Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

Image dump from me trying to make fantasy movie images.
"Journey to the Midrealms." GET IT?

I did a "Part 2," mostly to test out getting shots with both sisters.

Roman fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Apr 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Roman posted:

I did a "Part 2," mostly to test out getting shots with both sisters.

what are you using to get this level of photorealism

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Junk posted:

what are you using to get this level of photorealism
midjourney.
usually begin with something like "a wide shot from a scene from a high fantasy movie"
prompts have "Photorealistic, movie still, cinematic, reimagined by industrial light and magic, sharp focus, high quality --ar 16:9" at the end.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
aw man, does this poo poo really require a monthly fee?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Junk posted:

midjourney does, but you can run stable diffusion on your own pc for free (if your hardware is strong enough)

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Junk posted:

I mean it IS really easy and powerful especially when you start tossing in images using /describe which exposed more the language of midjourney

Or be a real pro and just mix and match and alter and change, it's all just pixels.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Stable Diffusion also has Google Colab notebooks you can run free in the cloud on Google hardware if you don't have a gaming Nvidia card.

I really do love local you can feel the heat from the batch, and you know it's done when the fans spin down.

Everything is fast enough now that img2img and in painting are more time deciding if I want to reroll more or take a new base or move on to another section. But sometimes you want to make a set like that movie where random scenes are the idea and you want a 500 batch for inspiration.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Distinguished Goons and Goonettes,

You are cordially invited to see the sausage being made when I generate a $1000/hour demo for my stable diffusion livestreaming app. The goal is Sunday 11:59 PM California time. I'll post the twitch channel and confirmed time ASAP.

I *have* to get this working by then, so anybody able to contribute to the project is welcome to yell things at the stream Sunday night. You could get a plush consulting gig with an upcoming startup, and set a Goon-forward agenda for all these 25 year olds working for us geezers

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

This thread is the reason I didn't give up

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

For the record, if funded we *will* find a way to produce the Red Haired Badass tv show. What a fantastic test case

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Finally (last post), I am angling to be the first Tech rear end in a top hat who builds a unionized worker co-op that demonstrates rationally applied Marxist insight, in the way Richard Wolff would suggest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynbgMKclWWc

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Analytic Engine posted:

You are cordially invited to see the sausage being made when I generate a $1000/hour demo for my stable diffusion livestreaming app. The goal is Sunday 11:59 PM California time. I'll post the twitch channel and confirmed time ASAP.

I *have* to get this working by then, so anybody able to contribute to the project is welcome to yell things at the stream Sunday night. You could get a plush consulting gig with an upcoming startup, and set a Goon-forward agenda for all these 25 year olds working for us geezers

You've got my interest piqued, sounds neat. I'll be there.

Lucid Dream fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Apr 8, 2023

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

(quote is not edit)

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
is there a chatgpt thread or a general AI thread on SA?

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

err posted:

is there a chatgpt thread or a general AI thread on SA?

I just use this one. But there are several others spread across different sub-forums.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Analytic Engine posted:

I’m not sure what all this means but you had me at ‘plush consulting gig for a startup’.

SARS-Cordyceps
May 15, 2022

by vyelkin

Analytic Engine posted:

Finally (last post), I am angling to be the first Tech rear end in a top hat who builds a unionized worker co-op that demonstrates rationally applied Marxist insight, in the way Richard Wolff would suggest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynbgMKclWWc

Kick rear end.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Valkyries.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

midjourney does, but you can run stable diffusion on your own pc for free (if your hardware is strong enough)

You don't *need* bleeding edge hardware, I have SD running on a seven year old system with a 1060. Granted it takes up to a minute per render, but I just set it to to a batch of 50 and go do other stuff while it chugs.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
What is the go-to way of inpainting at this point? I’m interested in taking Midjourney images and making tweaks to them but not sure where to start. I’ve got a fairly beefy pc so doing something locally is not out of the question

e: nevermind, I got SD up and running without any trouble, this is insanely easy and powerful

Ben Nerevarine fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 8, 2023

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
if i hadnt already played with the big boy cloud hosted stuff gpt4all would have blown the top of my head off

still its the local hardware text generation i was looking for fun toy to play with but youll never forget its the home version of the game show

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

pretty lol that they used another LLM to judge but ime Vicuna-13B can really get results comparable with the big boys, there's just a lot more randomness to it so you'll be going for best of three/five/ten more often

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I'm hoping the consumer GPU power will get good enough in a few hardware generations that it will be much better. Right now the more powerful LLMs can be barely ran with consumer hardware.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

I need to go clean up the extra tail, but I've been having fun with the "deliberate" 1.5-based checkpoint and it gives pretty incredible out of the box results, just comparing this prompt (which gave me, more or less, an endless stream of firefighter cats) with the same prompt into 1.5, naked 1.5 mostly gave me human firefighters with cats in frame somewhere, and a bit of body horror, nothing close.

quote:

a cat in a firefighter outfit, rescuing cats from a burning building, octane render, extremely detailed, debris, smoke, hero cat
Negative prompt: people, human, body, person
Steps: 50, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 7, Seed: 2378934770, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 9aba26abdf

Jerkhammer
Mar 18, 2007

Junk posted:

Just to add on to what everybody else has said:
No. I'm running the SD shared in the OP of this thread on a~10 year old graphics card. I've also got ~0 imaginatiory intelligence, so the best I've made are the previously posted "illustrations of Frida Kahlo on a skateboard" https://imgur.com/gallery/43fgIQR
Photorealistic duck wearing a top hat swimming in a river of gold coins (stolen from a prompt earlier in this thread) https://imgur.com/gallery/43fgIQR

And then, with no imagination, I asked it to show me a stone bridge crossing a forest creek:

I then fed it back, in img2img, and asked me to give me a view of the same bridge as painted by Manet:

Constable:

Picasso:

and Teodor Kittelsen(who's not listed as a known artist, but I sure recognise those bare birches and wintry pine trees):

Anyway, you too can play around with this for free :tipshat:

(An extra couple of bits I madeasked for: An Ashanti wood carving of Chris Pine

award winning photograph of Bart Simpson by Steve McCurry, color, kodak film stock, 50mm lens, close shot

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly
Imagine paying for the useful and desirable work of other people, wow, harsh!

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
An overweight suburban family in the style of matt groening:

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Pvt. Parts posted:

Imagine paying for the useful and desirable work of other people, wow, harsh!

?? Are you expressing ire at people for using SD over MJ or did I completely miss something

:confused:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

hydroceramics posted:

An overweight suburban family in the style of matt groening:

the "shellbyville look"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://twitter.com/JasonWi09121415/status/1644804647406694400

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Cabbages and Kings posted:

?? Are you expressing ire at people for using SD over MJ or did I completely miss something

every time you prompt "donald trump farting" into the free image generator you could instead have commissioned an artist to paint that scene for $300

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

every time you prompt "donald trump farting" into the free image generator you could instead have commissioned an artist to paint that scene for $300

ah yes but I've been paid $7.50 and counting to render naked pictures of bigfoot, so it is I who am the job stealer.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

ah yes but I've been paid $7.50 and counting to render naked pictures of bigfoot, so it is I who am the job stealer.

:guillotine:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
wait a goddamn second, you're telling me there's pictures of bigfoot with clothes on???

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

classic Bigfoot footage, bigfoot wearing gucci and prada --ar 3:2

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

You are Balenciaga, Bigfoot

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

No, ire at the guy who is like "wow I have to really pay for this?"

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I find it rather odd that people pay for AI art when the paid version capabilities are what they are thanks to stolen art.

I don't find the use of Stable diffusion odd, regardless of the source material, because the product is free and open source. One could choose to use a model trained on only licensed/public domain works or specific works of copyrighted art. As a result Stable Diffusion is, in many ways, far superior to the paid applications. Moreover, one will always have a copy of stable diffusion they can use while the paid applications can go down at any moment as they are on "the cloud".

Just to be clear, I don't have the same "ethical" issues with the use of stolen art, as long as one uses it for their own personal use. I also recognize that the real enemy is capitalism. I guess this is why I don't find any appeal in using paid programs, since they are promoting the worst parts of capitalism.

virtualboyCOLOR fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Is the "stolen art" thing even going to be an issue in the future? Won't the next step be making huge custom libraries of art for use in AI art? I mean, it's not like corporations don't do dumb things, but it is hard to imagine companies like nVidia investing and developing so much into technology that Disney could just wipe out whenever they decide to.