Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

ElectricBlizzard posted:

I figure this is the best place to look for this.

My father had a record in the past and on the inside of the foldout sleeve is a picture that is a recolorised frame from "by a waterfall/footlight parade". I made a quick mock up of it and hope someone recognizes it.

The Vangelis album Oceanic has a frame like this.

VostokProgram posted:

Did Louis Armstrong ever cover Fly Me to the Moon? I thought he did, I can even hear what it sounds like in my mind, but I can't find any evidence of it. Did I just make this up?

It's appeared on a few albums, mostly old compilations. Often in the UK for some reason? Here's a photo from someone's Ebay auction for a 20 Reflective Recordings album to prove you're not crazy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricBlizzard
Jun 24, 2011

"I never met a monster I didn't like"

Erebus posted:

That's the one! Thank you !

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Erebus posted:

It's appeared on a few albums, mostly old compilations. Often in the UK for some reason? Here's a photo from someone's Ebay auction for a 20 Reflective Recordings album to prove you're not crazy:

Thank you!

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
There's a song by one of those MGMT or Justice or Ratatat style artists roughly from the same era and the only lyrics I can remember are "When your heart beats time."

Longshot but it'd be so nice to find it as I remember liking the whole album.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Originally heard this on Soundcloud back in 2014. I've been unable to find it since. Anybody know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPwM0tq7jnk

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Chemtrailologist posted:

Originally heard this on Soundcloud back in 2014. I've been unable to find it since. Anybody know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPwM0tq7jnk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oql2K2-RTs

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Cool, thanks!

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
I'll give an easier one: from the last decade, a song about a car crash

NVM sorry there are dozens of these.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 20, 2023

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Bright Bart posted:

Honestly I just assume someone covered Last Kiss again.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Not a song, but a DJ mix!

I have a crappy 128kbps mp3 version of a mostly untagged mix from sometime around 2000. Here are the only things I know about it:

Artist tag is DJ Gianni (who knows if this is right)

Mix title is "Trance America" (likely incorrect)

Track length is 12, total runtime is 74 minutes

Track 1 is Hydro - Liquid Prayers (Starecase Aquabatics Remix)

Track 4 is Joshua Ryan - Pistolwhip

If anyone even knows any resources where I can start looking, I'd be so grateful.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
Hopefully this is appropriate for this thread but I'm not sure where else to ask. Long ago in the pre-smart phone era I had a killer remix of mgmt's time to pretend on my palm pilot (lol) and would love to rediscover it. I have almost nothing to go on other than it was before I bought a real smart phone in mid 2010 so not long after the original song was released and well before other remixes I can find now. I know it's a long shot but I would be incredibly grateful if anyone knows wtf I'm talking about.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Bright Bart posted:

What genre of song?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Bright Bart posted:

Deadman's Curve by Jan and Dean

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
Billie Eilish had a big song about a car crash just there gone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onT3z0lCZz8

Tomathan
Nov 6, 2006
They won't let us wear our baggy pants
Moving this here from the meme thread.

100 gecs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBMtdVEZ34Q

I am convinced that the lyrical section that starts at 25 seconds is some kind of gecified version of a real song. And figuring out what that song is, is making me crazy. The way the "but i guess I didn't know" part is sang triggers a familiarity of another song.

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

This is a long shot because I remember basically nothing about the song itself, but I've been thinking of a music video that was set in a country manor house type environment and had a weird/kooky/gothy vibe with a bunch of taxidermied animals and people wearing veils(?) and smoking.

If anyone can recognise it from that description I'll be both impressed and grateful.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Could it be the Backstreet's Back video?

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Jack the Lad posted:

This is a long shot because I remember basically nothing about the song itself, but I've been thinking of a music video that was set in a country manor house type environment and had a weird/kooky/gothy vibe with a bunch of taxidermied animals and people wearing veils(?) and smoking.

Electric Six - Danger! High Voltage ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-FxmoVM7X4

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
also I Miss You by Blink 182

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1tAYmMjLdY

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nngo7XerZp4

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Watching the 1995 anime Memories and the track Five Steps To Heaven off the soundtrack is insanely familiar. I’m guessing it just reminds me of some similar march but anyone recognize it from something?

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

morestuff posted:

Watching the 1995 anime Memories and the track Five Steps To Heaven off the soundtrack is insanely familiar. I’m guessing it just reminds me of some similar march but anyone recognize it from something?

It reminded me of Death Mountain from Twilight Princess, but Zelda music is my favorite 'genre', so everything reminds of of Zelda music. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yes367rnRj0

A Maze of Clouds
Sep 15, 2022
Several music videos I would like identified:

1. A group of young Japanese men in a room. One of them is wearing panties, he is swinging his butt around. They're all laughing. Then they send the panties to a man in Germany, with a photo of an Japanese woman.

2. A woman in an apartment. She plugs up a sink and turn on the water. She does this to other sinks and I think a bathtub. She leaves and the apartment starts filling up with water. A man is sleeping on a bed. He wakes up. His feet are in a big lump of cement.

3. An object becomes a rock star. Can't remember what kind of object, probably something that makes sounds. First we see the object become very popular and then things starts going badly. Then there is a fire, and a fire alarm rings. Then the fire alarm become the new rock star.

4. This one is maybe from a Swedish band, since I think I saw it on a Swedish TV-channel. Various unrelated weird and creepy scenes, I can only remember two:

The first: there is an open casket funeral. The man in the coffin opens his eyes. He can apparently not move the rest of his body. Nobody noticed he is alive, and I think he gets carried out to be buried alive.

The second: we see a group of people in a car. Then we see another car with the same group of people. The cars crash.

5. Some young people are having a party in a mansion. Wilder and wilder activities happen at the party and then they play Russian roulette.

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

A Maze of Clouds posted:

1. A group of young Japanese men in a room. One of them is wearing panties, he is swinging his butt around. They're all laughing. Then they send the panties to a man in Germany, with a photo of an Japanese woman.

Stereo Total – Wir Tanzen im Viereck

A Maze of Clouds
Sep 15, 2022

MarioOnTheComputer posted:

Stereo Total – Wir Tanzen im Viereck

That's right, thanks!

A Maze of Clouds
Sep 15, 2022

A Maze of Clouds posted:

3. An object becomes a rock star. Can't remember what kind of object, probably something that makes sounds. First we see the object become very popular and then things starts going badly. Then there is a fire, and a fire alarm rings. Then the fire alarm become the new rock star.

Managed to google this one. It was Wink - Simple Man ft. The Interpreters. The object was a radio.

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
Looking for a song I just heard that I couldn't soundhound in time. 70s sound, kind of schlager/disco, repeating lyrics on the outro 4/4 beat were something like "I can love you better baby."

It is NOT Cliff Dawson's "I can love you better." Mystery song has a female main voice with female backing track. Tried searching for "I can love you better cover" but all I'm getting is the Dixie Chicks :shrug:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

magic cactus posted:

Looking for a song I just heard that I couldn't soundhound in time. 70s sound, kind of schlager/disco, repeating lyrics on the outro 4/4 beat were something like "I can love you better baby."

It is NOT Cliff Dawson's "I can love you better." Mystery song has a female main voice with female backing track. Tried searching for "I can love you better cover" but all I'm getting is the Dixie Chicks :shrug:

Maybe it's Love to Love You Baby by Donna Summer instead?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
If anyone needs help identifying the BEST SONG EVER it is the 17-minute version of Love to Love You Baby

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

morestuff posted:

Maybe it's Love to Love You Baby by Donna Summer instead?

It's not this, thought it might have been. The beat was more driving, like Gloria Gaynor's "I Love You Baby" but with more minor notes. I'm poking around the remixes to see if anything matches what I heard.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

magic cactus posted:

It's not this, thought it might have been. The beat was more driving, like Gloria Gaynor's "I Love You Baby" but with more minor notes. I'm poking around the remixes to see if anything matches what I heard.
Is there not a Frankie Valli quasi-disco rendition? I mean it was originally his song, right? "Too Good to Be True"

Giga Pet giveaway
Jun 28, 2008

You're Not Welcome?
Hi! I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, I think I mostly need confirmation it wasn't a fever dream, because I'm utterly convinced it existed once.

Has anyone heard/does anyone have/is anyone certain there is a song by Parry Gripp called 'My Gettin' Laid Shirt'?

The only lyrics I can remember from it are:

"Lately the business at my hotdog stand has been kinda slow/My poo poo eating grin has fallen in to a poo poo eating frown, and my gettin' laid shirt is my not gettin' laid shirt now."

I'm certain there were other lines describing the shirt, maybe black and shiny? Google brings up NOTHING for any of these lyrics.

Please help me exorcise this from my brain. Thank you.
Edit: If it helps, it was at least ten years ago I heard it.

Giga Pet giveaway fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Apr 19, 2023

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I did some poking around the internet, and yeah, it does appear to not really be mentioned anywhere

there's a few copies of it on soulseek, one of which says it was a 2008 song of the week, but comparing that to the list of those on the parry gripp wiki (because of course there is one) says it wasn't one

but like I said, yeah, it's out there. idk how much we care about f i l e s these days so idk how against the rules uploading it somewhere and linking it here would be

but it's definitely obtainable

Giga Pet giveaway
Jun 28, 2008

You're Not Welcome?

hexwren posted:

I did some poking around the internet, and yeah, it does appear to not really be mentioned anywhere

there's a few copies of it on soulseek, one of which says it was a 2008 song of the week, but comparing that to the list of those on the parry gripp wiki (because of course there is one) says it wasn't one

but like I said, yeah, it's out there. idk how much we care about f i l e s these days so idk how against the rules uploading it somewhere and linking it here would be

but it's definitely obtainable

drat. This website looks a bit over my head, but I'm super grateful to know it actually did exist. Thank you!

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Can somebody identify the track at 1:22:07, or point me to where I may have heard it before?

It's something very familiar to me that I listen to a lot and my brain has just fizzled on identifying it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD8GIy-hNt8&t=4927s

GOT IT. Aesop Rock sampled it in Skip Town, and it's by Horace Andy, song is You Are My Angel.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 20, 2023

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I've had the single line "when you least expect it" going round my head for the past few weeks and I know it's gotta be from a song but I've been looping it in my head and nothing else is coming up that would give me a clue. Putting it out here, maybe it happens to be someone's favourite song ever.

What I do know:
- the particular cadence goes something like "when you least ex - pect - it"
- I think it's more interjected than sung to a tune and may be the only instance of that line in the song. Like I'm somewhat sure it's not a repeating line in the chorus or anything
- not a pop song, most likely something punk/alternative
- no clue whatsoever what "it" is
- I've already tried googling the phrase plus "lyrics" and successively removing each artist that popped up from the query to go more and more obscure, no dice

fairly certain about the words and cadence but anything else might be completely wrong :v:

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Love Comes Quickly by Pet Shop Boys is the first that comes to my mind.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Not the one, but a good song!

This is gonna take a lot of trial and error. Mine's not that mellow by a long shot, I'm thinking more of guitars and a beat.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
A punk song, before the music starts a girl with a British accent shouts "Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!" It might be Poly Styrene, but I can't find anything by X-ray spex that starts like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

yo I found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAwH65cgRVk

"not a pop song", "not that mellow", no loving poo poo :v:

e: was tentatively thinking of posting "pretty sure the 'it' isn't 'love'" too, checks out