Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
good time to re-watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK3FHjiwb_8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Lid posted:

you know in the last five years there has been a numetal revival but it was for things that aged well - Slipknot, Orgy, Static-X, Deftones, the numetal with heavy electronic influences and downtuned guitars

it wasnt for loving Trapt

I loved the undertaker walkout tbh..... I think izzy is going to move to WWE

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fyallm posted:

Hummmmmmm, do I click cash out before the izzy fight??

WE RIDE OR WE DIE MOTHERFUCKER

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Was that GSP in the audience?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

BlindSite posted:

WE RIDE OR WE DIE MOTHERFUCKER

TRUE, Im HOLDING STRONG

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hollandia posted:

eeeee is not imprezzed wid yurrr performunce!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hollandia posted:

Yep, GSP is there

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

CarlCX posted:

Any outcome here would be fine, but Izzy losing again would be slightly funnier.

izzy losing yet again is a million times better than the inevitable rematch

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Does this whole site hate on Izzy like they do with my girl Cookie Monster?

sausage king of Chicago
Jun 13, 2001

fyallm posted:

what

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

fyallm posted:

Izzy is nerdy and cringe like us but also talented so he sucks

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

fyallm posted:

He was most fun as the straight man to paulo costa. I just like Pereira more

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I soured on Izzy when he humped an unconsenting person

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fyallm posted:

We all like Izzy but he did get the criticism for being a cringey weirdo and then cruising and not really winning fights for a few of them, but not losing them either.

Its fun when someone's dancing and being an anime character and poo poo and knocking dudes dead. When they turn fights into a loving snore fest and barely eek out a decision it starts to grate on you a little. That said if he's the warrior he talks about being he'll come out sharp and ruthless and we'll see something today. If not... welp

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
izzy has opinions about trans people that run contrary to his own breast tissue development that is absolutely due to the injection of extraneous hormones. that is, he's very funny, especially when he gets knocked senseless.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

BlindSite posted:

We all like Izzy but he did get the criticism for being a cringey weirdo and then cruising and not really winning fights for a few of them, but not losing them either.

Its fun when someone's dancing and being an anime character and poo poo and knocking dudes dead. When they turn fights into a loving snore fest and barely eek out a decision it starts to grate on you a little. That said if he's the warrior he talks about being he'll come out sharp and ruthless and we'll see something today. If not... welp

same career path of Bendo who we loved until he started getting gift decisions and then acting like he was God's chosen fighter while we all said "dude you lost that fight" and he just never stopped being a geek in the bad sense rather than the endearing sense

contrast with Mighty Mouse who is still a massive geek and we miss and love him every moment every day

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

I soured on Izzy when he humped an unconsenting person

Somebody told me we need be nice with Indians

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

BlindSite posted:

Ah ok, I get it then... I did start getting sad when he really stopped fighting in the cage.

Wasn't sure if this place hated him as much as Cookie Monster, I couldn't believe it during her fight.

*hats off to a great fight*

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

fyallm posted:

I will never support Israel

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

crepeface posted:

I will never support Israel

Will you ever support Carla?

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Pereira gunning for the Jacare Memorial Impassive Easter Island Head Award

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Why is Izzy favored on like all apps?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
I hope one of their legs doesn't break

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I hope one of their legs doesn't break

Why don't more MMA fighters check kicks?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fyallm posted:

Why is Izzy favored on like all apps?

He won 23 of 25 minutes of their last fight before he had his lights switched off. Pereira is a different kind of "punchers chance", "punchers chance" fighter, but Israel is still the better MMA fighter. I actually expect a little more grappling at times from Israel tonight.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Izzy need to keep his back the gently caress away from the cage

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

BlindSite posted:

He won 23 of 25 minutes of their last fight before he had his lights switched off. Pereira is a different kind of "punchers chance", "punchers chance" fighter, but Israel is still the better MMA fighter. I actually expect a little more grappling at times from Israel tonight.

I hope so, but he hasn't checked a single kick

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

fyallm posted:

Will you ever support Carla?

I was an underdog Carla fan but she thankfully relieved me of the burden by way of Fox News.

That was a sedate round but Izzy's leg is going to be useless within three rounds if he doesn't fix his poo poo.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
perira's round clearly. absolutely love that body jab. and alternating the calf kick from taps to whacks is working on izzy.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

Somebody told me we need be nice with Indians

My hot take is that sexual harassment is bad even when used to humiliate lovely people

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fyallm posted:

Why don't more MMA fighters check kicks?

It can be harder than you think to see them coming. Espeecially from a guy like Pereira or Adesanya who don't telegraph them. They just throw them. You tend to keep your eyes on your opponents upper body. When someone steps out to open their hips they telegraph. Higher level strikers don't need to, they just pivot off that lead foot and chop it in, makes it a lot harder to see it.

It's also why the rising teep to the chin is such an under-utilised kick in MMA, you can almost never see it coming til its too late.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

BlindSite posted:

It can be harder than you think to see them coming. Espeecially from a guy like Pereira or Adesanya who don't telegraph them. They just throw them. You tend to keep your eyes on your opponents upper body. When someone steps out to open their hips they telegraph. Higher level strikers don't need to, they just pivot off that lead foot and chop it in, makes it a lot harder to see it.

It's also why the rising teep to the chin is such an under-utilised kick in MMA, you can almost never see it coming til its too late.

Ahh this makes sense, (I mean this seriously) thank you for explaining it, I appreciate it

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

i don't have a problem with a fighter being boring and winning. they are playing the game and out there avoiding unnecessary damage and if they cruise to a win as long as there is no judge fuckery, they deserve the win but saying transphobic/homophobic/bigoted poo poo sucks rear end and it's worse when they are good at what they do

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

im flinching at every impact from both of them, mummies alive

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Yea every time one of these guys throws I'm flinching cause both could just end it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ANIME IS REAL

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
OH poo poo

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
HOLY loving poo poo

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo