Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/oryxspioenkop/status/1644057981372321805?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

jaete posted:

I guess some people just don't know what a "border" is

Guy is Russian so you'd think he has some first-hand knowledge of actual borders... maybe he thought all of EU is completely 100% borderless inside? :shrug:

To be fair, it can be difficult to even notice a border at some places in the nordic countries. In border cities like Tornio for example there isn't even a booth there anymore. I honestly wouldn't know what to do if I had something to declare, you probably just drive the stuff wherever you want and then fill the paperwork yourself online.

^ but yeah the guy fought for Wanger, he isn't the brightest bulb in IKEA.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Kill them because they are subhuman and stupid... but cunning! Yeah I think I've heard that one somewhere before.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Funny that, this just popped up here:

Propagandan: ”Såg hatet i svenska personalens ögon”
Propaganda: “saw hate in the Swedish staffs eyes”
https://www.aftonbladet.se/a/XbE9gm

(Mostly google translate, I’m lazy American pig dog imperialist)

quote:

Children are not allowed to speak Russian in Swedish preschools, according to Russian television.
Therefore, a Russian-speaking family was forced to flee Sweden, according to claims.
“I saw in the preschool teacher's eyes how much she hated Russian,” said Inita Leisavniece.

In several reports on the state-run Russian television channel Rossija-1, a Latvian family claims that they were forced to flee Sweden to Russia because their children spoke Russian in preschool.

Three false news stories about the family of three have recently been broadcast on the state-run Russian television channel Rossiya-1. The goal is obvious: for the Russian viewers to believe that the Swedes hate Russian and that Sweden is Russophobic. (TW NOTE: I only changed “fake” to “false” as that’s a more accurate term, the rest, all Aftonbladet)

With a serious look, various news anchors have told about the family who "literally were forced to flee Sweden".

In the TV report, it states that Inita Leisavniece, 27, and Rolands Gailitis, 45, lived in Sweden for ten years, where their three sons were born and grew up. But when the children spoke Russian in preschool, problems arose:
“The staff said that Russian is illegal, the children are not allowed to speak it. I saw in the preschool teacher's eyes how much she hated Russian,” says mother Inita.

At the end of January, a Swedish court would decide on the children's future, according to their father, Roland. “They said straight out that we will take the children from you and give them to another family,” he says. Then mother Inita states that she couldn't sleep or eat, and that she lost ten kilos in a week.

They decided to leave. But not to the old homeland of Latvia, "because EU laws apply there too", but to Russia. Both parents express their great gratitude at how well they have been received by the Russians.

In the TV spots, both father Roland and mother Inita speak Russian. But the children don't say a word in Russian, states the exiled Russian newspaper The Insider.

Aftonbladet has found a judgment regarding the family's children in a Swedish administrative court. The decision handed down at the end of January was that the three children should be taken into care. The reason given is not because the children speak Russian.

Nevertheless, presenter Jekaterina Andrejeva says in the news program Vremja on March 29 that "in Sweden, they think that the courts can take Russian-speaking children and give them to an unknown person" and then continuing,
“A family originally from Latvia decided that they did not want to be part of such lawlessness. That's why they fled the EU,” says Andrejeva.

In another feature with the Latvian family, it is claimed that it has become increasingly common for Russian-speaking parents to be deprived of their children in various countries in the EU area, just because the children speak Russian.

During the Vesti news program on February 12, the presenter states, “Many of our compatriots live and work in Europe. They are increasingly exposed to open Russophobia. Old Europe that claims to be so tolerant has reached a new bottom. In Sweden, a family was literally forced to flee the country. Without visas or documents, they miraculously managed to get to the border and reach Russia.”

Now, this isn’t to say that the Nordics don’t have a history of forced assimilation: they do. To this Latvian family? I’m a tich skeptical.

Sigmund Fraud
Jul 31, 2005

teen witch posted:

Funny that, this just popped up here:

Propagandan: ”Såg hatet i svenska personalens ögon”
Propaganda: “saw hate in the Swedish staffs eyes"

Förvaltningsrättens decision to take the kids was based on the parents' addiction and inability to care for the kids. It's worth mentioning that many kids get to stay with parents suffering from addiction and in most cases social services prefer to provide support to help the parents care for kids. It takes a lot for kids to be taken from their parents here.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Even if that story was true I'm still not inclined to feel bad for the poor oppressed Russian speakers finally experiencing their imperialism coming home, abloo-bloo-bloo :qq:

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

HonorableTB posted:

Even if that story was true I'm still not inclined to feel bad for the poor oppressed Russian speakers finally experiencing their imperialism coming home, abloo-bloo-bloo :qq:

its ok to feel bad

for the kids

kru
Oct 5, 2003

'In the TV report, it states that Inita Leisavniece, 27, and Rolands Gailitis, 45, lived in Sweden for ten years, where their three sons were born and grew up. But when the children spoke Russian in preschool, problems arose:
“The staff said that Russian is illegal, the children are not allowed to speak it. I saw in the preschool teacher's eyes how much she hated Russian,” says mother Inita.'

Those ages are a one way ticket to Yikers Island

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

kru posted:

'In the TV report, it states that Inita Leisavniece, 27, and Rolands Gailitis, 45, lived in Sweden for ten years, where their three sons were born and grew up. But when the children spoke Russian in preschool, problems arose:
“The staff said that Russian is illegal, the children are not allowed to speak it. I saw in the preschool teacher's eyes how much she hated Russian,” says mother Inita.'

Those ages are a one way ticket to Yikers Island

Yikesaroo

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yes, Sweden is a pretty hateful place.

Much hate and oppression coming out of Sweden.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Karate Bastard posted:

Yes, Sweden is a pretty hateful place.

Much hate and oppression coming out of Sweden.

If you had to suffer through the Basshunter DOTA era as I suffered, I am sure you would agree about the hateful and oppressive nature of the perfidious Swedes

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
bunch of beautiful mannequin people who are effortlessly polite but not nice

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Unabbashed sikeads.

And what's with this handing out peace prizes left and right anyway? These people wouldn't know peace if you shot it in their faces with a 155mm howitzer.

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 7, 2023

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Sigmund Fraud posted:

Förvaltningsrättens decision to take the kids was based on the parents' addiction and inability to care for the kids. It's worth mentioning that many kids get to stay with parents suffering from addiction and in most cases social services prefer to provide support to help the parents care for kids. It takes a lot for kids to be taken from their parents here.

Oh WOW how did I not see that! yeah holy poo poo if you get your kids yoinked from that, you’re really loving up. I knew there was a reason beyond what was stated in Aftonbladet, though I’m surprised it want mentioned. Well not that surprised, they do deserve privacy, but good lord that’s missing missing reasons.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Karate Bastard posted:

Unabbashed sikeads.

And what's with this handing out peace prizes left and right anyway? These people wouldn't know peace if you shot in their faces with a 155mm howitzer.

yeah that Nobel jerk invented dynamite then went wait wait actually i invented peace instead please remember me for that and not the boom juice

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

This is a sad situation that is being spun for propaganda and we should remember that at the end of the spin there is a real family with real trauma, and I think we can all find a place for sympathy for parent and child in situations such as the one that seems to have developed here.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Karma Comedian posted:

This is a sad situation that is being spun for propaganda and we should remember that at the end of the spin there is a real family with real trauma, and I think we can all find a place for sympathy for parent and child in situations such as the one that seems to have developed here.

The kid was going to be taken away by the Court according to the article, and from what posters have said here about what it takes for the courts to step in and remove a child something heinous likely happened, and the kid would be better off without the parent that fled with the child that was going to be taken from them back to a country where the kid will have a much lower standard of living. I feel bad for the child here; that parent seems to have been quite lovely. The article also stated that the parent went to Russia because it's not in the EU like Latvia and EU law wouldn't apply there :thunk:

quote:

Aftonbladet has found a judgment regarding the family’s children in a Swedish administrative court. The decision handed down at the end of January was that the three children should be taken into care. The reason given is not that the children speak Russian.

what the gently caress did they do to make fleeing to russia the only way to remain in possession of their kids and/or out of jail??

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 7, 2023

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Karma Comedian posted:

I admittedly have far less sympathy for the parents but far loving more for the kids.

E: also, if someone has their kid taken away here, you egregiously hosed up. They really don’t like splitting up families.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Yeah the children are blameless, but the child rapist not so much

(to spell it out: even when they moved there she was a child, and presumably they had been married before moving there)

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
There is a fantastic post on Ukrainian easter traditions currently stickied in the Ukraine subreddit, I highly recommend checking it out!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/12e7ixy/622_eest_the_sun_is_rising_over_kyiv_on_the_408th/

No territorial concessions on Crimea to be made:

https://english.nv.ua/nation/no-territorial-concessions-on-crimea-to-be-made-zelenskyy-s-advisor-says-news-50316128.html

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

crows are thought to be stupid in russia?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Right you all are re: how lovely this particular parent was.

Speaking of lovely: (eta: it's a fistfight)
https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1644373937525071874?t=rF3ZDVB_helimdTQsZS0Ig&s=19

Karma Comedian fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 7, 2023

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1644375234433122305

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
https://mobile.twitter.com/RemyBUP23/status/1644305665194618883

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1644380862425833473

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Wager can liberate my rear end

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

mobby_6kl posted:

Wager can liberate my rear end

I'd Wagner all the engineers in Germany couldn't liberate your rear end.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Are we out of wagners yet?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

tiaz posted:

crows are thought to be stupid in russia?

...yeah, that's a really good point! What's up with that?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
lol @ posting war gonzo nonsense here. Might as well be posting rybar

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

HonorableTB posted:

yeah that Nobel jerk invented dynamite then went wait wait actually i invented peace instead please remember me for that and not the boom juice

If you want peace, first you must invent dynamite.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

That's nice. Now try liberating Chasiv Yar, Konstantynivka, and Ivanivske nearby and tell everyone how many months that's going to take. Average it out for a month for each village, and maybe the Russians might be able to reach Sloviansk and Kramatorsk in a few years.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

zone posted:

That's nice. Now try liberating Chasiv Yar, Konstantynivka, and Ivanivske nearby and tell everyone how many months that's going to take. Average it out for a month for each village, and maybe the Russians might be able to reach Sloviansk and Kramatorsk in a few years.

This legitimately seems to be the plan for the Russians. Keep inching forward until the West gets bored and stops supporting Ukraine.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Seems pretty dumb, we haven't even warmed up the MIC

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

spankmeister posted:

This legitimately seems to be the plan for the Russians. Keep inching forward until the West gets bored and stops supporting Ukraine.

They cannot sustain that at all, and are barely sustaining this advance.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

I never said it was a good plan. :v:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

Just as a reminder, terrorist Girkin said that without any massive source of external help, such as China, Russia has just enough resources to prosecute their unjust war for a year, a year and a half at best if they scrape up every working rustheap they have left from their armories. By then, Russia will find itself "naked and helpless" to do anything against the AFU, in his own words.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Just lol that Wagner thought they could händel Bachmut. They haydn't got a chance. I bet their faces are red and hot like a beet-oven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Youtube suggested I watch a new Jordan Peterson, so I clicked it,and he started whining about the west spending too much ramping up a horrible war with ever more terrifying weaponry with no clear vision of victory in sight, so I clicked off. Good hearing from you Jorps!

e: here it is jorps. Someone with more patience than I could watch it and see if I misjudged him.