Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

MrQwerty posted:

*Seth posts a button, silently. Cherry blossoms fall around him while a tear falls from his eye.*

"Namaste."

If a year falls from my eye then I hate to see where a day comes out of

E: oh you rat you fixed it just as I quoted you lmao still keeping this tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Be Anime Seth, encompass it

Namaste

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Anime Seth *is* blood, yesssss.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Seth Pecksniff posted:

:sweep:

It's explicitly against the feedback rules to attack other posters. I'd remind y'all to read them again

feedback: get rid of this rule and let us attack other posters when the situation demands it

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Jokes aside I think there is a bit of a problem of non regulars running straight to SAD when they see something in GBS they don't like and kicking up a stink about it, even when GBS regulars have like no problems with it. I posted an a fairly reasonable defence of the kirbykhan probe which several people agreed with, and the best the "other side" could come up with was "yeah kirbys done this 7 times before and been told specifically by a mod 5 times to stop but you see the trolling is marginally entertaining so its actually fine and he shouldnt be punished this much" an argument the admins agreed with for some reason and unprobed him, so he immiediately went back to the thread to continue trolling and getting warned again to cut it out by an IK.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Drone_Fragger posted:

Jokes aside I think there is a bit of a problem of non regulars running straight to SAD when they see something in GBS they don't like and kicking up a stink about it, even when GBS regulars have like no problems with it. I posted an a fairly reasonable defence of the kirbykhan probe which several people agreed with, and the best the "other side" could come up with was "yeah kirbys done this 7 times before and been told specifically by a mod 5 times to stop but you see the trolling is marginally entertaining so its actually fine and he shouldnt be punished this much" an argument the admins agreed with for some reason and unprobed him, so he immiediately went back to the thread to continue trolling and getting warned again to cut it out by an IK.
This. There's been guidance against poo poo stirring between forums, but when poo poo stirrers obviously try to brigade threads, it seems like mods' hands are tied. This seems exclusively because the poo poo stirrers then whine incessantly enough about it and berate the mods until, inexplicably, mods give in rather than ban the poo poo stirring drama llamas.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Imo if sad brings up something specific to a particular subforum, the mods / admins should also bring the discussion to that forum's feedback thread to gauge if it actually is an issue before making a decision. That seems very common sense.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

The admins do talk to us before making a decision on most SAD threads regarding subforum issues (unless it's familiar to them), so they're not making decisions blindly. We do have input on things. At the end of the day they make their decisions and we as mods try to follow them as best we can.

It may need to be a process case where an issue is brought to the attention of that forum's mods before going to SAD, I dunno. It's something I can certainly bring up to staff, because I'm not certain everything needs to be a SAD thread. That being said, the forum is kinda quiet right now so it may be the case that getting rid of the known drama elementals combined with more feedback threads is claiming things down.

I'm not necessarily against non-regulars bringing issues up. They have an outside perspective and sometimes because we all know each other we can be blind to issues that crop up. For instance, with a certain past poster it was brought to my attention by a non-regular that they were actually a permabanned account by combing through a few things that I hadn't known about because I wasn't a mod and it was while I was in the wilderness and off SA. That sort of stuff is helpful to us.

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 8, 2023

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Probably should merge the forums with Gbs tbh

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Nm

Spinz fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 8, 2023

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It's explicitly against the feedback rules to attack other posters. I'd remind y'all to read them again

That’s fair but VVG isn’t a poster they’re a post-reporter who happens to post so all of this should be considered above board

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Bring back namechange threads. Let me run a namechange thread. I would assign names like "The Sequel to Beans", "Darkest Diapers", and "Grammaton Grandma"

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The sequel to beans is a good name lol

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Nooner posted:

The sequel to beans is a good name lol

:gas:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Yeah let's do a name thread I'm about ready to move on from this nickname I briefly had in highschool 20 years ago

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah, I made that post because I would like the mods to change my username to The Sequel to Beans

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
A new name? Goodness, however would I find myself again?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Seth is trying to sleep please don't abuse this feedback thread!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

deep dish peat moss posted:

Bring back namechange threads. Let me run a namechange thread. I would assign names like "The Sequel to Beans", "Darkest Diapers", and "Grammaton Grandma"

There's been discussion of them in the past, we just haven't gotten around to it yet. Would love it to happen tho!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Seth Pecksniff posted:

There's been discussion of them in the past, we just haven't gotten around to it yet. Would love it to happen tho!

just do it you cowards!! i dont think i would get my name changed cuz its wayyyy too epic but i love good usernames

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
and also getting confused as to who's who thats fun

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
:gas: gbs

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Actual feedback not based on forum drama: Pin less threads in GBS.

Desktop vs mobile blah blah but new thread discoverability is hampered when the front page always looks like this:

Let threads live their natural life cycle

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Yeah i try to give threads chances but also forget they're there at times

I unstuck two of them; should make for a cleaner experience

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

rules thread delenda est

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Ok playtimes over, time to move the book fair forum to the bottom of the list

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lolling @ you nerds that can’t handle the book thread being on top lmao a BLOO BLOO I can’t handle change lmao

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lolling @ you nerds that can’t handle the book thread being on top lmao a BLOO BLOO I can’t handle change lmao

Queuing a sixer for e-bullying

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

it's explicitly against the rules to attack other posters like this

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
More like Book Unfair.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I frequently misclick on it, my reactions aren't what they used to be.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Charles Bukowski posted:

I frequently misclick on it, my reactions aren't what they used to be.

Eh I was was being facetious although it probably came off a little aggro :shrug:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I want to play on your sympathies because I'm old and my hands are old and they don't know what they're doing half the time anymore. That I made it back here to post this is frankly an Easter miracle, and also I'm pretty toasted for 16 hours a day rn.

Its okay, I figured out a way around it, I'm sure Seth will like it too. I can just stick to my favourited threads and not worry about navigating XD :420: :lol: :420:

I can't actually because there's only 5 things in there rn and this is one of them. Maybe I'll stumble into one of those hobby threads.

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 10, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

We should probably close the UK thread and ban most of the active posters, especially the insanely powerhungry and abusive IKs. Just a miserable island full of the grumpiest wet blanket clout chasers you ever saw.

Is it possible to IP ban that whole region?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

With many apologies but we simply cannot close a thread and ban a region because you decided to walk across the Chunnel without a proper passport

The UK thread is its own little island and it's best to keep them contained there lest they spread out and infect the rest of the population with their Britishness

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Smugworth posted:

We should probably close the UK thread and ban most of the active posters, especially the insanely powerhungry and abusive IKs. Just a miserable island full of the grumpiest wet blanket clout chasers you ever saw.

Is it possible to IP ban that whole region?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

With many apologies but we simply cannot close a thread and ban a region because you decided to walk across the Chunnel without a proper passport

The UK thread is its own little island and it's best to keep them contained there lest they spread out and infect the rest of the population with their Britishness

I guess it's true what they say over there,

Disappointing.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Smugworth posted:

I guess it's true what they say over there,

Disappointing.

lmao

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i've read that the word "oval office" is reserved for commonwealth threads. noticing that there is no canada thread yet, thinking to start one and use the word "oval office" in the title, namecall some moderators and then post "oval office" frequently within. thoughts?