Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

It was announced on Inside Jeopardy today that all Season 39 champions--outside of the people who already qualified for the Tournament of Champions--will be invited back for a "Champions' Wildcard Tournament" to air this fall.

This means we get to see Yogesh be all grouchy again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Spokes posted:

FYI anybody can take the test today “regardless of any other criteria”

So if I'm a huge moron who doesn't know anything and also I'm horrible on camera, now's my chance?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Noooooooooooooooooooo

goodbye my dear goon princess :(

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Cognac McCarthy posted:

So if I'm a huge moron who doesn't know anything and also I'm horrible on camera, now's my chance?

I think it’s more for people who already took the test this year, but, yeah! Get in there, human cow!

e: if they ever DO bring pre-s39 contestants back, I think the ones that have done these tests might have a leg up, shrug. Baseless speculation

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

banned from Starbucks posted:

Noooooooooooooooooooo

goodbye my dear goon princess :(

Who? Wait lisa?

The Sean fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 31, 2023

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Grand Theft Otto

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

Weird that they'd accept "Second British Civil War" for a conflict that ended ~60 years before Great Britain came into existence. And in the same game where they they didn't accept "National Collegiate Athletic Association" because the contestant missed the "s" in "Athletics".

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Didnt they have 80s Movies as a FJ like a week or two ago?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Didnt they have 80s Movies as a FJ like a week or two ago?

I'd have to check my recordings, but, yes, I think about two and a half weeks ago.

Also, lol at two contestants guessing Glengarry Glen Ross, when the play literally has six important characters (and seven if you include the movie; eight if you include the Lingk character who's both in the play and the movie), and it came out in 1992, not in the '80s.

Timby fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Apr 6, 2023

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah those were some lol guesses but it did remind me I need to watch GG:GR again soon

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Yeah those were some lol guesses but it did remind me I need to watch GG:GR again soon

Last I saw, it's still free on YouTube.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

puppets freak me out posted:

Weird that they'd accept "Second British Civil War" for a conflict that ended ~60 years before Great Britain came into existence. And in the same game where they they didn't accept "National Collegiate Athletic Association" because the contestant missed the "s" in "Athletics".

The wrong contestant ADDED an 'S', which is not the name of the thing. The judges do the same thing with the "Book of Revelation" and "A Midsummer Night's Dream".

But then again, they ruled that "Brendan Fraizier" was the correct name of the actor from The Mummy.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

puppets freak me out posted:

Wikipedia says the wars are often referred to as the British Civil Wars since they took place all over Britain and Ireland, and resulted in the incorporation of Ireland and Scotland. I had never heard them called that but evidently it's not wrong

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Did anyone watch Wheel tonight? What the hell is "toothpaste test" :psyduck:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The same part was "tube".

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Fat Hitler cosplay lost to the bat lady.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Unkempt posted:

Oh no! I really enjoyed his run.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Unkempt posted:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed a resemblanace.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Unkempt posted:

He was such an "aw, shucks" goober that I wondered what his "guest services representative" title meant until he finally talked about it yesterday and he talked about being on the phone with truck drivers all day that it finally made sense.

I just hated his over-exaggerated "AW, JEEZ" poo poo after incorrect answers, reminded me of some other contestant who I can't think of at the moment.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

I didn't mind him, but his taste in dress shirts was atrocious

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

davecrazy posted:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed a resemblanace.

He apparently had to quit Twitter temporarily because people were pointing this out.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Everyone should quit Twitter.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Brian is a great dude, friend of the guy for years, he's always been the one to take the test and audition and waiting to hear back.

I'm glad he not only got selected, but became champ. It's a win in the game show fandom. I think the Hitler comparison is lazy, right up there with "Pringles guy" - I like to think he was going for a Tony Schiavone from 80s world championship wrestling days.

He was a real throwback to the 80s style contestant giving that "I'm good" and reacting to what's going on.

I'm just glad there was a personality, and I can't wait to see him in Second Chance tournament and probably in three years on The Chase.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, I read a quiz for Brian in a comp a few weeks ago and he seemed really cool. He was super excited about his upcoming appearance.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
He won me over with his game 1 reaction. We need more contestants like that

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Oh, he did seem like a really nice guy but jesus don't comb your hair like that with a moustache and a red/black combo outfit. Good to hear it's accidental, I suppose!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Why was his jacket so huge?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
That wouldn't even be a proper hitler mustache guys Jesus you wouldn't stand a chance if they had a facial hair category

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

christmas boots posted:

That wouldn't even be a proper hitler mustache guys Jesus you wouldn't stand a chance if they had a facial hair category

Not a lot of Hitler-seers itt

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I said to my wife on his first episode that if he shaved his mustache differently he could pass for a fat Hitler.

But that guy ruled. He reminded me a great deal of a good friend of mine, so I was definitely rooting for him.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I may have said nasty things about the guy on the right side in regards to his wager on the last Daily Double.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

it was possibly the worst possible wager he could make!! it was big enough that, if he got it wrong, running the rest of the board wouldn't prevent a runaway, so betting *less* would have been better, but small enough that it wouldn't prevent a runaway if the leader picked up the 2000 clue still on the board.

like yeah i'm sure you'd feel silly if you wagered a true DD and got it wrong but it's what you got to do there.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

LOL that FJ guess.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Am I the only one who was certain that the Final Jeopardy was de Klerk and Mandela

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

My local affiliate just never showed Final. Ran commercials and then started Wheel of Fortune two minutes early. Bizarre.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
Anyone find the Magic the Gathering clip of our guy Robbi?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

From reddit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVBzg78owZw

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Oh poo poo I KNEW he looked familiar yesterday. I think I've played against him at an event.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I gotta say "I played magic on a stream once" is some real weak rear end poo poo for a story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Reset Smith posted:

Am I the only one who was certain that the Final Jeopardy was de Klerk and Mandela
My dad was