Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Beeftweeter posted:

ah yeah it was different

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzE8WlcmiNo

lol bam we get a whole new mystery box upon the reveal

Re the spoiler: lol, get hosed with that bullshit - again! Goddamn Matalas, find a new trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mr. Apollo posted:

I like how Troi said “whatever is through that door, you will not be alone” and then after she opens the door she runs away leaving Jack alone.

After 30 years, I'd expect literally nothing less from Deanna Troi :allears:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Mr. Apollo posted:

I like how Troi said “whatever is through that door, you will not be alone” and then after she opens the door she runs away leaving Jack alone.

Yeah, he won't be alone. He'll have whatever horrifying thing he finds beyond the door to keep him company.

Troi is the season's true big bad, this is just the next step of her master plan to scare Riker back into normal domestic life, but maybe without the cottagecore aesthetic.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Beeftweeter posted:

ah yeah it was different

anyway i guess it's possible it's her. i think it sounds like beverly

She saw his anime body pillow collection

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Mr. Apollo posted:

She opened the door and all she saw was Lwaxana

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mr. Apollo posted:

She saw a Picard Season 4

I would run too

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Man, the "joke" about Deanna banging the changeling might have worked with the lines in the reverse order. "I can't really read changelings, so I knew immediately he wasn't you. Plus he was good at making pizza and bad in bed."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Facebook Aunt posted:

They are Augments. It is well established that humans can't make Augments without loving it up and making people with major brain problems. The changeling augments are hosed up. I assume the ones in masks are even more hosed up and can't properly hold a coherent solid form at all, they are uggos like the hand-ler.

But the masks are part of their bodies.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

CPColin posted:

Man, the "joke" about Deanna banging the changeling might have worked with the lines in the reverse order. "I can't really read changelings, so I knew immediately he wasn't you. Plus he was good at making pizza and bad in bed."

When Riker said "Just like me" i thought this was the original line. Then I realized they got it backwards.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Timby posted:

Also, reminder that the final two episodes are titled Vox and The Last Generation, and are directed by ... Terry Matalas, whose directing credits include four or five (largely mediocre) episodes of 12 Monkeys and ... that's it.

Oh geeze, Vox, Latin for "voice," meanwhile Locutus is Latin for "one who speaks."

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

ah yeah it was different

anyway i guess it's possible it's her. i think it sounds like beverly

Behind the red door, (I'm spoilering speculation because I'm including stuff from the clip) they're going to find Picard, dying. The past two seasons have all been a dream of the dying Picard, picking up directly from the end of season 1. He was never actually robotified and Riker managed to warp him home after the events of the episode, but he never gained consciousness. The cast of TNG is there and are trying to establish a connection with him to help him to move on from his life. Jack is Picard, and Troi is trying to reach out to him to calm him. The voices he hears are those of his friends around him mixed with voices from his past. He gets to wake up one last time and have a death scene with the TNG crew (including Data, who never actually wanted to die and was the one put in the golem body instead of Picard.) He dies at the end of the episode.

The last episode will be Picard's funeral. Frontier Day is actually about (or is doubling as) honoring Picard for exploring the final frontier. Everybody is there, including most of Starfleet, the TNG cast, and the crew from season 1 and 2, none of which are dead, and Shaw for some reason, and after the funeral they'll all visit the Enterprise-D bridge set on a holodeck to reminisce.

The last two seasons of the show will have essentially functioned as a long-term backdoor pilot for the show Matalas really wants to make, Star Trek: Legacy (basically the same as what happened with Discovery after Fuller left.) The reason everything has basically been on two sets this season is to save money for the expensive effects shots with all the ships in the finale, building the bridges of the Enterprise-D and the Titan-A/Stargazer (the latter in hopes they would be used in the spinoff), and for the cost of having such a large cast for the finale. The new show would be called Legacy because it is about honoring the legacy of those that have gone before or some such bullshit.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

pyrotek posted:

Behind the red door, (I'm spoilering speculation because I'm including stuff from the clip) they're going to find Picard, dying. The past two seasons have all been a dream of the dying Picard, picking up directly from the end of season 1. He was never actually robotified and Riker managed to warp him home after the events of the episode, but he never gained consciousness. The cast of TNG is there and are trying to establish a connection with him to help him to move on from his life. Jack is Picard, and Troi is trying to reach out to him to calm him. The voices he hears are those of his friends around him mixed with voices from his past. He gets to wake up one last time and have a death scene with the TNG crew (including Data, who never actually wanted to die and was the one put in the golem body instead of Picard.) He dies at the end of the episode.

The last episode will be Picard's funeral. Frontier Day is actually about (or is doubling as) honoring Picard for exploring the final frontier. Everybody is there, including most of Starfleet, the TNG cast, and the crew from season 1 and 2, none of which are dead, and Shaw for some reason, and after the funeral they'll all visit the Enterprise-D bridge set on a holodeck to reminisce.

The last two seasons of the show will have essentially functioned as a long-term backdoor pilot for the show Matalas really wants to make, Star Trek: Legacy (basically the same as what happened with Discovery after Fuller left.) The reason everything has basically been on two sets this season is to save money for the expensive effects shots with all the ships in the finale, building the bridges of the Enterprise-D and the Titan-A/Stargazer (the latter in hopes they would be used in the spinoff), and for the cost of having such a large cast for the finale. The new show would be called Legacy because it is about honoring the legacy of those that have gone before or some such bullshit.

nope it's riker on the holodeck again

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i think it's gonna open up to an enterprise-D corridor. these are the voyages part ii

e: or a romulan holodeck lol

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

pyrotek posted:

It can’t be this because I actually kinda like it.

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

The voice...

Picard must defeat Locutus in a sing-off, improvising lyrics to the TNG theme

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Actual Satan posted:

The voice...

Picard must defeat Locutus in a sing-off, improvising lyrics to the TNG theme
Also Q is the judge

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

pyrotek posted:

See I would like that and it'd make the past three season's stupidity acceptable, so it literally cannot be that. Much like my #1 wish for Q showing up was him retconning s1.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Because the actor was so put off by season 2 the role of Q will be played by a sentient cloud.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Boxturret posted:

Because the actor was so put off by season 2 the role of Q will be played by a sentient cloud.

Bring back the orb snakes!

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen more full-CGI actor replacements for this kind of nostalgia bait stuff, especially niche cameos for actors who have died. Normally that would come across as fairly gauche, but... *gestures at everything* I don't think that would be a huge concern here. Pulling Mark Lenard or Andreas Katsulas out of the digital grave a la Peter Cushing would be entirely on-brand. Maybe it's still too expensive to do it well, IDK.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Don't worry, William Shatner sold his digital likeness years ago. There's a reason Daystrom had his body.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Maybe it's still too expensive to do it well, IDK.

It is for the money they're throwing at Picard, I think.

It will not be in a few years.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen more full-CGI actor replacements for this kind of nostalgia bait stuff, especially niche cameos for actors who have died. Normally that would come across as fairly gauche, but... *gestures at everything* I don't think that would be a huge concern here. Pulling Mark Lenard or Andreas Katsulas out of the digital grave a la Peter Cushing would be entirely on-brand. Maybe it's still too expensive to do it well, IDK.

You need to keep your curses to yourself, unspoken

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Tars Tarkas posted:

The borg queen replaced Picard's sperm with borg babies but he only had sex that one time so there is only Jack Crusher to worry about.

Smash cut to a pregnant Laris waiting at the bar for Picard after the credits

Oh jeez, imagine if that was how borg assimilated people. That would be terrifying.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
Eight. Eight episodes into this poo poo fest and the big villain hasn't been revealed. I know it's been hammered to death in this thread by this point, but I just cannot wrap my head around how bad this has failed at basic story telling.

New series proposal: Quarks. It's a complete rip off of Cheers with Quark running the bar. The series takes place entirely in the bar to save production costs.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Deepfake Shatner teams up with Golem Picard to fight dead-Picard-now-resurrected-as-LocutusVox.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

I'm positive Jack is a new type of Borg. In the 3rd episode, the very first time we see the tendrils is when he sees them coming out of Seven and she says, "Connect the branches. We will be together soon." It's when he's passing out from hypoxia.

CaptainSkinny fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 9, 2023

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Earth going to get blown up.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

happyhippy posted:

Earth going to get blown up.

About drat time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'll say this about the MCU and Star Wars, poo poo isn't generally dark unless it is like night or space or something, even then you can still see poo poo. Star Trek for some reason thinks darkness makes things more serious.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
In the final scene, the crew of the Titan realize the only way they can win is to beat the dead body of Picard.

It's like poetry.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Mike the TV posted:

In the final scene, the crew of the Titan realize the only way they can win is to beat the dead body of Picard.

It's like poetry.

The final battle culminates in a scene where the entire TNG crew kick and punch the lifeless body of Picard 1.0 as the TNG theme triumphantly crescendos.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

twistedmentat posted:

I'll say this about the MCU and Star Wars, poo poo isn't generally dark unless it is like night or space or something, even then you can still see poo poo. Star Trek for some reason thinks darkness makes things more serious.

I wouldn’t mind the current level of darkness in episode 8 if it weren’t indistinguishable from the condition-green, routine operations level of darkness in episode 1

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The final battle culminates in a scene where the entire TNG crew kick and punch the lifeless body of Picard 1.0 as the TNG theme triumphantly crescendos.

"We should have done this a long time ago."

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I hope Jack is actually past Picard, and he's going through a Tapestry kind of experience. Last episode has Q asking if he really wants to survive getting stabbed in the heart, and he just says "nah," and dies. Cut to black. The end.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

The Chairman posted:

I wouldn’t mind the current level of darkness in episode 8 if it weren’t indistinguishable from the condition-green, routine operations level of darkness in episode 1

If they turn the lights on anyone in space could track them, they don’t have curtains

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

killer crane posted:

I hope Jack is actually past Picard, and he's going through a Tapestry kind of experience. Last episode has Q asking if he really wants to survive getting stabbed in the heart, and he just says "nah," and dies. Cut to black. The end.

Matalas already confirmed on Twitter that it's More Borg poo poo. He said that Vadic's line about how it was appropriate that Seven was there to witness her thwarted reveal of What Jack Crusher Really Is was the big clue of the episode that everybody missed somehow because Terry really sucks a seeding plot points into his show. So yes, we are swerving hard right into one last scoop of Borg nonsense before we finally, hopefully forever, drop the curtain on TNG.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Wait a second. Why are there any changelings on the Titan at all? Seven days they've been there since before they picked up anyone. How did they know Picard and Riker would commandeer the Titan if they didn't even know about Beverly's signal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Changelings infiltrated all of starfleet, so they probably have at least one person on most ships.