Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the next welterweight title shot?
This poll is closed.
Colby Covington 2 3.51%
Belal Muhammad 17 29.82%
Shavkat Rakhmonov 3 5.26%
Matt Serra 26 45.61%
Marius Zaromskis 4 7.02%
Ben Quadrinaros 5 8.77%
Total: 57 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Marching Powder posted:

'haha, your father is hurt badly!' taunts israel adesanya, who is not mad.

speaking of extremely not mad :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

if bellator gets bought, i assume scott coker will go and start "punchman f.c." or whatever and do it all over again like an MMA sisyphus

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

I like being petty as much as anyone but that's some small dick energy.

Ya what was his rear end in a top hat kid doing in that ring to begin with?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

AndyElusive posted:

Ya what was his rear end in a top hat kid doing in that ring to begin with?

People's family often get in the cage/ring after a title fight. Last night Izzy's family was in there.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Maybe the kid should appreciate a good joke

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crepeface posted:

lmfao Izzy is such a petty dick

when he talked about it in the post-fight he openly said "man....i'm such a petty rear end in a top hat...i'm real petty...."

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eat This Glob posted:

if bellator gets bought, i assume scott coker will go and start "punchman f.c." or whatever and do it all over again like an MMA sisyphus

he'll weasel his way into PFL and drive that into the ground as well

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Maybe the kid should appreciate a good joke

Lol

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Does Adesanya have a son of his own? This feud better continue with the next generation.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Pereira's son is going to grow up and challenge Israel now.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Stealth Tiger posted:

Does Adesanya have a son of his own? This feud better continue with the next generation.

Holy poo poo, yes. Yes.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/1645259061007642624?t=

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fozzy The Bear posted:

People's family often get in the cage/ring after a title fight. Last night Izzy's family was in there.

How many of them were going over to Pereira to mock him for being KO'd tho?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Mekchu posted:

How many of them were going over to Pereira to mock him for being KO'd tho?

How many were literally children? Serious question.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

when i see a child mocking a grown man losing a professional contest i am amused.

when i see an adult professional mocking a child who just witnessed his father get badly hurt i am also amused but for other reasons.

let's just say that kid got loving owned and if you count the pereiras as a unit the head to head is 3 to 2 lol

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

There's another angle where the kid is (understandly) crying ringside, and Izzy just loving mocks him lmao. I think it's replaced Tank Abbott mocking Jon Matua's fencing response as the most hilariously callous MMA moment ever

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
https://twitter.com/rakeshkarki_/status/1644966821135777792

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

You guys are talking about Alessandro Pereira like he's some poor toddler weeping at octagon side after his dad got ktfo. He's been watching his dad beat the poo poo out of grown men for years. I think he's gonna be ok with Israel throwing shade at him especially after they brought it up again on Embedded prior to the fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

You guys are talking about Alessandro Pereira like he's some poor toddler weeping at octagon side after his dad got ktfo. He's been watching his dad beat the poo poo out of grown men for years. I think he's gonna be ok with Israel throwing shade at him especially after they brought it up again on Embedded prior to the fight.

lmao

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Mekchu posted:

he'll weasel his way into PFL and drive that into the ground as well

He's going to find a way to get Fedor to fight against grab rider from the last fight circus and lose that too

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
disrespectful post fight celebrations rule. more fighters should go for them. if people get mad they can just blame it on the adrenaline anyway

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
What percentage of Izzy's training camp was devoted to miming pulling the bow off his shoulder and drawing arrows out of a quiver?
Easily 5% imo.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

alex's son crying as the coach - who doesn't stop humping poatan pretending to be knocked out - screams about how he's gotta 'get ready for izzy'

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

kimbo305 posted:

What percentage of Izzy's training camp was devoted to miming pulling the bow off his shoulder and drawing arrows out of a quiver?
Easily 5% imo.

10000% he's been practicing that since LOTR came out

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQuOMOyTA7o&t=393s

Timestamp. this is an insane strat.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
is it the lotion thing? I've been using that strat for years to reduce friction when I'm grappling (my penis)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Proposal: izzy should lose his belt more often since his fights as a contender are a million times more exciting than as champion

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

beep by grandpa posted:

Proposal: izzy should lose his belt more often since his fights as a contender are a million times more exciting than as champion

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Is it against the rules for a guy to go into a fight extremely well moisturized? I know they can’t go in with substances on them, but I didn’t know about lotion that comes out as you sweat.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

blue footed boobie posted:

Is it against the rules for a guy to go into a fight extremely well moisturized? I know they can’t go in with substances on them, but I didn’t know about lotion that comes out as you sweat.

Yeah. If they do the paper test and find grease I don't think they'll ask when the lotion went on.

Not that I've seen a ref do the paper test since Marquardt-Palhares.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I have a known condition where I'm pulsing cocoa butter.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

He puts the lotion on his skin
So he can win the belt again

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

They did both look very shiny in that fight. Thought it was because they were both just gassing.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

TheTofuShop posted:

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

TheTofuShop posted:

Lol

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Hannibal Lecter: "You know what you look like to me with your cocky callout videos and your cheap tattoos? You look like a Traveler. A well scrubbed, hustling Traveler with tacky taste. Good nutrition has given you some length of bone, but you’re not more than one generation from drunkenly lying in a pub every night that you used to be IRA, are you Conor McGregor? And that accent you’re trying so desperately to play up so you'll still get press coverage in the three-year breaks between fights – pure lower-class Dublin. What was your fiance, dear? Was she a waitress? Did she struggle during record unemployment to keep food on the table so you could play touchbutt in the park? And oh, how quickly Kavanagh found you. All those tedious, sticky fumblings in a warehouse that says "AIGHT BLAST CUM" while you could only dream of getting out. Getting anywhere. Getting all the way to the U.F.C."

Conor trying really hard not to cry: "oi... you'll do fookin' nuttin..."

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 10, 2023

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Bluedeanie posted:

Hannibal Lecter: "You know what you look like to me with your cocky callout videos and your cheap tattoos? You look like a Traveler. A well scrubbed, hustling Traveler with tacky taste. Good nutrition has given you some length of bone, but you’re not more than one generation from drunkenly lying in a pub every night that you used to be IRA, are you Conor McGregor? And that accent you’re trying so desperately to play up so you'll still get press coverage in the three-year breaks between fights – pure lower-class Dublin. What was your fiance, dear? Was she a waitress? Did she struggle during record unemployment to keep food on the table so you could play touchbutt in the park? And oh, how quickly Kavanagh found you. All those tedious, sticky fumblings in a warehouse that says "AIGHT BLAST CUM" while you could only dream of getting out. Getting anywhere. Getting all the way to the U.F.C."

Conor trying really hard not to cry: "oi... you'll do fookin' nuttin..."

:vince:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm having an old friend for dinner."

*camera pans out as Hannibal follows Johny Hendricks down this street while GSP says "eeeh... Dahctar Lectar?" 50 times on the other end of the phone*

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

don't make me look at that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Bluedeanie posted:

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm having an old friend for dinner."

*camera pans out as Hannibal follows Johny Hendricks down this street while GSP says "eeeh... Dahctar Lectar?" 50 times on the other end of the phone*

A USADA agent once tried to test me. I ate his liver with a Monster and some nice warm piss *aishaishaishaishaish*