Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Vertical Lime posted:

gunther vs mcintyre vs sheamus 5

That was a fun match, but in what universe was it a five star match? Or is Dave just getting too excited at seeing actual decent wrestling on a WWE show again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dave grades WWE on a scale

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Cody would have beaten Roman if he had used the cross face chicken wing.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Clash at the Castle I think was the 5 star match

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Why did dave only rate the 1* miz vs snoop and not the preceding 7* classic miz vs shane

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/wrestlepurists/status/1644290850703253504?s=46

now we can yell at hunter

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Roman going over was clear as day once someone pointed out that his reign would hit 1k days at the next blood money show

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Of course it loving was this isn't news

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Now HHH's last fans are going to turn on him. this really worked out great for everyone

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Triple H does suck

but he also accepted that the greggs sausage bean and cheese melt is a banger so he's not all bad.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They’ve been shoving Roman down everyone’s throat for like a decade now. They weren’t gonna give it up to fuckin Cody Rhodes. The only person they might give it to is Brock or Cena. They’ve booked themselves into a hole but Vince doesn’t give a poo poo and neither does WWEs stupidass fan base.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

*It's late in the match and Cody Rhodes appears to be on his way to defeating Roman Reigns. As he sets up a third Cross Rhodes, time stops and a rubber chicken ominously appears before him*

Chicken: Looks like you've gotten yourself quite comfortable over here. You know what they say about good times, don't you?

Cody: Yeah... Good times never last.

Chicken: That's right. Soon your push will all be over.

Cody: I had a feeling things would catch up with me. ...Is Hunter still mad about the throne thing?

Chicken: Oh, no. This... This is much worse.

Cody: How long do I have?

Chicken: You? You don't have much time. No one does.

Cody: There's nothing I can do about it, right?

Chicken: No. By now there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Cody: Okay. No need to fight it then.

Chicken: I'm glad you understand. ...Getting buried is not as scary as it sounds.

*time resumes as Solo Sikoa hits Cody with a Samoan Spike, followed by a spear from Roman. After Cody is pinned, we see a montage of WWE talent getting released for budget cuts while "You Are The Blood" by Castanets plays*

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325606550178

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Cody losing might have always been the plan but the rubber chicken thing is taking off and that's the kind of embarrassing poo poo Vince hates and kills characters over.

Cody's push ended by the one thing he always wanted to please and could never make happy... the fans

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

lol check the username, that's absolutely Brian Cage's account

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kennel posted:

The first five for Sami, Kevin, Usos and Drew. The second for Sheamus. The sixth for Gunther (fifth in WWE making him the sole leader ahead of Gargano with four)

El Generico Kevin Steen Unsanctioned Mask vs. Career Fight Without Honor was like a five star match in my heart, though.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Meltzer's going to put Wrestlemania right up on the fridge so he can look at it everyday

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Grem posted:

Cody losing might have always been the plan but the rubber chicken thing is taking off and that's the kind of embarrassing poo poo Vince hates and kills characters over.

Cody's push ended by the one thing he always wanted to please and could never make happy... the fans

This is Cody derangement syndrome

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I'll not be satisfied until the entire crowd have rubber chickens and honk them all during the "whoaaa" of Cody's song

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

algebra testes posted:

El Generico Kevin Steen Unsanctioned Mask vs. Career Fight Without Honor was like a five star match in my heart, though.

The Steenerico Ladder War owned too.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Imagine you had the worst day of your life and then you woke up the next day and found out that, through no fault of your own, people would be throwing rubber chickens at you until the day you died

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grem posted:

:woop:

Finally, good long-term booking

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

5$ million a year to Cody to try to keep Roman over

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Has anyone done a "Cody's head at the bottom of the screen when the WWE Codyvator gets stuck, but it's a rubber chicken's head instead" Photoshop, because if not they should

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RUBBER CHICKEN
IN MY SOUL
RUBBER CHICKEN
CODY RHODES

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Cody has big dork vibes

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That's an extremely generous 4 1/2 even without the ending

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Other stuff from Dave:

Orton's nowhere near returning
Logan Paul's deal expired after Mania but he's going to stay, if he hasn't re-signed already
Vince nixed Bayley's segment on Raw. Damage CTRL is probably done
They want to bring back Christian Cage whenever he's done with AEW (unknown how long that is), Edge wants to team with him again before being done for good

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

They want to bring back Christian Cage whenever he's done with AEW (unknown how long that is), Edge wants to team with him again before being done for good

Dave has this backwards.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ole Adam is gonna have to come down to Jacksonville if he wants to make that wish come true

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Chris James 2 posted:

Want to and will be able to are two very different things. Is Christian as dumb as Cody? I certainly hope there aren't two people that dumb walking this, or any other, earth.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Christian could make a shitton of money to go do some Edge and Christian stuff in WWE, and I think AEW has gotten the peak of his value they're gonna get out of him unless they want to REALLY, REALLY, REALLY push him as a top heel, which I do think you could definitely do, but the guy is 49 and has already had a feud-derailing injury.

I dunno if Adam Copeland coming to AEW would be awesome or lame as gently caress.

Damage CTRL was literally the one and only thing HHH came up with entirely on his own, he booked it like poo poo and Vince has obviously completely killed it, honestly, for good reason. I feel so bad for Dakota and Iyo that they re-signed for that bullshit. I hope PAM! is a ghost and we can see her somewhere else.

So is Orton just, like, done, or what? He's been gone for a year and is nowhere close to returning. Seems kinda hosed.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Chris James 2 posted:

Other stuff from Dave:

Orton's nowhere near returning
Logan Paul's deal expired after Mania but he's going to stay, if he hasn't re-signed already
Vince nixed Bayley's segment on Raw. Damage CTRL is probably done

Vince refuses to die until he superimposes a blue dot over Christian’s face.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Robviously posted:

Want to and will be able to are two very different things. Is Christian as dumb as Cody? I certainly hope there aren't two people that dumb walking this, or any other, earth.

1) There are far more than 2.
2) Christian is looking at the big 5-0. If he wants to get the fat stack for a reunion tour with Edge for a year then retire I certainly won't blame him. Actually I will because gently caress WWE but I won't blame him that much.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

Christian could make a shitton of money to go do some Edge and Christian stuff in WWE, and I think AEW has gotten the peak of his value they're gonna get out of him unless they want to REALLY, REALLY, REALLY push him as a top heel, which I do think you could definitely do, but the guy is 49 and has already had a feud-derailing injury.

I dunno if Adam Copeland coming to AEW would be awesome or lame as gently caress.

Damage CTRL was literally the one and only thing HHH came up with entirely on his own, he booked it like poo poo and Vince has obviously completely killed it, honestly, for good reason. I feel so bad for Dakota and Iyo that they re-signed for that bullshit. I hope PAM! is a ghost and we can see her somewhere else.

So is Orton just, like, done, or what? He's been gone for a year and is nowhere close to returning. Seems kinda hosed.

I think Adam would be alright in tag matches. The FTR match would be good, I feel.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Vertical Lime posted:

the following wrestlemania matches got 4 or above

logan vs rollins 4.5
dominik vs rey 4
flair vs ripley 4.75
owens and zayn vs the usos 5
gunther vs mcintyre vs sheamus 5
roman vs cody 4.5

I always knew Dave rated WWE on a curve, but lol. Dominik vs Rey was fine, but Rey was clearly doing the heavy lifting in that match and I'd give it a 3.5, meanwhile the threeway was super fun and good but nothing screamed 5 stars to me, just a really good 4 star match. I'd deffo give Belair vs Asuka like a 4.5. Roman vs Cody i'd say is more 4.25 but I won't really argue with those stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

I think Adam would be alright in tag matches. The FTR match would be good, I feel.

I just wonder if he could reign in his

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZR3vHe7ON4