2. They won't do it better.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Waffleman_ posted:

Animated movies shouldn't use Holding Out For A Hero after Shrek 2. They won't do it better.

was about to post this.

I remember fondly my sister getting embarrassed because the giant gingerbread man's demise made her tearful. Never feel embarrassed for having feelings in a movie.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Looper posted:

the relentless "we think our audience has the attention span of a goldfish" pacing of the mario movie was the worst part but every single pop needle drop was definitely a top contender

I just got diagnosed with ADHD this week so I think I might have just realised why I am so confidently defending this movie, lol.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Boba Pearl posted:

The fact that video games got made after hideous n64 games got released is a miracle.

e: Not attacking them, but lmao

boba please drop by the stream more, you really know how to drive engagement lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Redezga posted:

I just got diagnosed with ADHD this week so I think I might have just realised why I am so confidently defending this movie, lol.

come post in the adult adhd thread with the rest of us if you like! I was 42 when I was diagnosed lmao