Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
having never actually met a trans person in real life (that they know of) they have spent years building up an imaginary one in their heads from half-remembered news stories and things they read on mumsnet/facebook/etc , an imaginary trans woman who is Ugly and Icky and gets off sexually from wearing a skirt and smelling the fetid piss and poo poo of (specifically female) strangers. once they may even have seen someone who was a bit tall in a bathroom and when they stared at the tall person for an extended period they looked a bit uncomfortable, that's proof so that is, they're everywhere

e: 125 is the atomic number of the yet-to-be-discovered element unbipentium. so there you go.

Angepain fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Angepain posted:

having never actually met a trans person in real life (that they know of) they have spent years building up an imaginary one in their heads from half-remembered news stories and things they read on mumsnet/facebook/etc , an imaginary trans woman who is Ugly and Icky and gets off sexually from wearing a skirt and smelling the fetid piss and poo poo of (specifically female) strangers. once they may even have seen someone who was a bit tall in a bathroom and when they stared at the tall person for an extended period they looked a bit uncomfortable, that's proof so that is, they're everywhere

As a tall cis woman with feet larger than most men I know, better at maths than most men I know, hate shopping for clothes & shoes, and with an extensive heavy metal collection, I fail the Real Woman test bigly. I've also been sexually assaulted by a cis female in the women's bogs in a dodgy pub in Bethnal Green (which shook me up quite as much as if she had been a man). The male friend I was with said I looked completely shocked when I came out of the bogs.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
As a cis man who's been using men's toilets for my entire life, I don't think I've ever once seen someone else's dick. It's even less likely you'd see a dick in the ladies loos because presumably everyone uses a cubical in there rather than urinals.

I'm assuming ladies don't typically wander around the sinks with their pants down but idk

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

This is the same group of people who came up with "what if i poo poo myself and need to wash my lovely knickers in the sink and a man sees me" so I would not make any assumptions about how they behave in public

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Thornberry on the Today programme unsurprisingly getting torn apart over Keith’s lovely adverts due to the unarguable point that Kieth was DPP during the period he claims the Tories weren’t cracking down enough.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The attack ads would be fine if they said the conservatives and explained it was due to cuts. Making it about rishi sunak being personally is really wierd ans is also then super easy to deflect. "Rishi, do you believe in locking nonces up"
"Well of course but that isnt always possible due to sentancing guidelines sey by kier when he was DPP"

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

LMAO I just read a BBC article about the MEP corruption scandal, where they almost entirely quote the lawyer of the accused guy and try to paint it as a conflict between Italy and Belgium, when it's just that guy trying to not go to jail.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65148600

Like Italy is plenty poo poo at times but maybe don't take the guy about to go to prison for corruption for his word.

BBC - Qatargate: Andrea Cozzolino's lawyer speaks to the BBC posted:

It's the corruption scandal stinking up the EU.

Suitcases filled with euros seized in Brussels flats. A number of MEPs locked up behind bars awaiting trial.

And now a battle over extradition between Belgian investigators and Italian judges.

Andrea Cozzolino, an MEP for Southern Italy since 2009, stands accused of taking bribes from foreign countries to influence the European Parliament - allegations he denies.

He is one of four current and former MEPs wrapped up in the Qatargate investigation, which centres around allegations that Qatar and Morocco paid a group based in Brussels to sway EU lawmakers.

Qatar has vehemently denied any wrongdoing, while Morocco has hit back at "judicial harassment" and "media attacks".

On 11 April judges will decide whether Mr Cozzolino, 60, will leave house arrest in the southern Italian city of Naples and be taken to a Belgian prison under a European Arrest Warrant.

But his lawyer has told the BBC the prosecutors are trying to "see if he cracks", and demands more details about the allegations against Mr Cozzolino - as well as reassurances his client's health won't suffer in a Belgian jail.

A parliamentary report in January said Mr Cozzolino was suspected of "protecting the interests of foreign states in the European Parliament... in exchange for sums of money".

Days later, prosecutors issued a European Arrest Warrant for the MEP. He was briefly taken into custody before being placed under house arrest.

But his lawyer Federico Conte told the BBC the warrant was "completely vague, partial and sometimes it even lacks transparency".

"Where did the corruption take place? When? Through what means - cash or bank transfers? From whom?" he said. "If the Belgian prosecutor has the proof of Mr Cozzolino's guilt, why don't they show it?"

"Our suspicion is that they think in jail Cozzolino... would be more inclined to confess or accuse others."

Mr Conte has also accused the Belgian prison service of being overcrowded, with "lacking and obsolete" facilities. According to the lawyer, Italian judges allowed Mr Cozzolino to stay at home because he has heart problems - and Mr Conte does not believe he would receive proper care in a Belgian prison.

The lawyer cited a 2022 Council of Europe report which highlighted "overcrowding" and "clearly insufficient" health services in four Belgian prisons, four years after the body called for Belgium to improve conditions for inmates, particularly at times when prison staff are on strike.

e: They do provide a counterpoint later on but come on. Edited because I was on my phone and couldn't quote since the BBC app doesn't allow it.

quote:

But Alberto Alemanno, professor of EU law at HEC Paris, dismissed Mr Conte's allegations as "fictitious". He accused him of "leveraging the health status of Mr Cozzolino in order to somehow tarnish... a very difficult investigation across Europe", arguing they were a delaying tactic.

"[These allegations] sound very useful to satisfy the private interest of an individual who is currently suspected of major breaches of the rule of law," he told the BBC.

Mr Alemanno described European Arrest Warrants as the "bread and butter" of European justice, and said Mr Cozzolino's attempts to challenge it were "very unusual" - adding that the Belgian investigation so far into the corruption allegations had been "extremely thorough", and that Belgian prisons compared favourably with others around Europe.

"[The prosecutors] are following the rules of the game, which basically stem from the European Court of Human Rights case law," he said.

Posting it here because it's what I find annoying sometimes about BBC world reporting. It can be a bit, well, sensationalist? I can't imagine the same article structure being used for a similar case in Britain.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Apr 10, 2023

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

better at maths than most men I know,

Maybe all public toilets should segregate by maths ability? A short series of touchscreen maths problem to be solved before your score determines which door opens. To keep everyone safe.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

smellmycheese posted:

Thornberry on the Today programme unsurprisingly getting torn apart over Keith’s lovely adverts due to the unarguable point that Kieth was DPP during the period he claims the Tories weren’t cracking down enough.

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1645321151235727360

:allears:

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I just love the predictable back and forth response to those ads. First they release them. Then they double down. Then they get worried that the thats going badly so they release some statements saying that Starmer never actually knew about them in the first place. Then they get worried about the indecision and double down again. Now we're going to swing back and someone specific is going to get blamed for this.

Its just funny how despite their lead they still look indecisive and weak, and its all for stupid poo poo like a completely unnecessary offensive advertising campaign when they're flying high in the polls. Its so stupid that I think it might be the starting point of a backlash against Starmer by the audience hes been trying to court.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/churnwell/status/1645330166774652928

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

The house dealer sells the most dangerous drug: property

Do not, my friends, become addicted to property. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

OwlFancier posted:

I mean I think the terfs are absolutely genuinely terrified of sharing a bathroom with trans people and absolutely constantly thinking about other people's genitals, but that's an argument against being a loving terf because the fear stems from terf brain not the other way around.

The number of places I've worked where there's just A Toilet used by everyone would apparently terrify a terf into utter catatonia.

I must remember to mention it as often and as loudly as I can.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GMB/status/1645335982814687232

:allears:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

The second half of that new slogan on the wall is quite confusing to me but I guess that's why I'm not a politician

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Gorn Myson posted:

I just love the predictable back and forth response to those ads. First they release them. Then they double down. Then they get worried that the thats going badly so they release some statements saying that Starmer never actually knew about them in the first place. Then they get worried about the indecision and double down again. Now we're going to swing back and someone specific is going to get blamed for this.

Someone is definitely getting fired for this (the person that keeps booking the inconsistent focus groups)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

She handles that well though yeah?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

wait, no nonce sense? is that right?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

sebzilla posted:

The second half of that new slogan on the wall is quite confusing to me but I guess that's why I'm not a politician

Tough on spicy nik naks, tough on the causes of spicy nik naks

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/mc_heckin_duff/status/1645334579492823041?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/stuwyatt/status/1645340732662718468

lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bastani is a bit melty but this is a fun find

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1645355261891080193?t=YMMQy5z6p_JfeZHd4dd0Ow&s=19

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Keith cravenly bootlicking the daily mail today and them still kicking him in the teeth is one of the more pathetic spectacles in modern politics

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

Keith cravenly bootlicking the daily mail today and them still kicking him in the teeth is one of the more pathetic spectacles in modern politics

Fortunately I am fueled by schadenfreude

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The Crime Tolerator Non-Tolerator has logged on

https://twitter.com/stevereedmp/status/1645303707817345026?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Bad news for all of us that enjoy tolerating crime I’m sure

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Its like Labour think they've found the antisemitism scandal for the right.

I'm just amazed. Given minorities and those without power being utterly hosed by the justice system since time immemorial. With decades and decades of proof and entire social movements coming about because of it and massive institutional scandals about racism, sexism, and bigotry of all kinds being factually endemic in the police. The public has never been more aware that "throw more people in jail" does not work, has never worked and will never work. They decide THIS is the time to dig their heels in.

What the gently caress. How are they this dumb?

As said above Bastani is a bit melty, but downstream had Ash on it and was pretty good yesterday. https://youtu.be/oz3pqVHZZ5M

Pretty much rightly points the finger at the centrists and the media as the actual problem. Plus some good behind the scenes stories of how insanely deranged they can be.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

smellmycheese posted:

https://twitter.com/stevereedmp/status/1645303707817345026?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Tough on those who tolerate crime, eh?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Kier is a gimp

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
He has absolutely 0 morals or actual views beyond craving power

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Unfair on all the fine upstanding gimps out there if you ask me

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

smellmycheese posted:

Hahahah this is so ridiculous. The photo where he's doing the Jeb! pose makes it even better

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Do you get the feeling that starmer has been working on this for ages because crime is the only thing that gets him hard any more and is baffled that it's not being fawningly accepted?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Self destructively hoping for a tory landslide just to see these pricks get owned for being such a bunch of shitheels.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

keep punching joe posted:

Self destructively hoping for a tory landslide just to see these pricks get owned for being such a bunch of shitheels.

Please don't, they're coming for trans people next and I'd rather not have my neck on the line so you feel better about labour being melts

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ash Crimson posted:

Please don't, they're coming for trans people next and I'd rather not have my neck on the line so you feel better about labour being melts

Got some bad news for you about the next Labour government OP

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Got some bad news for you about the next Labour government OP

No poo poo

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Ash Crimson posted:

Can't tell if you're talking about Labour or Tories there TBH.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Just saw that Dalai Lama poo poo and .... Wasn't expecting that today

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

sebzilla posted:

Those crunchy, tasty snacks turned out to just be wet eggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Just saw that Dalai Lama poo poo and .... Wasn't expecting that today

Religious cleric being a nonce, who ever heard of such a thing?