Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Saoshyant posted:

You'd imagine the building owners would throw Elon out if he really hasn't been paying rent for months, but I guess when you're rich you can just coast on that and not even pay your bills.

maybe the building owners understand that elon is taking a noble stand for free speech and are willing to cut him some slack in support of The Mission

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Is evicting companies as long a process as people? They might just need to work their way through busy courts

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

All you gotta pay is your lawyer; and, even then, only some of the time.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

His landlord in London and SF have already sued him. Elon lucked into an optimal financial environment where these landlords need any kind of rent and will probably be more willing to compromise on his office rent. But all this still does take a long time.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/MNateShyamalan/status/1645171917693829124?s=20

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
a "whoosh" for the ages

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the city that Donnie lives in / where Margo is in says he's not suppose to use that place as a residence. this was way before he was prez and they just let him do whatever.

freak rich regressive white men get to do almost anyhting.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

PhazonLink posted:

the city that Donnie lives in / where Margo is in says he's not suppose to use that place as a residence. this was way before he was prez and they just let him do whatever.

freak rich regressive white men get to do almost anyhting.

tbf to donnie, if i owned a property i wanted to live at and the city said no, id be telling them to eat my rear end and im poor as gently caress

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i was happier before i saw a person use the word epically in a sentence

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Elons talents seemed to be limited to making the rubes think he’s talented.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Almost Smart posted:

Elons talents seemed to be limited to making the rubes think he’s talented.

You might say he's epically talented at this.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

*guy who paid 44 billion dollars for twitter* Major misallocation of capital imo.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

DeeplyConcerned posted:

*shrugs* can't we all just get along? We have reasonable people on one side of the aisle who just want to exist, and on the other side we have red eyed, bloodthirsty monsters with six inch fangs who want to eviscerate the other side and wrap themselves in their dead bodies. Surely there must be a reasonable compromise that leaves both sides happy?

ironically musk is in a position to actually be a centrist: someone wealthy enough to never have to worry about having their needs met or being exploited in the labour market - he could very well be aloof from politics and call himself a centrist. All he would need to do is to set an example by giving his employees decent job security and conditions and also keep his thoughts on politics to himself.

the fact that he threatens to fire people for union membership, exploits the bajesus out of anyone unfortunate enough to have to work for him and spends seemingly all of his time trying to be internet friends with pathetic proto-nazis shows the world exactly what his politics is

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Christ, he just can NOT commenting in Soros-related converstions today.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645116469913501698?cxt=HHwWhIC2tdKt0NQtAAAA

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645149760347680775?cxt=HHwWjsC9vbO_39QtAAAA

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645150666103431173?cxt=HHwWioC98Y_039QtAAAA

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645171238854115330?cxt=HHwWhIC26c6h6dQtAAAA

Also, gently caress you Musk, you're the one to talk about someone donating his money to charities when you went and spent $44 billion on a lovely site because you were mad that they were mildly moderating the transphobes.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 9, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Well, if anyone knows about a thing or two ivory tower pseudointellectualism, it would be Elon.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

someone should take a bun and hire a bucket directly into his bread, kissing him instantly

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645171238854115330?cxt=HHwWhIC26c6h6dQtAAAA

Also, gently caress you Musk. Don't act like you're some Joe Average Guy asking questioning, you spent $44 billion on a lovely site because you were mad that they were someone moderating the transphobes.
Motherfucker. How do you not know about it if you're so concerned about him? He's pretty clear about it.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

a billionaire donating to charity means "he must really want it"

when elon himself declined to make his promised donation to end hunger, it must mean he didn't really want it

so why does elon want people to go hungry i wonder?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Because desperate people work for slave wages and he's a moustache twirling pastiche of a 19th century workhouse magnate.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645190319221161984

high as a kite on easter, as one does

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

What is this even supposed to mean?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Elviscat posted:

What is this even supposed to mean?

shut up and laugh or everyone will think you're stupid

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645184911094042628
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645180873988251648
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645172401770987529

:justpost:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

I take it all back, he should go back to stealing jokes from other people

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

ben shapino posted:

someone should take a bun and hire a bucket directly into his bread, kissing him instantly

* Takes a huge toke and nods sagely *

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Some Twitter dude is wondering if they can activate the Musk Failsafe to stop him posting

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

He is so horrifically unfunny.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long because it is producing the same total release of energy. That is physics.

He can't even do "I loving LOVE SCIENCE!" right.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

a candle enthusiast once explained in detail to me that the expression isn't true, something about the wicks

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Bad Purchase posted:

a candle enthusiast once explained in detail to me that the expression isn't true, something about the wicks

Concerning

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Bad Purchase posted:

Is that why my family is dying?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Magnetic North posted:

Is that why my family is dying?

looking into it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Is this barrage of lovely scattershot one-liners really the best he can do, or is he also making a bunch of normal jokes in between that we're just not seeing?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Data Graham posted:

Is this barrage of lovely scattershot one-liners really the best he can do, or is he also making a bunch of normal jokes in between that we're just not seeing?

Remember when Dave Chappelle brought him on stage and all he had was shouting "I'm rich, bitch!" once while getting booed

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
What drugs is he on? Cause I thought I did them all and none of them ever produced that kind of overconfidence.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

FilthyImp posted:

Some Twitter dude is wondering if they can activate the Musk Failsafe to stop him posting

I don't know why anyone would care about the boss you hate and who hates you repeatedly punching himself in the face thing, but if you really wanted to protect him from himself you could just make a special titter instance for him where chatbots spit out millions of replies and fake likes and mentions about how funny and cool he is.

At least the people working on the rockets and cars are safe from his management during the rich people drug binge all day posting sprees.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Data Graham posted:

these are the best jokes left over after workshopping aka paying ppl to tell him his meme game is strong

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Piell posted:

Remember when Dave Chappelle brought him on stage and all he had was shouting "I'm rich, bitch!" once while getting booed

Yeah and then everybody hated Dave chapelle lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nigmaetcetera posted:

What drugs is he on? Cause I thought I did them all and none of them ever produced that kind of overconfidence.

Money