Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how many guilty counts at trial in december for trump?
This poll is closed.
complete and total exoneration 94 21.12%
6.9 48 10.79%
420 63 14.16%
Goku 240 53.93%
Total: 445 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

I wish I was dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

this is the amtrak from NYC to Pittsburgh. eleven hours AND a train transfer in Harrisburg to a BUS

if i wanted to get there from Vermont i would also need a seven hour amtrak ride to NYC and then have to spend the night in NYC which would be a $200+ hotel stay or sleeping in penn station

lol, beacuse it goes from NYC -> Philly, then basically southern PA the whole way to pittsburgh

i've taken it from lancaster to philly for a flyers game because it's easier than driving

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

kaleedity posted:

The mirror calls on dark forces, much like my ability to GOT YOUR NOSE

lmao

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

i know you felt obligated to respond to this like every other post that is made itt but i genuinely believe this blew your mind

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

DrPossum posted:

I wish I was dead

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

ex post facho posted:

buddykins. the mirror is not intelligent. It's just refracted light w- you know what it is intelligent. This is why you don't write in steam or blood on mirrors

we call that coherent light

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

ex post facho posted:

I should make bread but I'm feeling very lazy today

I might make some naan, it's basically bread that you cook differently and then slather with garlic butter

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

wait until you get to the picture of it, the Mennonite girls hooked me up this morning with extra cheese

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

emfive posted:

I might make some naan, it's basically bread that you cook differently and then slather with garlic butter

Uggggggh fresh naan is so good

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

tenderjerk posted:

i know you felt obligated to respond to this like every other post that is made itt but i genuinely believe this blew your mind

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Without doing any actual figuring i bet it would cost like half a trillion bucks to make 3-5 high speed rail corridors in the populated parts of the us which would be about 3% of discretionary spending over a decade

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
I finally got removed from my previous jobs slack, but I forgot to backup the recipe channel I was storing a lot of recipes in there lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I tried this and I was thinking about it and then I was like "wait how does a regular mirror work" and then I was standing in front of my mirror struggling with how a light ray bounces off the surface of my eye, then hits the mirror, and then hits my eye again, but this time I "see" it. Like is that why your pupil is black, because that light aint coming back? I mean of course it is, but...anyway I did that for a few minutes and now I'm back posting again.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

everything is stupid and dumb

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

tenderjerk posted:

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

refract me baby!

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

AxGrap posted:

Uggggggh fresh naan is so good

The Rainbow Plant Life video is the easiest one, it's just a flat blob of dough in a skillet then you turn it over. Main trick is to keep the heat under control so it stays soft, however in my experience naan customers don't care if it's a little crispy.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
let buddykins have this one.

whomsoever amongst us has jlnit been impressed by the mysterious forces of magnetism

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1644140771912867840?t=E5XGIDedBztJNtkwrQgq6g&s=19

lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

AxGrap posted:

I finally got removed from my previous jobs slack, but I forgot to backup the recipe channel I was storing a lot of recipes in there lol

time to hack the gibson

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Just look at a mirror, the light comes from the ceiling and then bounces off the white of your eye and then bounces off the mirror and then somehow misses and goes into your pupil and you see your own eye.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Salt Fish posted:

I tried this and I was thinking about it and then I was like "wait how does a regular mirror work" and then I was standing in front of my mirror struggling with how a light ray bounces off the surface of my eye, then hits the mirror, and then hits my eye again, but this time I "see" it. Like is that why your pupil is black, because that light aint coming back? I mean of course it is, but...anyway I did that for a few minutes and now I'm back posting again.

one of my favorite books is Catching the Light by Arthur Zajonc, it's short and easy to read but kind-of mind-blowing

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

shut up nerd

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Uh

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

tenderjerk posted:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Salt Fish posted:

the majority of photons that strike the retina are not
absorbed by it. this is true for virtually all materials.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

it's a parallel universe beyond the mirror

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

AxGrap posted:

Yeah I wanna take the train from Saint Paul MN to devils lake ND with the fam but def can't justify the price. I could buy 2 mid tier steam decks for that!

More like SCAMTRAK!

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

tenderjerk posted:

Lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
imagining buddykins freaking out at a mirror in the wild like one of those trailcam bears that sees one

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Spoondick posted:

green onions are easy to grow too, even in small pots on a patio or something... you can plant the root end you don't eat directly in soil and get a new green onion eventually

whoah

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I couldn't even keep a basil plant alive
I would surely fail at onions

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
https://twitter.com/Victorshi2020/status/1644089064923222019?t=Ye_COjrVl0hNfPzXd_Lowg&s=19

Hell yeah

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
welp, just hit 41 hours this week, time to log off, pour a drink, load up the pax and watch youtubes all day

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

what are you going to watch

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Plinkey posted:

welp, just hit 41 hours this week, time to log off, pour a drink, load up the pax and watch youtubes all day

Lol if you don't do this every day

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

emfive posted:

Naan is a long time favorite, if you have a good way of doing it then do your special magic please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

mdemone posted:

the majority of photons that strike the retina are not
absorbed by it. this is true for virtually all materials.

I really want to get some black flocked fabric and become an invisible night person.