Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

HopperUK posted:

How you gonna cut a ditto though??

Cut myself into pieces
Ditto copies last resort

that's terrible I'm sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

yeah that was Doug Dinsdale.

whoa. Does he still post

MacheteZombie posted:

Cut myself into pieces
Ditto copies last resort

that's terrible I'm sorry

it's good

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
caught 60 dittos. got one perfect IVs and bonus, it's got one of the big 4 natures. can't remember which, modest I think. also got two with 0 attack but didn't get a 0 speed.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I got lucky and got a six IV ditto with a Jolly nature… but the only ditto with a zero IV I’ve caught was one in defense :negative:

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
I'm practically swimming in zero speed dittos but still no zero attack ones, though I feel that's a lot less necessary regardless.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
If only there were some way to swap them amongst ourselves. Oh well.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
With gamefreaks track record, we'll be waiting until way past the DLC for that to even have a chance of being added in. :smith:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
who do I have to pay to get scarlet version exclusives in trades

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hrist posted:

With gamefreaks track record, we'll be waiting until way past the DLC for that to even have a chance of being added in. :smith:

Speaking of, do we have a release date for the DLC yet (last I checked the ones currently on the Eshop are just placeholders)?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, do we have a release date for the DLC yet (last I checked the ones currently on the Eshop are just placeholders)?

“Fall” and “Winter”

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

indigi posted:

whoa. Does he still post

I don’t have plat and can’t check but his rear end tweets for sure

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

who do I have to pay to get scarlet version exclusives in trades

If you google 'pokemon violet link trade codes' you'll find a list for people who are putting up their version-exclusives to swap. You trade using the given code. It's a bit tricky to get Scarlet exclusives because Violet seems to be much more popular but you can get them there. Either that or I'm sure someone ITT will sort you out. My Scarlet game isn't into the endgame yet so I can't get you.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I can also just go around and catch em for you if you want with the caveat that I don’t have PMs and loathe Discord

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

How do I find a Ditto tera raid? Do I just run around the map manually checking Tera Dens of every type until I find one that has a Ditto? I assume that can't be it because people in this thread are talking about doing dozens of these raids.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the event raid gems sparkle/emit like a little radar pulse

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
Also if you're online you can go to the Poké Portal and in the Tera Raids menu there will be ones other people are hosting.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I can also just go around and catch em for you if you want with the caveat that I don’t have PMs and loathe Discord

This but i have pms.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Chamale posted:

How do I find a Ditto tera raid? Do I just run around the map manually checking Tera Dens of every type until I find one that has a Ditto? I assume that can't be it because people in this thread are talking about doing dozens of these raids.

Almost all of the event dens are gonna be dittos

I've taken to being the host of as many as I can because randoms can't be trusted to have the lead Pokémon be Magikarp

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Almost filled a box with raid Dittos, of which only 1 had 6 Ivs and the closest I have to the 0 Ivs is one with lowish attack IV. Also a DItto I surprise traded got me H-Zorua so that's nice, no need to preorder the DLC.

Anyways if anyone what's to trade Perfect Dittos to get one from a different region I have a Spanish one then.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Almost filled a box with raid Dittos, of which only 1 had 6 Ivs and the closest I have to the 0 Ivs is one with lowish attack IV. Also a DItto I surprise traded got me H-Zorua so that's nice, no need to preorder the DLC.

Anyways if anyone what's to trade Perfect Dittos to get one from a different region I have a Spanish one then.

I'm currently hunting for a 6IV and 0Spe English one, but have 0Att ones out the wazoo. I'm in the discord trade chat if you have that

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Hello, I also have Scarlet and can help a goon out to get the version exclusives (except Koraidon because I just don't have that spare). I'm in the discord (same username) and have PMs

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Happy Easter! I got in a mood

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I caught a full box of Dittos last night. 2 new 6 IVs (3 total now) and not a single 0 IV so far. I had one raid that gave me a destiny knot, and I got excited thinking this for sure had to be one of the special ones. But no, just another 5.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I think Destiny Knots are appearing with roughly the rarity of Ability Patches, because they sparkle when they show up in the feed with all the drops like they’re the big fancy get

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1645203236314308609

Ghost Tera Typlosion is next up

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Okay, we MUST be close to the HOME update. This is the last of the Hisui starters so what better time to showcase the ability to import those versions of these mons than after being able to catch all three original versions.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Okay so Typhlosion would have Fire move, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, and one more coverage option. Its only other special moves are Solar Beam and Normal moves, so it might use a physical move in the last slot, picking between Earthquake, Play Rough, Zen Headbutt, Iron Head or Rock Slide. Probably not Wild Charge because of the recoil.

Focus Blast hits the Dark and Normal types that would resist Shadow Ball, as well as Garganacl. I could see Play Rough in the last slot since that would hit Spiritomb.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Oooh! You know I'm quite interested in this one actually. See I'm content with the Descidueye and Samurott I have in legends Arceus (although I did catch the 7 star owl in a moon ball to breed a shiny later on) but the possibility of getting a hisuian typhlosion in a love ball is tempting! drat shame master ball doesn't pass down though. Every now and again I get these colors that would just be a perfect fit but the dang ball don't mesh with breeding mechanics.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Apr 10, 2023

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Flopsy posted:

Oooh! You know I'm quite interested in this one actually. See I'm content with the Descidueye and Samurott I have in legends Arceus (although I did catch the 7 star owl in a moon ball to breed a shiny later on) but the possibility of getting a hisuian typhlosion in a love ball is tempting! drat shame master ball doesn't pass down though. Every now and again I get these colors that would just be a perfect fit but the dang ball don't mesh with breeding mechanics.
Yep; your best tactic would be using Sun and Moon's Island Scan on a Sunday for that, presuming that you have a Master Ball back in those games, then bring it through Bank to HOME. Then, evolve it in PLA, before returning it to HOME.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is it hisuan typhlosion? Looks like regular typhlosion to me

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

Is it hisuan typhlosion? Looks like regular typhlosion to me

Presumably once HOME compatibility comes in you can bring your hsuian typhlosion over and breed it with your captured regular one to get the ball you want. There's a way of getting regional forms, right? Everstone or something?

I didn't play pokemon at all yesterday! Withdrawal symptoms. I need to see a tarountula real bad.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

You can't breed for regional evolutions, but you can catch the event Typhlosion in a Love Ball, breed it, and when HOME support comes to S/V send the baby Love Ball Cyndaquil via HOME to Legends to evolve in Hisui.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

1st Stage Midboss posted:

You can't breed for regional evolutions, but you can catch the event Typhlosion in a Love Ball, breed it, and when HOME support comes to S/V send the baby Love Ball Cyndaquil via HOME to Legends to evolve in Hisui.

Ahh gotcha. Man that's counter-intuitive.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

1st Stage Midboss posted:

That's only if S/V pokemon can be transferred to Arceus.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I guess the hope is that the changes they made to stats/patterns/movesets/etc when putting a pokemon through HOME means there'll be backward compatibility between generations for the first time since it should be technically trivial at this point, but I’m not holding my breath. but at least Sumo-Bank-HOME-evolve in PLA-Scavio, while clunky and difficult, will definitely work

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Rudoku posted:

That's only if S/V pokemon can be transferred to Arceus.

I mean they should be able to. Be kinda odd if they can't outside of y'know version exclusives.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sending my Cyndaquil into the past to become his own grandfather.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Electric Phantasm posted:

jack_nicholson_Yes.gif

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

That's what I did with a couple of other regional Hisuian forms: bred and EV trained them in Shield (Rowlet, Petilil, Rufflet, Goomy, and Bergmite) an Shining Pearl (Cyndaquil, Scyther, Stantler and Teddiursa) and then sent them into Legends to evolve them.

I also even bred and EV trained an Oshawott in Ultra Moon, transferred it over into Home and then into Legends to evolve it there.

So right now I'm still waiting for Home to open up and then I'll probably breed a Hisuian Arcanine, Hisuian Electrode, Sneasler, Basculegion (male and female) and Overqwil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

hell yeah that fit in the thread title