Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

yeah a bunch of bandaging helps immobilize the hand, otherwise you keep reopening the wound when you absentmindedly grab things

hand injuries suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Azathoth posted:

The Clippers did it recently but before that no one wanted to sign with them despite them being in LA. If being in LA was what really mattered, they'd have signings going back to before their current ownership.

he won a championship then dipped this one really proves it true lol

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
that is what the stitches are for! Sure they are probably immobilizing it a little bit, but that is just an incredible amount of "we want to avoid infection and movement at all cost because he needs to be able to play in a week"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
and they get so itchy too ugh keep that mf aquaphor on you Jalen

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
anyway that was when i stopped following since that was when the impossible happened and won't ever again and i'm ok with it

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
guess I'll watch some of this 6ers game until the Grizzlies and Bucks start
so many games tonight

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Pohl posted:

guess I'll watch some of this 6ers game until the Grizzlies and Bucks start
so many games tonight

Jaden Springer NBA minutes!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish I could watch nets magic today. Ah well.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In Training posted:

I wish I could watch nets magic today. Ah well.

do you need a link?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Jaden Springer is the best perimeter defender on the sixers and he gets zero minutes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pohl posted:

do you need a link?

No I just didn't have the time because of other poo poo in life. But luckily they didnt blow it, I think their 6 seed is locked in now. Kinda cool that tje last game of the season will be a bracket preview game

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the hawks suck rear end lol

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

lol the western conference, Sunday is going to be a shitshow - I can't wait

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pohl posted:

Poole don't explosively poo poo yourself every minute of a key road game challenge (IMPOSSIBLE)

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Pohl posted:

It's everything they ever wanted with the play-in

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Poole don't explosively poo poo yourself every minute of a key road game challenge (IMPOSSIBLE)

lol, just go ahead and stomp on my balls
:honk:

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

a new study bible! posted:

anyway are you really going to give a big contract to a guy who looks like this

this look rules and it's too bad he didn't do it for real

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Rip mavs

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

triple sulk posted:

the hawks suck rear end lol

spurs robbed them blind, it owns lol. three firsts from them and one from charlotte

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 8, 2023

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i find it very funny

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

I don't know if that was an overpay for Murray, but teams keep putting other guards next to their no-defense star guards (see also Luka, dame) and it never works.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
to be fair to Dams, Luka isn't just "no defense" he's such a liability that he actively helps the other team's offense. Mavs might be better off if he just camped at the logo on defense

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

snyprmag posted:

I don't know if that was an overpay for Murray, but teams keep putting other guards next to their no-defense star guards (see also Luka, dame) and it never works.

Athletic guards can be solid wing defenders but they aren't going to fundamentally alter the calculus for a team that lacks serious POA and rim defense guys. You need all that stuff to be a contender.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

indigi posted:

Mavs might be better off if he just camped at the logo on defense

I've seen him try that one and can confirm it did not help

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

The mavs going from 4th in the west to not even making the play-in is so loving funny lmao first year since there's been 3 teams in texas that all 3 missed the playoffs

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

snyprmag posted:

well minnesotta tried putting another center next to their no-defense star center and that didn't seem to work terribly well either

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

The problem with atlanta is that we are cursed as a city.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

wow trae, murray, kat, and gobert were all all-stars last year and none of them were this year, and only kat has injuries as an excuse

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

the bitcoin of weed posted:

The mavs going from 4th in the west to not even making the play-in is so loving funny lmao first year since there's been 3 teams in texas that all 3 missed the playoffs

drat, California is taking 4 of the 8 playoff seeds in the West (probably) (hopefully)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

wow trae, murray, kat, and gobert were all all-stars last year and none of them were this year, and only kat has injuries as an excuse

Trae spiritually died in that first round series against the Heat

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

well minnesotta tried putting another center next to their no-defense star center and that didn't seem to work terribly well either

The jury is still out on that, but only because of the injury and DeAngelo Russell. Gobert has been one of the best pick and roll centers in the league the previous few years and he and Russell never could figure out how to do it together.

I still think there's hope that they can figure it out, if only because getting rid of DLo is addition by subtraction, and sandwiching KAT between Gobert and Jaden McDaniels, who is already an elite defender, they should be able to hide him well enough now that they're not also hiding DLo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

DLo causes damage normally but I think Lebron can make him good

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1644777693123080206?t=gnIfe0rRAU2qkVTMoA2zEg&s=19

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Best thing they could do with him is not ask him to run point most of the time. He isn't a floor general and never will be, he calls his own number way too much in situations where he absolutely shouldn't.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lock. Him. Up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol huh. excuse me as Im a NBA noob but what would the punishment for Tanking be. League takes their draft picks or something?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

your GM will be fired and blackballed from the nba

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

edit

not the path of exile thread .

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what is there to investigate lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

In Training posted:

Lol huh. excuse me as Im a NBA noob but what would the punishment for Tanking be. League takes their draft picks or something?

They'll make Very Serious Noises about it but at most they'll give a ticky tack fine and issue a Very Stern Warning to not do it again. Cuban will make a little noise and, if necessary, be Suitably Chastened in public and the next time it happens the process repeats.