Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Why does he write that? Because it works. Why does it work? Because people agree with it. Why do people agree with it? Why don't people dismiss that as nuts immediately upon reading it? What do you have to do to people in order to get them not to dismiss that as nuts? For how long must you do it? How did we not see this happening? Why did we keep treating Russia as a business partner and not as a genocidal potential aggressor? Did we want their oil and money just that much? Why yes! Yes we did.

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Apr 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Karate Bastard posted:

Why does he write that? Because it works. Why does it work? Because people agree with it. Why do people agree with it? Why don't people dismiss that as nuts immediately upon reading it? What do you have to do to people in order to get them not to dismiss that as nuts? For how long must you do it? How did we not see this happening? Why did we keep treating Russia as a business partner and not as a genocidal potential aggressor? Did we want their oil and money just that much? Why yes! Yes we did.

Actually the right was vehemently anti Russian until Trump's Russian ties. They are not even "the right" in my mind as an identity anymore, they don't even have their own ideas or principles. They're just "the anti-left". Everything now is just about liberal tears or whatever the gently caress. That's why it works. Because they know most everyone is on Ukraine's side so they've gotta be the opposite. Same with the extreme left dorks who think this is all some NATO imperialist orchestration, they just aim above all to be contrarian, to be the smartest person in the room who is the only one who knows the "real truth".

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

In the UK both labour and conservative parties had fiercely pro business as usual approaches to Russia.

Our big time time lawyers and accountants made us into the service economy we are by laundering oligarchs' funds through the Soviet collapse. If you have heard of the accounting Big 4, they were neck deep in it - and now dominate the entire world with no significant competition.

The conservatives were nakedly bribed, left-labour was obedient to the spectre of Lenin being waved around on a stick, and centrist-labour knew their law partner sons and daughters were making far too much money to rock the boat.

Thankfully, our defence establishment kept the faith because as far as they're concerned we have been in an imperial grudge match against Russia for the last 300 years.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Mein Amph(etamine abuse problem)

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

mobby_6kl posted:

Speaking of Medvedev, a very nice gentleman that I hope has a long and fulfilling life, Musky's new long-form tweets are already paying off

Is it projection, when has-been from a dying empire writes it?

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

GABA ghoul posted:

Mein Amph(etamine abuse problem)

Dimitri been smoking wee too much dimitri

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Dear Richardovich,

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Friend,

https://www.youtube.com/@zapovednik/videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-qRHYs2ldI&t=43s

Antigravitas fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Apr 9, 2023

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Strategic Tea posted:

In the UK both labour and conservative parties had fiercely pro business as usual approaches to Russia.

Our big time time lawyers and accountants made us into the service economy we are by laundering oligarchs' funds through the Soviet collapse. If you have heard of the accounting Big 4, they were neck deep in it - and now dominate the entire world with no significant competition.

The conservatives were nakedly bribed, left-labour was obedient to the spectre of Lenin being waved around on a stick, and centrist-labour knew their law partner sons and daughters were making far too much money to rock the boat.

Thankfully, our defence establishment kept the faith because as far as they're concerned we have been in an imperial grudge match against Russia for the last 300 years.

I'm still slightly weirded out by the fact the people clinging onto the Cold War ended up somewhat right. Though i'm fairly sure it was partly by accident.

The right in america are still vehemently anti china, correct? Hows that going to go down if anything kicks off over Taiwan?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
A lesson to learn from this is that it is really profitable to profit from supporting slavery and genocide in other countries, then whine about expenses when these turn into actual war, while at the same time profiting from arms production, thereby maintaining the moral high ground.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Roblo posted:

I'm still slightly weirded out by the fact the people clinging onto the Cold War ended up somewhat right. Though i'm fairly sure it was partly by accident.

The right in america are still vehemently anti china, correct? Hows that going to go down if anything kicks off over Taiwan?

That depends on whether or not Trump does a 180 and declares that they should suck up to China now to own the libs

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1645019679688146945

Kallikaa
Jun 13, 2001

Tigey posted:

Step 1 in non-woke army safety check - look straight down the barrel and pull trigger

https://twitter.com/TFBaguette/status/1638570279080280071

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1645038585781923841
Six separate smoking accidents were reported in Tokmak today.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Roblo posted:

Mitt "iron your shirt while wearing it" Romney was the brightest mind in Geopolitcs for a short while there. it happens. Its ok to recognize that russia's black hole of suck and destruction will attract a few stoppped clocks here and there.

naem
May 29, 2011

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

How long does it take?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Fair enough

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://t.me/strelkovii/4476

Igor Strelkov posted:

In my memory, in military history, such groups were created at the front for the last time in the Imperial Japanese Army, which had very few regular anti-tank weapons to fight American / English (and later Soviet) tanks, and their staffing was even lower (not talking about efficiency). Therefore, such "special groups of tank destroyers" were required, equipped, for a moment, ... "kamikaze". The task of such groups was to throw anti-tank mines under the tracks manually or on poles from close range, and even better (because it is more effective) - to throw mines under the tanks personally. The Japanese managed to knock out and even destroy a certain number of tanks in this way, but on the whole, this practice brought little benefit and never turned the tide of battles.
I hope that the Russian active army, saturated (thanks to the efforts of the Ministry of the Plywood Marshal) with anti-tank artillery, air-based anti-tank weapons and ATGMs of all types, will not fight modern enemy tanks in such an exotic way ... But the very creation of such groups is already under the personal leadership of the Deputy Minister defense - somehow annoying ...
Uhhhhh..... so what level of desperation do you need to be at on the field to reactivate this tactic? :confused:
It was in response to this (russian) news post
https://news.mail.ru/politics/55755778/

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
On a Russian scale I would say about 0. It's not like they were going to use those troops for anything useful anyway.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Just conscript all the Olympian discus throwers to toss the AT mines from a distance.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Vakal posted:

Just conscript all the Olympian discus throwers to toss the AT mines from a distance.

I also played Tiberium Sun.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Uhhh

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1645148701151711234?t=bbQXGloh8C68Po0wqxbn6g&s=19

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
Engine couldn't move all that cope.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

This is the most sad cope yet. All it would do is seal the fate of anyone inside if you hit it with so much as a rifle grenade.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

zone posted:

This is the most sad cope yet. All it would do is seal the fate of anyone inside if you hit it with so much as a rifle grenade.

I mean, not if the hatches are closed?

But yeah, that does not look healthy to be under if the hatches are open.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Roblo posted:

it helps that putin is also clinging onto the cold war. he's just another boomer grasping the reins until he's dead.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ArmZ posted:

it helps that putin is also clinging onto the cold war. he's just another boomer grasping the reins until he's dead.

Boomer problems require boomer solutions :getin:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah he'll probably get boomed.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/15490?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

you say red line, I say front line

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

mobby_6kl posted:

The mods are not happy with me--that's okay, I'll still keep posting on this garbage website!

Speaking of Medvedev, a very nice gentleman that I hope has a long and fulfilling life, Musky's new long-form tweets are already paying off

Nice meltdown

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1645175251632889856
Another glorious Russian "victory" erased. :laugh:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Happy to hear about those boiler houses.

Its never easy to get a boi-ho back up and running.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
I can't imagine the sorts of hours utility workers must be putting in to keep the lights on after Putin's many temper tantrums.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Sashimi posted:

I can't imagine the sorts of hours utility workers must be putting in to keep the lights on after Putin's many temper tantrums.

It's commendable and I can't help but admire Ukraine's unwavering resilience while also laughing my nuts off at the idea of Putin crawling up his loving walls apoplectic with rage every time someone reports "Ukraine still exists".

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Is the crater below it from a mine or did the driver try to go hull down in it and ended up stuck?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It hit a pothole and couldn't get out because all the Kontakt-1 bricks made it too heavy

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The kontakt 1 gets set off by the bump

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Asehujiko posted:

Is the crater below it from a mine or did the driver try to go hull down in it and ended up stuck?

Could be an intentional defensive position.

Or yeah blundered into a hole lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
It's definitely a defensive 'earthwork' although that label oversells it a bit. Maybe that's why all the kontakt is on top, as the rest is relatively well-protected. Not that that makes it any less stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/4rQKjWq.mp4