Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

EA running half a dozen studios into the ground by forcing them to use Frostbyte is one of the biggest self owns by a publisher in gaming history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

dog nougat posted:

The frostbite engine

Autocorrect wins again (sigh)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

fridge corn posted:

Wait, we have to wait an extra day for the bundle?? I'm confused

Yeah it sounds if you wait a day youll get themes and avatars lol

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
And ps5 users get no themes at all, what a drag.
I liked my Japanese candle dynamic theme from my ps4. I miss it.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I miss having beneath the mask play on my menu all the time. I had to use my ps4 while the 5 was getting fixed and it was a bittersweet experience

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
sick of the ads

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

FireWorksWell posted:

I miss having beneath the mask play on my menu all the time. I had to use my ps4 while the 5 was getting fixed and it was a bittersweet experience

miss this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbLiziEKuQs

also this was my theme for the rest of 2020 very fitting lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwXF14ZMMNw

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

FireWorksWell posted:

Wait what the gently caress themes add music? It's me, the boring default guy that always picks the first preset when making a character.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

BurningBeard posted:

Wait what the gently caress themes add music? It's me, the boring default guy that always picks the first preset when making a character.

Lots of dynamic themes add music. Like the Anniversary theme adds music and cues from all the different playstations, I used it for years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h1-PsferVM

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Trying to decide what song my PS4 will hum to itself as it enters it's twilight years and dies.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Has anyone ever gotten Remote Play to not suck rear end? I'm trying it out bc of a long upcoming work trip, and even if both wifi connections are great the video stutters and lags.

Is it just a bad feature that doesn't work?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
night in the woods theme was (is) goated

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Ran credits on I am Setsuna. I liked it. I don't think it really deserves the dismissive reception it seems to have gotten. Yeah, it's not particularly remarkable and there are much better games, but I think I am Setsuna achieves what it set out to do. The setting, soundtrack, game systems are all very basic and simple but I feel this is by design and not from any lack of talent or inspiration. Creativity through constraint. The influence of Chrono Trigger on this game is obvious but I dont feel like the developers were aiming to make another Chrono Trigger. It feels to me more like they were saying "hey, we really like chrono trigger and we know you do to, anyway here's this little game we made, hope you enjoy it :)"

I've played Lost Sphear previously and a lot of design decisions from I am Setsuna were expounded upon for that game, but it's a case of systems on top of systems to the point of becoming a bloated mess. I am Setsuna keeps it simple and is a better game for it.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

BurningBeard posted:

The only good thing about I am Setsuna was the theme.

https://youtu.be/PR_1UCRaf20

I'm so bummed that game was boring.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This was mine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqHZYhO4hIA

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

miss this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbLiziEKuQs

also this was my theme for the rest of 2020 very fitting lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwXF14ZMMNw

These were my last two as well lol

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

VideoGames posted:

Can you get all six pixel remasters as one game? It looks like they are separate on the switch and £17 each.

You can get them as a pack on switch for 70USD which is quite high. When I preordered them on Steam years ago, it was considerably cheaper.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Omfg that car is perfect holy poo poo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Fallen Order sucks! Terrible!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
It's fine actually

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you beat I Am Setsuna you are only allowed to call it I Was Setsuna

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Themes were great and the ps5 needs them

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Themes are never coming back now that every game has a full screen splash image and almost all of them play their own music at completely random volumes so sometimes you get your ears blown out just scrolling through your icons looking for something to play.

We have to learn to accept this new world already.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Themes are never coming back now that every game has a full screen splash image and almost all of them play their own music at completely random volumes so sometimes you get your ears blown out just scrolling through your icons looking for something to play.

we call it the PSTriple experience

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You actually leave the music on? That would drive me nuts.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You can turn the music off on those things? Please say more.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

PS3 had a thing where music would play when you were selecting a game and Puzzle Fighter was like 7 times the volume of every other game. Every time I scrolled over it, it scared the crap out of me.

Escobarbarian posted:

You can turn the music off on those things? Please say more.

Yeah it's in the options somewhere. I don't think I made it to the end of launch day before turning it off.

E: Settings>Audio output>general>home screen music

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Apr 8, 2023

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

BurningBeard posted:

Omfg that car is perfect holy poo poo.

it prolly is the most elegant GUI encapsulation of gaming+living through that year in the u s of a that i could possibly imagine

weirdly my stress levels lessened dramatically when i first booted up the piss5 and heard its abstract musical menu notions

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

PS3 had a thing where music would play when you were selecting a game and Puzzle Fighter was like 7 times the volume of every other game. Every time I scrolled over it, it scared the crap out of me.

Virtua Fighter 5 and Double Dragon Neon, two games that blew my eardrums out on numerous occasions with their menu music

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Virtua Fighter 5 and Double Dragon Neon, two games that blew my eardrums out on numerous occasions with their menu music

Oh yeah gently caress Double Dragon Neon too. That one was brutal

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

veni veni veni posted:

Oh yeah gently caress Double Dragon Neon too. That one was brutal

Lol I forgot about that. It felt like an assault. https://youtu.be/qWiVPjwOgEQ at max volume if you even looked at the title in the menu

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Hector Delgado posted:

Lol that EA's new golf game, which is new consoles only, is capped at 30fps on PS5. Especially when it wants smooth strokes with the stick to swing. I mean, it's golf, what's going on at any given moment that's too stressful for the Frostbite engine?

Apparently golf is hard because the 2022 Mario golf title is the ugliest switch game I’ve ever played.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Set and forget the Firewatch theme.. corn love forever to make my kid laugh

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Too bad some of the highest budget games on earth can't be bothered to add music. The loving laziness

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Money's all tied up putting out their various lawsuit fires.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

smoobles posted:

Has anyone ever gotten Remote Play to not suck rear end? I'm trying it out bc of a long upcoming work trip, and even if both wifi connections are great the video stutters and lags.

Is it just a bad feature that doesn't work?

I’ve had pretty good results but my PS5 is wired to the router. I did the same with the PS4 and it was stable enough to play Tetris from the other side of the globe.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

lol yeah, the PS3 Lemmings game would do that

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Super monkey ball banana mania has a similar thing. Very quiet in the house and then all of a sudden the tv supanovas into monkey fever

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

EA running half a dozen studios into the ground by forcing them to use Frostbyte is one of the biggest self owns by a publisher in gaming history.

It’s an apt name for an engine used by a large cold entity such as EA. Frostbite is an effective way to lose one’s extremities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Detective No. 27 posted:

It’s an apt name for an engine used by a large cold entity such as EA. Frostbite is an effective way to lose one’s extremities.

:golfclap: