Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
that was a game of football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ramsdale MOTM

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Any other season and that's a good point at Anfield.

Now we need a loving point at the Etihad.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
gently caress me what a match

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

What a game

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Goddamn, both sides easily could've scored another couple

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
gg. hope arsenal go on to win all their games this season gently caress city

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Farteta

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Should have put it beyond doubt in the first half.

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
loving hell.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Getting the nerves about this title

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
lmao at the Salah flop too btw

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I just made a lot of Gary Neville noises

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
happy to have a point I guess, but I really hope we didn't cost Arsenal the title because gently caress Man City imo

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

not sure whether that was an always arsenalling or a liverpoo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Bonus points should be awarded for providing good games IMO, 5 each

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Great match. Ramsdale, Gabriel were immense today.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Arsenal tried their best to do an Arsenal but lucky for them they couldn’t quite do it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

Bonus points should be awarded for providing good games IMO, 5 each

:hmmyes:

at the end of each matchday a panel of 1 fan from each team decides which was the best match and both teams get an extra point

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Thanks Ants posted:

Getting the nerves about this title

I still believe

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Game status: funny and old

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

sourdough posted:

I still believe

I have to believe

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Idk about the kiwior substitution though, odegaard could've been the difference in nicking a goal

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Holy poo poo, seeing the linesman elbow on robertson

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
great game that. all it was missing was a red card

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I believe we can beat City

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Nuclear Spoon posted:

great game that. all it was missing was a red card

retroactive red for the linesman

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I’ll pay the lino’s fine for him

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Masonity posted:

Should have put it beyond doubt in the first half.

This, should have been a comfortable 4-0 win

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

This, should have been a comfortable 4-0 win

ramsdale is the only reason it wasn’t a comfortable 4-2 win

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Needed some more brain to go with the heart today, definite chance of scoring at least one in the second half

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

sourdough posted:

Idk about the kiwior substitution though, odegaard could've been the difference in nicking a goal

Arteta’s substitutions were poo poo. Trossard and Tierney needed to come on earlier, Jorginho should have came on to help calm things down after that. Throw on Nelson or Smith Rowe to get some pace. Saka in particular was exhausted by the 80th minute.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I’m glad Xhaka decided to wake the Liverpool players up haha but seriously we should have won that.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

sourdough posted:

Holy poo poo, seeing the linesman elbow on robertson

looks like robertson goes to grab the lino's arm at half-time, the lino flicks his arm up to push him away and catches him in the face

flagman is innocent and players need to stop grabbing refs

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

it looks worse because he doesn't stop and apologise, though, just gonna keep throwing sick elbows and teeps on the way back to the referee's toilet and if any players get in my way then I'm just gonna tell howard that I'm dutch

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Mean Baby posted:

Arteta’s substitutions were poo poo. Trossard and Tierney needed to come on earlier, Jorginho should have came on to help calm things down after that. Throw on Nelson or Smith Rowe to get some pace. Saka in particular was exhausted by the 80th minute.

Got to agree. Not sure how I feel. Think we might have come away with 3 points if the sub choices were better. Feels like Arteta naivety struck again with the decisions. Kiwior on was extremely odd.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
It feels like Arteta instructed the entire team to sit deep and play on the counter for the entire second half, which has never really been their game.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
If the linesmans a player, doesnt matter if its accidental, he's raised his arm etc

But he's a linesman dunno what the rules are maybe theyre allowed to bodyslam players left right and centre and it just counts as interaction with the playing field and you can't send the pitch off.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I don't buy the explanation that the linesman didn't elbow Robertson on purpose, but Robertson did start it by grabbing the guys arm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I think I’m gonna die