Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Cody fulfilled 15 wishes on Wrestlemania weekend, failed to fulfill one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

nick aldis lmfao

What is with HHH's obsession with TNA's main event scene during the 2010s?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

someusername posted:

smart marks have been overtaken by cluck marks

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

bartok posted:

What is with HHH's obsession with TNA's main event scene during the 2010s?

Unironically, on average TNA/Impact has been better than WWE for most of the past 20 years and the IWC can't handle it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

Unironically, on average TNA/Impact has been better than WWE for most of the past 20 years and the IWC can't handle it.

:agreed:

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

How many people posted in the WWE threads in the last couple weeks? That many.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

15 wishes for Roman to win

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

Come on now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The only Impact show in the last five years I can say I've watched and been disappointed by was their most recent PPV, and even that was mostly because their world champ tore his tricep off and had to vacate. Otherwise great matches and/or comedy

They even killed off Eric Young at the end of last year just so HHH could sign him and do nothing with him, so the comedy isn't even limited to just being onscreen

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I would listen to your argument, but 20 years is a bit of a stretch. Isn't there like straight up an entire decade of Russo, Bischoff and Hogan bullshit in there?

Post-Anthem acquisition and the Impact rebranding, so like, the last seven or so? Yeah, absolutely, no question. 2017-18 is also when WWE really, REALLY fell off a cliff creatively.

At the very least, I would have absolutely no trouble believing Impact has been unambiguously better than WWE since D'Amore took over, which has been at least five years now.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/veermahaan/status/1644806043174592512?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I could be argued into 5 years. 20? No way, that is some dire TNA.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

it's hilarious cody lost the main event and became just another in a long list of wasted opportunities for roman's reign but the make a wish stuff is great and I'm glad he takes the time to do them so I'm not gonna make a joke outta that

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

What's Vear Mahan doing in the Impact Zone?!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

I could be argued into 5 years. 20? No way, that is some dire TNA.

Daniels/Joe/Styles was 18!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There's definitely some dire stuff in the last 20 years of TNA, but honestly, how much of WWE is any loving better besides like, a few months in 2013 where you had The Shield, Punk, Bryan and AJ Lee all on the show at the same time. Besides that, it's just a massive wasteland with maybe one or two parts of the show that doesn't suck complete rear end.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

it's hilarious cody lost the main event and became just another in a long list of wasted opportunities for roman's reign but the make a wish stuff is great and I'm glad he takes the time to do them so I'm not gonna make a joke outta that

That's really nice of you.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Usually when Impact was bad it was really easy to laugh at or they had good wrestling somewhere else on the show. There are much longer stretches of WWE just being bad and having no redeeming qualities

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

MJeff posted:

I would listen to your argument, but 20 years is a bit of a stretch. Isn't there like straight up an entire decade of Russo, Bischoff and Hogan bullshit in there?

Post-Anthem acquisition and the Impact rebranding, so like, the last seven or so? Yeah, absolutely, no question. 2017-18 is also when WWE really, REALLY fell off a cliff creatively.

At the very least, I would have absolutely no trouble believing Impact has been unambiguously better than WWE since D'Amore took over, which has been at least five years now.

There were absolutely terrible times in TNA, but even when the booking was poo poo you still consistently got great in-ring stuff from guys like AJ, Daniels, Joe, Angle, Christian, Beer Money. And it's personal taste but I prefer "so bad it's memorable" to "bland and boring" so I liked stuff like Homicide getting stuck at the top of the cage like Pooh Bear, and Bischoff selling for a bird, Joker Sting, etc than the Cena decade long death march push.

But yeah since D'Amore took over there's still some poo poo I'd prefer was lessened on the show but they give you at least one banger a week and the show is booked like how you'd attempt to book a wrestling promotion, which puts it ahead of later year Vince.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I implore some of you to find out what Dire Pro Wrestling Television truly means and watch some Russo/Hogan/Carter/Aces and 8’s-era TNA.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Guest host era though

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Suplex Liberace posted:

Guest host era though

Gave us this though

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

And this

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

simple pictures, wheres the matches?!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

That time when they did manage to get movie star Dwayne Johnson back in a wrestling ring to stand next to Roman Reigns and raise his hand in triumph, it got The Rock booed.

I doubt it's the main reason Rock is not coming back, but it could be part of it.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GYVKG75SdU

tna, tna, tna

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

dolph looks like jarrett in this pic

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

dolph looks like jarrett in this pic

Ain't he mid :)

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

tna looking pretty hype, love sloppy old man wrestling

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

They even killed off Eric Young at the end of last year just so HHH could sign him and do nothing with him, so the comedy isn't even limited to just being onscreen

How are they meant to use him if he's dead?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

NienNunb posted:

I implore some of you to find out what Dire Pro Wrestling Television truly means and watch some Russo/Hogan/Carter/Aces and 8’s-era TNA.

The average episode from the bischoff and hogan era is better than the worst of vince mcmahon's triple power hour

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

zetamind2000 posted:

The average episode from the bischoff and hogan era is better than the worst of vince mcmahon's triple power hour

:agreed:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

This is loving beautiful art and I'm sorry it took me this long to see this.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

zetamind2000 posted:

I didn’t watch any of TNA but people still laugh and make fun of a lot of things from that era whereas I don’t think anyone will ever remember anything that happened during 2018-2021 WWE. I’d rather watch something laughably bad than the most boring shows of all time

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

zetamind2000 posted:

Not at all

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
weird that people can have different opinions and all. I'll happily take hogan era TNA over the worst year of WWE in 20 years

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Joker Sting alone is literally the most I've ever liked Sting talking

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lol I didn't realize I still had Twitch notifications and/or was following Austin Creed's channel. He's back streaming Da Party playing Uno! Ha

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
on the plus side at least those kids learned that this is the big dogs yard oo ah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I didn’t watch any of TNA but people still laugh and make fun of a lot of things from that era whereas I don’t think anyone will ever remember anything that happened during 2018-2021 WWE. I’d rather watch something laughably bad than the most boring shows of all time

Raw Underground was memorably bad, imo.