Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

A Bakers Cousin posted:

During an army training exercise we frequently got reports of items "the size of white shoe boxes" which seemed like a philosophical problem

Thinkin about this at work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Hailstones the size of canned hams

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

It would be pretty cool if someone made a wargame mod that added MRAPs and modeled them to move incredibly slowly off-road

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
wait there's new leaks? i wanna see

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Missing Diem

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
He is risen! Wishing the thread a joyful and peaceful Easter. May the Lord bless you and your families.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Frosted Flake posted:

Missing Diem

Not me!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Canada also send aid to fix the grid instead of (allegedly) the weapons we had planned. I think a lot has been tied up since the infrastructure campaign, and that’s still with a refusal to target bridges and tunnels, train stations, I imagine anywhere they may escalate by killing too many NATO people, like at the depots near the Polish border where Ukraine takes delivery of western systems.

Missiles are cheaper than power plants and that leak said lol three strikes will completely deplete Ukrainian SAMs, so I guess they can time it for their goals.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

He is risen! Wishing the thread a joyful and peaceful Easter. May the Lord bless you and your families.

A mysterious volcanic island.
The heavy tremors on the island bode ill for its inhabitants. Ancient temples have risen from the ground recently, bizarre creatures are terrorizing the area. Fear and terror is spreading among the population.

The end of all hope?
A group of powerful men who call themselves "The Inquisitors" have taken it upon them-selves to put an end to these events. They send an expedition to this remote island, but a storm takes hold of the ship and destroys it at sea.

A hero will come.
As if by a miracle, you survive the shipwreck and are stranded on the volcanic island alone. You find yourself amidst a chaos of rebellion, tyranny, and mystic rituals. It is up to you to decide to which side the pendulum of fate will swing.

Delve into a gritty, raw, and atmospheric fantasy world in which every action has a consequence. In the epic world of Risen, filled with mysterious earthquakes, fearsome monsters, and unimaginable treasures, forge your path with the sword, learn the art of staff fighting, or become a powerful mage.
  • Alter the destiny of the island by the actions you take.
  • Countless side quests and creatures to discover.
  • Over 60 hours of Immersive open world gameplay.

© 2009 by THQ Nordic GmbH, Austria. Developed by Piranha Bytes. Risen is a registered trademark of THQ Nordic AB, Sweden.

btw it's not for another week

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 01:24 on Apr 9, 2023

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/snekotron/status/1644837998322765829

the new story is that it is real, true, and the work of dastardly FSB spies on the Wowmao Discord Channel

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lmao

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
wow are you telling me america is spying on their "allies" after blowing up their undersea energy infrastructure

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Who has that “It didn’t happen”, “it’s disinfo” “it’s old news” “it’s good, actually” chart?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

“The intelligence reports seem to indicate that the United States is also spying on Ukraine’s top military and political leaders, a reflection of Washington’s struggle to get a clear view of Ukraine’s fighting strategies.”

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

“The intelligence reports seem to indicate that the United States is also spying on Ukraine’s top military and political leaders, a reflection of Washington’s struggle to get a clear view of Ukraine’s fighting strategies.”

is it spying if they're on your payroll

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Frosted Flake posted:

Ejection at high speeds is extremely dangerous. For most ejection seats, the chance of survival drops dramatically above 600kt or ca Mach 1.0. Even if the pilot survives he is likely seriously injured and may be grounded for good. So although the airframe and engines can push it to Mach 2.0 and beyond, the pilot simply won’t. Especially not in a shooting war.

Pilots will still fly supersonic, even in a shooting war, but more likely Mach 1.something, not 2+, and in faster aircraft that can pull that off longer at altitude, like F-22s and F-35s which don't carry their weapons on big, draggy pylons. But Mach 2.0 on most fighters is the kind of speed where, if they can attain it, they attain it very briefly and carrying no real ordnance. Like MiG-25s on recon missions over Israel were going exceptionally fast at Mach 2.0+, but it was a very short-range mission with no ordnance. And it was a mission profile that, once known and prepped for, the Israelis were able to counter with a shootdown using their own F-15s.

An F-15E pilot ejected at 780 mph (Mach 1.2), lived, was very hosed up, but flew again after he recovered. His WSO was killed near-instantly in the ejection.

Probably one of the fastest ejections to live was an SR-71 that came apart at Mach 3.18. The pilot lived, other crewmember broke his neck and died.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Frosted Flake posted:

totally not building towards a "ukies lost by stabbing us NATO in the back" story

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
What the hell is wowmao? Is that a game?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Did you get my joke though? That it's a unit but in school and not the military

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NeatHeteroDude posted:

no I mean that one instructional sequence can be called a "unit" as in "this is unit 1" in a classroom Jesus fu king christ

:hellyeah:

Tythas posted:

How about we don't post pictures of classified materials or tweets with the pictures of classified material in the thread

:berninator:

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

gradenko_2000 posted:

orthodox easter isnt until next week though?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

euros being stone cold bigots and not even knowing it rules lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
its not spying its called employee management and oversight

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the leaked documents where 'heavily' edited folks.... (a single edit)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
tldr

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
that one visegrad guy almost had it but he should have said something akin to 'those weren't the javelins we wanted'

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

minecraft and world of tanks unironically threats to western security

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

also i gotta say, the way western press of all types are 'reporting' on this conflict really makes me think things are truly dire for the ukranians, because the sheer propaganda and word-salading theyre doing is very very familiar to me as someone who knows what losing sides say to cope post their way out of it.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Malleum posted:

its galician easter

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

also good news everyone advance wars 1&2 is finally coming out after being delayed a year and a few months due to the war (so nintendo says)

https://youtu.be/95dbXS1tPbI

out april 21!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Malleum posted:

https://twitter.com/NoTrueScotist/status/1232435033006198785?t=8o2K7cLmZpuvKTM_6fXoCg&s=19

https://twitter.com/WeStand4theFlag/status/1500661183820578818?t=tgOH1A0-5JX0fzlnSR40LA&s=19

https://twitter.com/OCanonist/status/1643751889031528448?t=jM3ABVWZ70oIT5XVX27GXg&s=19

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

wait there's new leaks? i wanna see

here:

gradenko_2000 posted:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

The sham "church" set up by the Ukraine is disguised popery https://twitter.com/ninabyzantina/status/1644438839895953408

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Donbass Devushka posted:

Least racist Ukraine supporters
(from t.me/DonbassDevushka/53681, via tgsa)

i guess nazis don't really need masks these days

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Ukraine church is as much of a sham as Russian church. True Orthodox ftw.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

ArmZ posted:

Ukraine church is as much of a sham as Russian church. True Orthodox ftw.

looks like we got an old believer in here :mods:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=39WPioTx1zQ

Theresa

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Frosted Flake posted:

Give me a break, more like setting up to throw Kiev under the bus.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

mawarannahr posted:

The sham "church" set up by the Ukraine is disguised popery https://twitter.com/ninabyzantina/status/1644438839895953408

Q: how many divisions does the pope have?

A: the Pope's forces have been reorganized around the NATO brigade model and integrated national guard units

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

the papal state 666th battalion tactical group

Danann has issued a correction as of 03:35 on Apr 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

stephenthinkpad posted:

Give me a break, more like setting up to throw Kiev under the bus.

liberals: what? i hate ukraine now