Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I got a gold potato at ~3700 potatoes. What the gently caress. Not complaining, but what the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I have one gold boot and haven't gotten the second in ~11k fishes. At least I'm making some money?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

bbcisdabomb posted:

I have one gold boot and haven't gotten the second in ~11k fishes. At least I'm making some money?

Good news: With the temple, gold boot jail is also corn jail too.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

This crest quest is going to make me uninstall the game.

Like goddamn this is the most tedious poo poo ever and I like just about every other thing about the game.

gently caress this.

There. I have complained about it on the internet. Maybe it’ll drop for me now.

I’ve definitely dumped 1.5million+ stamina into it.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Saxophone posted:

This crest quest is going to make me uninstall the game.

Like goddamn this is the most tedious poo poo ever and I like just about every other thing about the game.

gently caress this.

There. I have complained about it on the internet. Maybe it’ll drop for me now.

I’ve definitely dumped 1.5million+ stamina into it.

The Jundland one? There's the other quest that rewards one as well. I can't say anything, I did a 24hr expedition and got the Crest within the first few hours.

e: oh you probably mean the 40x one? yeah I ain't touching that for awhile

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

"the" 40x one :airquote:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ghostlight posted:

If I complete it by December I'll be alright

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Barreft posted:

If I complete it by December I'll be alright

All 4 parts of it?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

koshmar posted:

All 4 parts of it?

Five*, last one gives Star's Treasure Map.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Really no reason to rush that request. I’ll get it when I get it and I’m happy with that.

I’m on Part III for what it’s worth.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Ghostlight posted:

Lol oof yeah I remember those times.

Meanwhile I don’t see me gathering 300 GB07 by the end of the month.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

monkeytennis posted:

Lol oof yeah I remember those times.

Meanwhile I don’t see me gathering 300 GB07 by the end of the month.

I’ve gotten 150 since the quest dropped between the soap shop and the pet.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Yeah I don't see much reason to rush the crests, I've been plunking at it a little bit at a time working on masteries and throwing the scrap at roomba when they have a bonus friendship day.

Although I'm running out of reason to work on masteries, just hit tower 192 and I've got spoon, carrot, fancy guitar, eggplant, hourglass, and wooden barrel within relatively easy reach, not to mention about 6 weeks away from the 1000 PHR badge, and I've been tossing a thousand coins at the vault every day to get closer to that badge too. I am going to wait until I get the 1T crop row to really push at the crops (still have peppers and eggplant to GM as well). Only thing I'm really itching to get at is the runestones from 193 so I can get the spheres crafted during the easter event.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Xerol posted:

, and wooden barrel

Pro tip butter churn makes wooden barrel even easier. Board > churn > barrel in craftworks means you wakeup to thousands of butter churns and a few hundred barrels. Basically let's the whole thing run for 2x inventory instead of 1x. I just got churn and have 9k barrels to go.

littleratbastard
Aug 18, 2018
Thank you Marcus for all the orange juice!! I’ve got a quest right now asking for 64 golden leaf, and since I’m at the 100 mil is ok 1 bil is a slog range for silver I’m still manually hunting for them instead of just pet for them. So, the help for hunting is very appreciated!

I think I’ll upgrade my pets as soon as possible, looking at some of the later grinds I’ll have to face

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

Pro tip butter churn makes wooden barrel even easier. Board > churn > barrel in craftworks means you wakeup to thousands of butter churns and a few hundred barrels. Basically let's the whole thing run for 2x inventory instead of 1x. I just got churn and have 9k barrels to go.

Churn is one of those things I'm just letting progress at its own pace, whenever I use some for butter I craft more to top off my inventory. Everything else I'm working on is very wood-hungry right now and even at 8k wood/boards per hour I'm hurting for wood most of the time.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Xerol posted:

Churn is one of those things I'm just letting progress at its own pace, whenever I use some for butter I craft more to top off my inventory. Everything else I'm working on is very wood-hungry right now and even at 8k wood/boards per hour I'm hurting for wood most of the time.

Yeah I pick one board thing at a time, and never maxing out barrel was nice. I just sold the churns. Now that I'm gm'd I just have an inventory of them to make butter with as needed. I'm only 3k/2k wood/boards though.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

GB07 in the exchange center this afternoon

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

rafikki posted:

GB07 in the exchange center this afternoon

I’m still 200 short :smith:

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch
I was warned about geckos and dragons and shells a while ago but yikes. This is just gonna take however long it takes three WW crab tosses a day to cough em up, else I just throw gold in? Brutal.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

kaptainkaffeine posted:

I was warned about geckos and dragons and shells a while ago but yikes. This is just gonna take however long it takes three WW crab tosses a day to cough em up, else I just throw gold in? Brutal.

What? You spend some gold to get the farm upgrades so you have higher WW throws per day. I get 19 throws, and then double the rewards (but by the time you get all that, you don't really need it)

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

With no small amount of help from goons, I've finally hit 99 exploring. :toot:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
:toot: just finished barrels. It's amazing how much faster you complete the second chain item due to production luck boosts. (given I finished churns a day or two ago and I had like 10k barrels to start.)

Not sure what bulk wood thing I'm going to do next, I assume tables.

Rakeris posted:

With no small amount of help from goons, I've finally hit 99 exploring. :toot:

:toot:

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Yay, Exploring 99!!!

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Atoramos posted:

What? You spend some gold to get the farm upgrades so you have higher WW throws per day. I get 19 throws, and then double the rewards (but by the time you get all that, you don't really need it)

Well, I’ve never needed anything that was only available from the WW before. So I guess I’ll spend the gold on those upgrades but it still feels like kind of a pretty hard stop in terms of progress.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I hate exploring this desert for a crest, why must it be so tedious

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

JosefStalinator posted:

Is this before or after Unexpected Visitor/Unlikely Pair? Because that quest line will get you an item that activates AP usage there.

And then A Wall In The Way 4 will get you a free crest... assuming you don't get it dropped for that.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

JosefStalinator posted:

widespread posted:

Is this before or after Unexpected Visitor/Unlikely Pair? Because that quest line will get you an item that activates AP usage there.

And then A Wall In The Way 4 will get you a free crest... assuming you don't get it dropped for that.

Yeah. I did it before the alternate sources of crests appeared, but I don’t think I’d do it manually at this point if I had the choice.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Gold Potato at 13k! :woop:

e. I thought I was out of corn jail. I am a fool.

bbcisdabomb fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 10, 2023

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

kaptainkaffeine posted:

Well, I’ve never needed anything that was only available from the WW before. So I guess I’ll spend the gold on those upgrades but it still feels like kind of a pretty hard stop in terms of progress.

There's a good number of late game quests that rely on you working towards certain WW goals months in advance or you'll be in for some pain. Sea Dragon, Orange Gecko, Spiked Shells you'll notably need over a thousand of each.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah, even when I don't have a request for them I'm putting 19 crab claws into the well for sea dragons and orange geckos, occasionally switching up it up with 19 salt for spiked shells.

Doing the 19 crab claws for a month still was not long enough to get me 100 orange geckos for my current quest, but it was most of the way there.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

All good to know, thanks. Opened some pots of gold and spent the cash for the WW upgrades.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

widespread posted:

Working on wall in the way - it also needs a lot of stuff from the desert too, but at least I don't need to wait forever for RNG.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Uuugggghhhhh…..

The fish were biting. Was going for gold fliers, didn’t get a single one after a few minutes, but then I bet you can guess the very first fish I caught the instant the bonus stopped.

littleratbastard
Aug 18, 2018
Finally got the compass built and able to explore all areas!! I gotta say, I really like how the grind feels in this game. It’s a little frustrating sometimes, but it feels really good to hit a new milestone too.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

A potato battery just showed up unannounced in the craft lists to eat up some copper spools.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

A potato battery just showed up unannounced in the craft lists to eat up some copper spools.

That's incredibly perfect.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

But I'm strapped for spools though.

And I'm probably too hyperfocused on getting GMs done to climb the tower up to 50.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I'm strapped for transistors. They get eaten up super fast between coils and engines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

According to alpha the 2 recipes are Hickory Omelet, Crunchy Omelet

Hickory:
When active, Sawmill also produces
20% every 10 minutes. Effect
lasts for 1 hour.

Crunchy:
When active, collecting from Pets results
in 50% more items collected.
Effect lasts for 2 minutes.

But he's still asking for advice on the numbers for tmw.

e: "To mastery Crunchy Omelet during event requires 380 Egg 05 at minimum and ~38h of cooking w/ 8 Ovens. x10 for GM. So pretty decent, tho will definitely need to FP and get some more Egg for those who want to try to GM it like me."

dunno what most that means but I'm sure it'll help some ppl