Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

LionYeti posted:

We are unfortuantely not going to be in the funniest of timelines. https://twitter.com/Cultaholic/status/1644457775496404995
Vince is only going to poo poo up the bigger decisions the day to day booking of the show is probably just gonna be uniform beige.

Understandable, and reasonable. While not the most optimal funny scenario, it does also mean that at any moment a show can get Vince'd and nobody will know until hours before it starts. Trips could book a whole angle and the final match could get cancelled because Vince was in close enough proximity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

MorningMoon posted:

Understandable, and reasonable. While not the most optimal funny scenario, it does also mean that at any moment a show can get Vince'd and nobody will know until hours before it starts. Trips could book a whole angle and the final match could get cancelled because Vince was in close enough proximity.

I bet there won't be a bunch of raws eminating from Connecticut anytime soon

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

- Sheamus & Brawling Brutes vs. Gunther & Imperium

- A recap package of Cody Rhodes and Brock Lesnar from Monday Night Raw.

- Paul Heyman and Jey Uso backstage.

- Ricochet vs. Ivar (w/ Valhalla)

- Triple H addresses the WWE Universe

- Judgment Day cuts a promo

Rey Mysterio & Santos Escobar (w/ The LWO) vs. Dominik Mysterio & Damian Priest (w/ Rhea Ripley & Finn Balor)

- A brief Kevin Owens backstage segment and a backstage segment featuring LA Knight and Xavier Woods.

- Sami Zayn vs. Jey Uso and (w/ Paul Heyman & Solo Sikoa)

Backstage News

- Tegan Nox vs. Sonya Deville is slated to be the dark match before the show.
- Dolph Ziggler vs. Austin Theory is slated to be the dark match after the show.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Something I thought of about this whole Cody business.

It's all about Cody. All the talk, all the feeling, all the interest is about Cody. And what it means for Cody going forward etc.

Nobody gives half a poo poo about Roman. Yet he's the champion. He's the one who is getting pushed. He is the one who is supposed to carry the company. Etc. But nobody cares. Nobody has anything to say about it.

Not even in a "BOO! We wanted to cheer Cody winning, and you took that away from us. BOO!" kind of way. It is just a shrug. Even in the depths of the LOLCenawins era, it was still all about Cena, and him and his story etc. People cared about Cena. But at Wrestlemania, nobody cares, or even noticed that Roman won, they care that Cody lost.

Which is not good news for thw supposed face of the company, when your champion is so uncharismatic.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Shotzi and Nattie are going to be known as The Ballsy Baddies lmao
Every year or so there's a day where I get to be randomly surprised to remember that Natalya Neidhart still works for the WWE and is still an active wrestler.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Vince is at an Eagles concert. Not a joke.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

BrigadierSensible posted:

Something I thought of about this whole Cody business.

It's all about Cody. All the talk, all the feeling, all the interest is about Cody. And what it means for Cody going forward etc.

Nobody gives half a poo poo about Roman. Yet he's the champion. He's the one who is getting pushed. He is the one who is supposed to carry the company. Etc. But nobody cares. Nobody has anything to say about it.

Not even in a "BOO! We wanted to cheer Cody winning, and you took that away from us. BOO!" kind of way. It is just a shrug. Even in the depths of the LOLCenawins era, it was still all about Cena, and him and his story etc. People cared about Cena. But at Wrestlemania, nobody cares, or even noticed that Roman won, they care that Cody lost.

Which is not good news for thw supposed face of the company, when your champion is so uncharismatic.

Same thing with the Sami feud. No one gave a poo poo about Roman per se. They cared about Sami. Jay would KO would have been the 2nd and 3rd most important people in the feud. Roman was just kinda there.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Pylons posted:

I’m not trapped in hotel California with YOU!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Pylons posted:

lmao if the show is worse or equal to monday night

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Pylons posted:

Trips frantically plotting out a full year worth of live entertainment from the 70s to keep Vince distracted.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Good Brothers probably will be the first to be released and I'll cackle especially since Karl kinda of kept the Never title hostage for a bit

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh he was never under contract, he told New Japan what was happening and they decided to do an angle instead of strip him, I don't think anybody was ever engaging in bad business.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I think HHH’s address will be an angle

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Pylons posted:

And suddenly, the reason for Cody's humiliation reveals itself...

quote:

Cody: Jesus, man, could you change the channel?

Vince: gently caress you, man! If you don't like my fuckin' music, start your own fuckin' wrestling company!

Cody: I had a rough...

Vince: I'll rewrite the script three times and have Brock F5 your rear end for 10 minutes straight!

Cody: Come on, man. I had a rough WM main event, and I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

gently caress the Eagles. lovely to work for, insanely expensive tickets to hear ancient music, and the music is trash to begin with.

…ok so perfect for Vince actually

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Digital Jedi posted:

A recap package of Cody Rhodes and Brock Lesnar from Monday Night Raw.

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1643441631792885760?s=20

Just this on the Titantron

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
HHH's speech was about the draft in a few weeks

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Digital Jedi posted:

LMAO the least interesting thing he could announce

Pylons posted:

Now this is the good poo poo

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Digital Jedi posted:

That will assuredly shake up the WWE Universe!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Unless they piped in a LOT of boos, Dom just got the loudest heel reaction since Elias in Seattle

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

What does your heart tell you?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If they hadn't panned to the crowd very visibly booing I'd call it piped in

But they probably turned the mics up, yeah

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

it's rad that the only thing we'll remember a few years from now of cody's triumphant return home will be the codyvator getting stuck, his broken titty and a rubber chicken dunking on him after he jobbed out at wrestlemania

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Shotzi and Nattie are going to be known as The Ballsy Baddies lmao

The sad thing is I don't know if this a joke or not.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Intruder posted:

Unless they piped in a LOT of boos, Dom just got the loudest heel reaction since Elias in Seattle

:allears:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

much like genetically engineered modern chickens cody had a messed up breast

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
To be fair when has Vince ever given a poo poo about Smackdown?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Drakkel posted:

To be fair when has Vince ever given a poo poo about Smackdown?

The only reason HHH is Smackdown booker is because Vince doesn't work Fridays.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Digital Jedi posted:

They don’t have GM’s anymore, at least I am pretty sure they don’t. What’s the kayfabe reason for a roster split?

Fake edit: I’m assuming they don’t have one.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Digital Jedi posted:

“With the first pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Carolina Panthers select Triple Paul Helmsley, COO, Stanford, Connecticut.”

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
i didn't watch smackdown but did triple h still with the company (WWE)?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man, how loving good at this is Heyman.

He gets all the credit for the good parts of the Bloodline story (which is pretty much just boring garbage outside of Sami), he goes "hey, what if my guy wins again?", he gets it, and then HHH and Vince get all the flack.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

CopywrightMMXI posted:

They don’t have GM’s anymore, at least I am pretty sure they don’t. What’s the kayfabe reason for a roster split?

Fake edit: I’m assuming they don’t have one.

Adam Pierce basically is the GM of both shows.

Probably have him and maybe HHH or Vince do it
Stephanie has done it in the past a few times.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think last time they had the networks do it which had Cleatus the Football Robot in one of the draft rooms.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Codependent Poster posted:

I think last time they had the networks do it which had Cleatus the Football Robot in one of the draft rooms.

i believe that was 4 years ago, unless they did it again

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

The shows should be booked by the Muppets. Still less chaos than Vince, more charming, a lot less rapey.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Digital Jedi posted:

Dark match Dolph Ziggler vs. Austin Theory

Imagine sticking around after the show to watch this match

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Fish Of Doom posted:

Imagine sticking around after the show to watch this match

No one's gonna beat traffic on that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Majinfoose posted:

The shows should be booked by the Muppets. Still less chaos than Vince, more charming, a lot less rapey.

I've heard stories about Fozzy Bear.