Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Look that 2025 7th rounder we’re sending sure as poo poo better become void if Rodgers retires or this whole deal is off!

Joe Douglas, apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
At this point I’m wondering if the comp is some wild thing with picks so far intk the future they can’t make it official until the draft is over

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
The other alternative is that Douglas is simply blackout drunk with Boomer Esiason, which is equally entertaining

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Ok Joe Douglas has to be blackout drunk for this

https://twitter.com/SchwartzSports/status/1644528229137682432?s=20

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I've been led to believe NYC is the greatest city on earth. And yet the GM of their NFL franchise is up to the same poo poo on a Friday as people are at 25 cent Budweiser night in rural Pennsylvania. Curious

(do not talk to me about how the owner of the Patriots is probably lying naked somewhere in a strip mall in Revere right now)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Docjowles posted:

I've been led to believe NYC is the greatest city on earth. And yet the GM of their NFL franchise is up to the same poo poo on a Friday as people are at 25 cent Budweiser night in rural Pennsylvania. Curious

(do not talk to me about how the owner of the Patriots is probably lying naked somewhere in a strip mall in Revere right now)

Every Friday night that he's still got to deal with Mac, I can believe he's that depressed

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Docjowles posted:

Jets are in jersey which is… well… beautiful to mcmagic at least

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Giants are New York’s team anyway and rightfully so.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

TheBizzness posted:

The Giants are New York’s team anyway and rightfully so.
Danny Dimes is the QB the Giants faithful deserve.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Outside of the pretty clear systemic racism the giants are a true class act imo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Phobeste posted:

At this point I’m wondering if the comp is some wild thing with picks so far intk the future they can’t make it official until the draft is over

That makes a ton of sense. Not much else, logically, to make them wait so long

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Danny Dimes is the QB the Giants faithful deserve.

This is also true.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Chris James 2 posted:

Every Friday night that he's still got to deal with Mac, I can believe he's that depressed

I dunno, every piece of offseason reporting has been that Kraft is the one swooning over Macaroni.
(except the one w/ Meek Mills, which is obviously just ol' Bobby burnishing his street cred)

Meanwhile, all other reports say Bill is quite happy to spend his Friday nights cutting Mac loose and cuddling with Linda and Nike dreaming of drafting Will Levis trading for Kyle Trask.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

What

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

What what

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AJA posted:

I dunno, every piece of offseason reporting has been that Kraft is the one swooning over Mac.

The Breer one from literally 2 days ago said he's fine with moving on

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Amy Pole Her posted:

My beef with you isn't about how much I like Jersey, (it's fine) it's about how much you love Florida (weird) lol.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Christ's sake not this again.

:sigh: only 3 more weeks until the draft.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Professor Funk posted:

Yes but have you considered that this public statement in and of itself creates leverage, diva???

I missed leverage talk
gently caress

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I’m leaning towards Joe Douglas being tanked and that kinda rules.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
He's high on ayahuasca to get spiritually closer to A A Ron

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I missed leverage talk
gently caress

Don’t worry, there will be more the next time anyone says literally anything about Aaron Rodgers publicly, because that’s totally how leverage works

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Professor Funk posted:

Don’t worry, there will be more the next time anyone says literally anything about Aaron Rodgers publicly, because that’s totally how leverage works

Look, I watched every season of Leverage. They just need to get a plucky crew of criminals together to run a con on the Packers and they'll be set.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Nervous posted:

Look, I watched every season of Leverage. They just need to get a plucky crew of criminals together to run a con on the Packers and they'll be set.

In this scenario, the Jets are the plucky underdogs conning the evil Aaron Rodgers into giving up his Packers money

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

My beef with you isn't about how much I like Jersey, (it's fine) it's about how much you love Florida (weird) lol.

🎣

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

A whale beaches itself and you believe you're a master fisherman

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Nervous posted:

Leverage came back! Without Nathan Ford, but the rest of the cast is in it. Not sure if it's good or not

Anyway - Douglas is three sheets to the wind in that clip so take any claim there with the salt on the edge of a margherita glass

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/BrianCoz/status/1644779941467242499

How fast do you guys think cos ran to his phone to tweet this out?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I’m still extremely skeptical about signing OBJ, but I see the logic. He’s not going to be the primary target and he can be a real matchup problem for a lot of CB2s in the league. If he can be a man beater who opens up things for Garrett Wilson and hauls in like 4-5 TDs and 600-700 yards he would be a fine signing. The question is how he adjusts to that role.

Give him like $8 million with a bunch of incentives fluff and I’ll be ok with it.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1644786650038386690?s=46&t=ZGbiS9btKme2_y-1_giIQw

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 8, 2023

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Do you see that?

That’s what we call leverage baby

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Levers. Pulling levelers. For leverage.

I’m ok with signing OBJ because he’s a pretty good WR and having more pretty good WRs is better than having less.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I do think Wilson/Lazard/OBJ/Hardman gives them a nice balance of skill sets in their receiver group (on paper). Each of those first three can line up anywhere on the field. I think Lazard is going to play in the slot a lot more often than people think, though.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

They overpaid for Lazard and should have kept Moore but with OBJ that'd be a solid receiver room.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Levers. Pulling levelers. For leverage.

I’m ok with signing OBJ because he’s a pretty good WR and having more pretty good WRs is better than having less.

I think a lot of people are talking like they are getting the Giants' OBJ and he hasn't been that guy for SEVEN years. If they can get 650yds and 4-5 TD's with a 57% catch, you can call that a dub. They are going to overpay for that because of what his name is though and he's of course a giant injury risk.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

fsif posted:

They overpaid for Lazard and should have kept Moore but with OBJ that'd be a solid receiver room.

Moore was never going to a productive jet given the current relationship imo

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I think a lot of people are talking like they are getting the Giants' OBJ and he hasn't been that guy for SEVEN years. If they can get 650yds and 4-5 TD's with a 57% catch, you can call that a dub. They are going to overpay for that because of what his name is though and he's of course a giant injury risk.

I don’t care if they pay him $5m or $8m honestly because they have lots of cap flexibility. You’re hoping for the guy who can be the solid and experienced WR2 he was with the Rams. If he’s injured every other game it’s not worth it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Metapod posted:

And the Jets must really agree with this if you look at what the return was.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Metapod posted:

Seems like it. He’s also limited to playing in the slot. I think they wanted to fill out the room with bigger, more versatile guys which, maybe it won’t work out, but it’s a sensible plan.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/jhardee_19/status/1644821122263785477

Twitter lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Amy Pole Her posted:

new jersey is fine, it benefits from being surrounded by two way shittier states in pennsylvania and delaware