Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Raw Underground was memorably bad, imo.

i still lament every day that its gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
is dabba whatever or those three strippers from the first underground still employed?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

dolph looks like jarrett in this pic

He ain't dead, he ain't the Rock

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sugar Blaster posted:

is dabba whatever or those three strippers from the first underground still employed?

quote:

WWE (2016–present)

On April 12, 2016, Aiyegbusi joined the WWE Performance Center as part of a new class of recruits.[3] He made his professional wrestling debut under his birth name, portraying a face, at a NXT house show in Orlando, Florida on September 30, 2016, competing in a battle royal.[6] In April 2018, Babatunde started to accompany Lio Rush to the ring at NXT live events until Rush was called up to the main roster as part of 205 Live. Babatunde made his televised debut on April 27 at the Greatest Royal Rumble, entering the match as the 37th entrant and being eliminated by Braun Strowman.[7]

On August 3, 2020, Babatunde would make his return to television and his Raw debut. He would debut as part of a Raw Underground segment under the ring name Dabba-Kato.[8] He would develop a winning streak on Raw Underground defeating several local wrestlers until he was defeated by Strowman on the September 21 episode of Raw.[9] As part of the 2020 Draft in October, Dabba-Kato was drafted to the Raw brand.[10] However following the draft, he would not make a single appearance on the brand.

On Night 2 of WrestleMania 37 on April 11, 2021, he returned to help Apollo Crews win the Intercontinental Championship from Big E.[11] Crews would then re-introduce him as Commander Azeez the following Friday on SmackDown, with no mention made of his previous time as Dabba-Kato on Raw, thus transferring to the SmackDown brand.[12] As part of the 2021 Draft, both Crews and Azeez were drafted to the Raw brand.[13] In June 2022, Crews and Azeez were sent to NXT.[14] At NXT Vengeance Day, Azeez returned using his Dabba-Kato name and attacked Apollo Crews following a two-out-of-three falls match against Carmelo Hayes.

rest in peace azeez, long live dabba-kato

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Alaois posted:

i still lament every day that its gone

https://twitter.com/FightTalk_/status/1317198945668485121

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I remember 2 things from Raw Underground:

1. That one guy grabbing some random person by the balls and holding them for like 20 seconds.

2. Shane going up to some of the dancing women, and saying that they could get naked or kiss each other or whatever the hell because there are no rules in Raw Underground, then he said something like "okay maybe later" and that was that. I don't remember the details, but I remember how bored I felt watching it.

Shine fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 10, 2023

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Should have never left Thunderdome..... :smith:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

History Comes Inside! posted:

Gave us this though

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

That time when they did manage to get movie star Dwayne Johnson back in a wrestling ring to stand next to Roman Reigns and raise his hand in triumph, it got The Rock booed.

I doubt it's the main reason Rock is not coming back, but it could be part of it.

this really was the slow-burn kickoff of Joker Dwayne in retrospect

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Dwayne Johnson, name a country where Black Adam debuted #1 at the Box Office

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CbLo0YO1QQ&t=78s

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

That DICK! posted:

Dwayne Johnson, name a country where Black Adam debuted #1 at the Box Office

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CbLo0YO1QQ&t=78s

lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Did.

Did Always Sunny rip off Family Guy?

civilwhat
Apr 24, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Cody truly became the American Nightmare just not in the way he hoped

Maybe he should given the tradition of all dead generations weighs like a nightmare on the brains of the living.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
I still feel like a non-terrible version of something like Raw Underground (a stretch, I know) would have been the ideal way to present the product during lockdown. Way less lame than the Thunderdome at least, anyway. ‘Arena shows are banned, so we’re filming Raw in a basement’, or, ‘A billion dollar company has to resort to backyard wrestling’

Answers Me fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Apr 10, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MJeff posted:

Did.

Did Always Sunny rip off Family Guy?

this happened in a real episode under host Ray Combs in 1991. therefore, maybe

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Answers Me posted:

I still feel like a non-terrible version of something like Raw Underground (a stretch, I know) would have been the ideal way to present the product during lockdown. Way less lame than the Thunderdome at least, anyway. ‘Arena shows are banned, so we’re filming Raw in a basement’, or, ‘A billion dollar company has to resort to backyard wrestling’

I feel like they really missed the boat not just doing more of this
https://twitter.com/vogon/status/1239775533946130433?s=20

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i can still remember all these angles from this video vividly and cannot name you more than like 15 from wwe so idk

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxrOv-sh9IRGaGpWTklWWjhLRFU/edit?resourcekey=0-3Lb-GInhmQyC8AMlbf2-uw

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Paper Lion posted:

i can still remember all these angles from this video vividly and cannot name you more than like 15 from wwe so idk

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxrOv-sh9IRGaGpWTklWWjhLRFU/edit?resourcekey=0-3Lb-GInhmQyC8AMlbf2-uw

tfw the Moments company has created very few Moments

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nonsense, remember the time Roman won, and before that the time Cena won, and before that

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

zetamind2000 posted:

rest in peace azeez, long live dabba-kato

That could explain Rock's odd I say Yabba, You say Dabba at WM 27. He traveled back in time to get Dabba-Kato over for 37 but landed a decade off.

Makes as much sense as The Miz headlining anyway.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The Dabba Dabba E

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I liked that Raw Underground was completely in its own bubble for weeks until the Hurt Business literally and metaphorically kicked in the barrier, annihilated all the fighters, and announced this was now their operation and then the next week that actually hadn't happened and Shane was still making random shortsmen fight

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Yeah...yeah! Hit em! Punch em! Yeah good, good, put em in a choke. *heavy breathing* HIT EM! DO A TAKEDOWN. YEAH GOOD!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

is pepsi ok posted:

Yeah...yeah! Hit em! Punch em! Yeah good, good, put em in a choke. *heavy breathing* HIT EM! DO A TAKEDOWN. YEAH GOOD!

Was Shane getting aroused?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

is pepsi ok posted:

*Royalty Free Hip Hop Beat plays in the background*

https://youtu.be/Q7ury9DwMYI

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

edogawa rando posted:

Was Shane getting aroused?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The raw underground episode also saw the debut of retribution, two minutes of wrestling in the first hour, and near limitless video packages

I think the thread consensus was that it was one of the worst raws in recent history

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

zetamind2000 posted:

The raw underground episode also saw the debut of retribution, two minutes of wrestling in the first hour, and near limitless video packages

I think the thread consensus was that it was one of the worst raws in recent history

And better than every dynamite, if you ask the fed stans that keep appearing in the edge of my vision.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I'd really like a podcast series on how AEW and WWE handled the first year of the pandemic.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

we will never forget SLAP JACK and TEE BAR

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That really slaps my jack

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

DMorbid posted:

we will never forget SLAP JACK and TEE BAR

"We have Mia Yim, one of the coolest, most unique women in the biz who can work with anybody to make magic what should we do hunter"

"Tie a paper plate to her face and don't let her wrestle that'll own antifa"- hhh

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

zetamind2000 posted:

Somehow the most recent Raw After Wrestlemania is rated lower

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

is pepsi ok posted:

I'd really like a podcast series on how AEW and WWE handled the first year of the pandemic.

I would be interested in doing this.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Shane is bringing RAW Underground back and making The Miz fight in it every week as revenge

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

zetamind2000 posted:

Had a great Alvarez rant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFnWe0WoW10

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/TheEnemiesPE3/status/1645093164032708610

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

He will probably get laid off

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I assume he was relaying instructions from the truck.

In which case we finally know who to credit for saving the segment. Thank you, Kevin Dunn!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Snoops a pro just like dolph ziggler he can call it in the ring without help everyone's just making things up