Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Super Mario Bros (1985) Ending EXPLAINED

The New Super Mario Bros. Movie Embraces the Dystopia the 1993 Super Mario Bros. Movie Warned About
https://www.pastemagazine.com/games/super-mario-bros-movie-dystopia

Would be pretty cool if we get a robot disguise in Tears. Might be fun seeing what all the killer robits get up to when they aren't chasing heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I killed my first Lynel today - is there anything you can do with their giant aoe? It nuked me except for miphas grace.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

External Organs posted:

I killed my first Lynel today - is there anything you can do with their giant aoe? It nuked me except for miphas grace.

you run the hell away when they telegraph it

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

External Organs posted:

It's been a while since I played but I believe you can hide rocks.

protip, if you can mount him and attack him, there's no durability loss. Swap to your strongest weapon without fear.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Shoot the lynel in the face to prevent the attack from going off.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Dr. Stab posted:

My uncle works at nintendo and you play as the kid from outset island with the giant snot bubble.

Playing Minish Cap for the first time just last week, and I laughed out loud when I ran into that kid right in the beginning lmao

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Bongo Bill posted:

Shoot the lynel in the face to prevent the attack from going off.

:haibrow:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The other trick against Lynel attacks is getting good enough at shield parrying.

I’m not that good at it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Finally got all 4 divine beasts, though i still have some sidequests left plus I got to at least unlock the map for the last region in the upper left.

Anyway, because no one asked, my rankings of the Champion abilities.

4. Daruk's Protection

Dead last on my list but still pretty good to have to protect against the occasional sucker punch.

3. Mipha's Grace

Honestly, I kind of consider it close to number 2; the only reason it doesn't have that spot is because it has a long cooldown after a single use.

2. Urbosa's Rage

The "This ends NOW" button of the game.

1. Revali's Gale

Kinda surprised by this. I had an idea of what it was and I figured that having 2 and a bit stamina circles would render it redundant by the time I got it. However, it is legitimately the coolest ability in the game, and is well worth going out of your way to get it as soon as possible.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Agreed on Daruk. 95% of the time I disable it anyway. It would be better if it were triggered by a different button instead of on whenever you're guarding. It makes sense but is also distracting, and just different enough of a function that it really needed to be something you can do on purpose.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Revali's Gale is the only one I care about, whenever it's not charged I'm asking "Where's Revali's Gale?"

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The other trick against Lynel attacks is getting good enough at shield parrying.

I’m not that good at it.

Git gud at Perfect Dodge/Flurry Attacking and you can go through an entire Lynel fight without being hit once

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Also yeh Revali's Gale owns and Daruk's Protection is useless enough I had it disabled most of the time. It'll be interesting to see if there's any analogue to the Champion powers in TotK since there's been no sign of the Champions returning, with Revali basically being confirmed as not coming back

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Revali's Gale is the only one I care about, whenever it's not charged I'm asking "Where's Revali's Gale?"

My biggest mistake was saving that Divine Beasts for last. I already had most of the shrines by the time I did it. I just had no clue the power would be that good, the others I got were so meh I just didn't think about it. Then I got it and had barely any game left to do with it lol.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Git gud at Perfect Dodge/Flurry Attacking and you can go through an entire Lynel fight without being hit once

I just took out a second one and got him with a bunch of perfect dodges. Woo!

Also I discovered the Forgotten Ruins - what a sweet sweet little area.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The gauntlet to Zora's Domain is hilarious if, for example, you did Vah Naboris first and have the Thunder Helm.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Unlucky7 posted:

4. Daruk's Protection
3. Mipha's Grace
2. Urbosa's Rage
1. Revali's Gale

This list is objectively correct

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I just saw the Mario movie and there was maybe one Zelds reference in it. (Biggish spoilers) Mario's dad is totally based on Talon/Tarin from OoT/LP, who — as we know — is based on Mario.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
I always felt like Lynels took too long to fight. I could get into being able to flurry them reliably but they just took so many hits unless there was some other trick to taking them down faster.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I learned today you can stasis guardians. Learned this because I use stasis to pick out harvestables and a stalker came into view. Here I thought I got gud doing a master playthrough. Very easy to deleg stalkers.

However, it's way less badass than my other method of open-field stalker kills: dodge lasers until I can use fire to fly up (no beasts yet) then crash down onto a leg. Once one legs gone it's over.

Lynels though ugh. It's just a slog.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
yeah they're just tubs of HP and cost so much in terms of time and weapons

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

On the other hand, Lynel weapons/bows/shields are some of the most badass in the game, so it's impossible to say if Lynel fights are worth it or not they are

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You can use those weapons to fight more Lynels!!

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

MokBa posted:

I just saw the Mario movie and there was maybe one Zelds reference in it. (Biggish spoilers) Mario's dad is totally based on Talon/Tarin from OoT/LP, who — as we know — is based on Mario.

I think I saw link's cycle as one the options on the Mario Kart machine.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Barbarian set link looks badass too and you gotta upgrade it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I’m not that good at it.

I tricked myself by thinking I had finally figured out shield parries in Hyrule Warriors. Turns out the window is a lot larger than the one in BotW.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Khanstant posted:

You can use those weapons to fight more Lynels!!

:hmmyes:

Shiroc
May 16, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
It would be nice if a Zelda could have sword combat at least as good feeling as Wind Waker again. It had an exceptional balance of flow and enemy strength.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

my strat with lynels was to use heavy weapons where you can do the prolonged spinny spin attack; hit'em with some camel lightning to stun them and then go to town. You can pretty easily take on two lynels at once this way and kill them both within like 20 seconds

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I saw a big thing in one of the trailers for the game that looked like a Gleeok. Anyone agree?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

dublish posted:

Can't wait to be playing this game in five weeks.

I think it would be interesting if Nintendo came out and said "just kidding!" on the release date, and revealed that all the gameplay ootage was actually just precompiled, as a joke.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
To be fair, I don't think Daruk's Protection is terrible; It is good to have, but it is definitely the lesser of the Champion powers.

Anyway I got shrines to a nice even number (108), so I am off to Hyrule Castle tomorrow to get that last Memory and beat up Ganon.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

it would have been cooler if daruk's power let you roll down mountains like a goron and do a bunch of damage if you build up enough speed or something

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Peachy Nietzsche posted:

My unsubstantiated theory is that Link and Zelda get merged during that big cutscene under Hyrule castle.

Get fused together. Makes sense actually, going by that cutscene trailer. Zelda will be in your head tho, nothing more. Nintendo gets its cake and its eats it. Riots outside nintendo new york

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Zelda will talk to Link by yelling "hey!" and making him move his magic hand around like a sock puppet

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
consider

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

The Maroon Hawk posted:

On the other hand, Lynel weapons/bows/shields are some of the most badass in the game, so it's impossible to say if Lynel fights are worth it or not they are

Yeah, basically, if you're only attacking them with a melee weapon while mounted, you can get down to just losing Bow Durability and time.

And hey, look. There's a brand new 3x or 5x bow on the ground now.

Peachy Nietzsche
Jul 26, 2007

This thread's like staring into the void.
To me the annoyance over weapon durability was easily dismissed once I realized the game provides plenty of easily accessible weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

External Organs posted:

Also I discovered the Forgotten Ruins - what a sweet sweet little area.

My first time encountering this area I didn't realise you can just glide through on the wind gusts without being hit once. I spent over an hour dodging behind various covers and taking out every single guardian in there before reaching the back.