Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Her dream that the X-Men will blow up the moon grows ever more probable the more Summers they stuff up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
slott's beloved space orcs already did. lmao @ judgment war.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

She’s right and she should say it.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

X-Club #2 (2012)

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I enjoy that character but I imagine his shtick grows thin over time and the starfish thing is so gross.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nilbop posted:

I enjoy that character but I imagine his shtick grows thin over time and the starfish thing is so gross.

Pretty sure that run is only 5 or 6 issues

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Thor #31

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
have gronbekk's issues been good so far? i've enjoyed her other stuff so i'm slightly tempted to give her thor a try

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Thor #31

"Still"?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It's entirely plausible he forgot to bury their bones under a tree, and they were dead at the time.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Elfface posted:

It's entirely plausible he forgot to bury their bones under a tree, and they were dead at the time.

Oh yeah I just meant why choose a loving horse when you can have goats.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
The question should always be "Which option makes me look the most like an SNES Final Fantasy boss battle?"

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Oh yeah I just meant why choose a loving horse when you can have goats.

Thor gets goats for pulling his chariot and for dinner.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Sometimes painfully stupid is funny

https://twitter.com/aaronmeyers/status/1643265047391780869?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Journey into Mystery #64 (1961)

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

site posted:

have gronbekk's issues been good so far? i've enjoyed her other stuff so i'm slightly tempted to give her thor a try

I've been digging them so far. The writing has been as strong in her Thor issues as it was in any of the Valkyrie series.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Source: X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #81

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Marvel Universe vs. The Punisher #3 (2010)

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
From Saga #63 I always find it amusing when the Robot royal family have TV-heads from older style TVs. Also like the juxtaposition with the classical style Wreath figures

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I was about to call bullshit on there ever being a widescreen ratio CRT, let alone a wooden console widescreen CRT. Turns out the first half of that sentence is wrong, and there were several!

E: not that any of that affects how funny the panel is, which is "Plenty"

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

We had a widescreen CRT when I was a teenager. Australia went widescreen with its digital rollout, so that would've been around 2001? Plasmas were ultra expensive and still kinda iffy lifespan wise and they were still figuring out LCD TVs.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 6, 2023

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Stupid Freud and his popularization of thinking castration means to remove the penis.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Samovar posted:

Stupid Freud and his popularization of thinking castration means to remove the penis.

I can't for the life of me remember where it was, but I read a comic where a minor character's backstory is that he was mistaken for a rapist by the police and "chemically castrated". They describe the process as acid being injected into the scrotum and dissolving the testicles, which is not at all how it works. It was a pretty well-known writer too, iirc.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that was probably just the author's fetish.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Nipponophile posted:

I can't for the life of me remember where it was, but I read a comic where a minor character's backstory is that he was mistaken for a rapist by the police and "chemically castrated". They describe the process as acid being injected into the scrotum and dissolving the testicles, which is not at all how it works. It was a pretty well-known writer too, iirc.

Sounds like a very dark joke. Like, hearing "chemically castrated" you think at least that's better than what they used to do with horses, and then nope.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Oh hey, I found it. Surprise, it's Ennis.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/joe-soap/4005-41391/

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Read panels from right to left.

Kinnikuman Vol. 1 (1980)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Franken-Castle #18 (2010)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Blue Devil #22 (1986)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You know if I knew some dude was called Shoe, I would not expect the reason to be that.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I'd just imagine it was to do with him being a whiz at making shoes. So he can really sew that guy up!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

3D Megadoodoo posted:

You know if I knew some dude was called Shoe, I would not expect the reason to be that.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

God dammit, you beat me to it.

Generations of kids grew up not knowing or caring why this guy was called Shoe, or why a middle aged journalism burnout was on the funny pages next to Garfield.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

No more like one time in 9th grade he shat in a shoe or something. Or he's a friend of Bob Mortimer.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Punisher War Journal #15 (2008)

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Scott Wegener is so good. He knows what humans look like and says "No. We can do better."

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The World of Metropolis #2 (1988)

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Source: Marvel’s Voices #45

...Moondragon isn't emotionally stunted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Suleman posted:

Source: Marvel’s Voices #45

...Moondragon isn't emotionally stunted?

Maybe Emma meant to invite Moon Girl and is too embarrassed to admit it.