Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Shazam was fun! It was a huge departure from the Snyder stuff that actually had some colors and charm to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

swickles posted:

Shazam was fun! It was a huge departure from the Snyder stuff that actually had some colors and charm to it.

I guess Shazam himself was bright red,but apart from him the movie had all the vivid colors that Philadelphia is famous for, like "gray" and "snow".

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Shazam is easily my favorite DC movie. It's just a good time. Nothing groundbreaking or exceptional is on display, but it has heart and doesn't take itself too seriously.

The previews for the sequel are leaving me cold, though.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea it was fun. You run into weird BIG situations when you have kids transforming into adults but they skirted it fine. I don’t have any desire to see the sequel but I’ll probably stream it eventually.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Invalid Validation posted:

Yea it was fun. You run into weird BIG situations when you have kids transforming into adults but they skirted it fine. I don’t have any desire to see the sequel but I’ll probably stream it eventually.

It'll have Lucy Lui as some kind of evil titan/goddess. I'll check it out for that alone.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Grendels Dad posted:

Is... is that how that works?

If he's flying at the speed of light at a constant rate the entire time, sure? But yeah, that's a bit of an insane ask.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

James Gunn laid out his plan for the DCU going forward, and one of the projects is an Amanda Waller-focused series that takes place between Seasons 1 and 2 of Peacemaker and will have some of the characters from Peacemaker in it.

https://www.ign.com/articles/dcu-chapter-one-gods-and-monsters-james-gunn-peter-safran

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

I guess Shazam himself was bright red,but apart from him the movie had all the vivid colors that Philadelphia is famous for, like "gray" and "snow".

lmao

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

James Gunn laid out his plan for the DCU going forward, and one of the projects is an Amanda Waller-focused series that takes place between Seasons 1 and 2 of Peacemaker and will have some of the characters from Peacemaker in it.

https://www.ign.com/articles/dcu-chapter-one-gods-and-monsters-james-gunn-peter-safran

Peacemaker S2 is also on indefinite hold because Gunn is now busy with Superman: Legacy

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Did Doom Patrol get an actual ending? I'm at the end of season 3 right now. Either way it's a small miracle that we even got a 4th season.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

grittyreboot posted:

Did Doom Patrol get an actual ending? I'm at the end of season 3 right now. Either way it's a small miracle that we even got a 4th season.
It's on a mid-season break right now, but they supposedly wrote the end of this season with the idea/expectation that it might be a series finale.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
The first 6 episodes of season 4 have aired and the second 6 are going to air at some unspecified date, hopefully soon?

I dunno what the source is but Google claims the last episode is titled "Done Patrol" so I assume they knew quite well it would be the end of the series.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Apparently the writers of Doom Patrol and Titans both knew this was likely their last season when they were writing so they should get a decent send off.

Honestly the theme of Doom Patrol S4 is pretty much perfect for an ending.

EDIT: \/ autocorrect is a bitch

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Feb 1, 2023

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Mokinokaro posted:

Apparently the writers of Doom Patrol and Titans both knew this was likely their lady season when they were writing so they should get a decent send off.

oooOOOOooo, a lady season, I'm intrigued!

Sorry, couldn't let a good typo go to waste

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
For a second I thought the “lady season” was a insider term for a show that’s likely to be canceled after the current season wraps up, so it’s treated as the “series final”.

Like parks and recreation, that show had multiple lady seasons.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Let's add it to the vernacular. Spread it. More than a few things have come outta the forums that have permeated culture as a whole or at least more specific subcultures.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shazam was okay, the kind of movie I forget existed until somebody reminded me, but it was perfectly fine to watch.

However I am a sucker for scenes with jokes about characters not able to hear people monologuing a very long way away from them, so I give it credit for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUH2mxQCYvM

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Jerusalem posted:

Shazam was okay, the kind of movie I forget existed until somebody reminded me, but it was perfectly fine to watch.

However I am a sucker for scenes with jokes about characters not able to hear people monologuing a very long way away from them, so I give it credit for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUH2mxQCYvM

Levi might have lovely IRL politics but he is good at funny.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1644380489204240386

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1644382859170566144

alright only 2+ more years to go until peacemaker season 2 !!!!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I hope we can get Peacemaker s2 in 2026 :unsmith:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
4+ years in between seasons is pretty insane

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Nail Rat posted:

4+ years in between seasons is pretty insane

Venture Bros fans: lol, lmao

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

John Cena will be so old when they start filming season 2, he will have to steal Batista's tiny glasses so he can even read the script. Big Dave will then upgrade to Big Glasses so he can see where John Cena is and kick his rear end in a Tiny Glasses On A Pole match.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Venture Bros fans: lol, lmao

I was originally going to make a VB joke but it turns out they never had 4 years between seasons surprisingly

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I'm sure there will be a silly comic book explanation but isn't Peacemaker solidly in the original DCU?

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
I don't want any superman movies I just want Peacemaker Season 2

mr. gunn please hear my plea

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Hobo Clown posted:

I'm sure there will be a silly comic book explanation but isn't Peacemaker solidly in the original DCU?

Nothing really ties him to it. It's not like he couldn't mean whoever is the new Superman when he talks about their scat fetish.

I guess there are the cameos at the end of the first season but... *makes fart noise*

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Amanda Waller series is supposed also bridge that gap fwiw. Hopefully it's not like The Book of Boba Fett which did the same for Mando

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 8, 2023

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The Wallet of Amanda

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I hope Peacemaker shows up for a few epa of Waller like Mando did though

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The real reason they haven't fired Ezra Miller is because their Flash movie is the reset button.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The real reason they haven't fired Ezra Miller is because their Flash movie is the reset button.

They have no loving clue what they are resetting to, so big whoop for that.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The Flash entering the Speed Force was already the "Most Cheer-worthy Moment In Cinema History", now he will enter it FOR GOOD.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Grendels Dad posted:

Nothing really ties him to it. It's not like he couldn't mean whoever is the new Superman when he talks about their scat fetish.

I guess there are the cameos at the end of the first season but... *makes fart noise*

The first Suicide Squad had Batfleck in it, I can't remember if the second was meant as a soft reset. But you're right that the Peacemaker show isn't tied to any grander plots so I guess it can live off in its own little continuity.

Four years of DC & WB though... I'll be skeptical a second season is happening up until I'm seeing the new Wigwam open.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m sure it’ll get made since James Gunn is the head and it was one of the few well received things DC made. Does seem like a long time though.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Is Margot coming back? Cause I really loved Birds Of Prey.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Which Creature Commandos are we talking about here?

The one with Medusa, Frankenstein's Monster, Dracula and the Wolfman?

fake edit: the dracula's name was Velcro? lmfao

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Grendels Dad posted:

John Cena will be so old when they start filming season 2, he will have to steal Batista's tiny glasses so he can even read the script. Big Dave will then upgrade to Big Glasses so he can see where John Cena is and kick his rear end in a Tiny Glasses On A Pole match.

Rename the series to Pacemaker (& The Vintage Vigilante).

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Which Creature Commandos are we talking about here?

The one with Medusa, Frankenstein's Monster, Dracula and the Wolfman?

fake edit: the dracula's name was Velcro? lmfao

Velcro is clearly just Vincent Price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Xelkelvos posted:

The Amanda Waller series is supposed also bridge that gap fwiw. Hopefully it's not like The Book of Boba Fett which did the same for Mando

Is it? When is that coming out? James Gunn's first tweet above seems to imply that Creature Commandos will be the first "chapter 1" (or whatever) project released on TV. Is the Waller show a bridge between old DCU and the new one, so...chapter 0.5 or something?

This is all so stupid.