Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mebh posted:

Its like Labour think they've found the antisemitism scandal for the right.

I'm just amazed. Given minorities and those without power being utterly hosed by the justice system since time immemorial. With decades and decades of proof and entire social movements coming about because of it and massive institutional scandals about racism, sexism, and bigotry of all kinds being factually endemic in the police. The public has never been more aware that "throw more people in jail" does not work, has never worked and will never work. They decide THIS is the time to dig their heels in.

What the gently caress. How are they this dumb?

As said above Bastani is a bit melty, but downstream had Ash on it and was pretty good yesterday. https://youtu.be/oz3pqVHZZ5M

Pretty much rightly points the finger at the centrists and the media as the actual problem. Plus some good behind the scenes stories of how insanely deranged they can be.

They are part of that racist, sexist, and casually brutal institution, and they're trying to protect its authority and powers to crack skulls in the face of scandals and public opprobrium. That's it. That's really all there is. It's not stupidity, it's just extremely narrow allegiance to the state at its cruellest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Seeing the headline 'Dalai Lama apologises for asking boy to suck his tongue' made me think the walls of reality have come crashing down and we're now living in The Day Today's universe. 'Bearded cleric in oily chin insertion' actually feels less insane.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

is everybody a melt or is this just a defensive phrase in case the first comment ohh this guy is such a melt and you have to defend yourself for liking something

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jel Shaker posted:

is everybody a melt or is this just a defensive phrase in case the first comment ohh this guy is such a melt and you have to defend yourself for liking something

I don't think everyone is a melt, nor is it a defensive phrase, Bastani is a melt. As in he's soft, as in he's the soft left. So he's sus to me because any of the soft left are sus as hell.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/setoacnna/status/1645330498942582785

:allears:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Payndz posted:

Seeing the headline 'Dalai Lama apologises for asking boy to suck his tongue' made me think the walls of reality have come crashing down and we're now living in The Day Today's universe. 'Bearded cleric in oily chin insertion' actually feels less insane.

Tibetan Buddhism just got weird-----er again............ says the atheist with a statue of the Buddha opposite the front door. :ughh:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

The Perfect Element posted:

As a cis man who's been using men's toilets for my entire life, I don't think I've ever once seen someone else's dick. It's even less likely you'd see a dick in the ladies loos because presumably everyone uses a cubical in there rather than urinals.

Eh, it's certainly possible, especially those old style toilets where instead of individual urinals you have a trough. You'd mostly have to go looking though, it is Socially Expected that you keep your eyes to the front at all times.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Remember being in a pub in Glasgow where all the urinals were arranged in a circle so you were directly making eye contact with the person opposite. Very weird vibes.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

keep punching joe posted:

Remember being in a pub in Glasgow where all the urinals were arranged in a circle so you were directly making eye contact with the person opposite. Very weird vibes.

Now imagine that, but at a Warehouse Project rave, they're not in a toilet but in a thoroughfare, you've got people of any gender milling about you, and to top it off the MDMA is making it SO difficult to piss even though you know you need to.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

These slogans are getting out of hand.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i think "melt" is functionally useless at this point.

bastani is mostly a loving idiot and i don't really trust anyone at novara in the slightest

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
It's like Starmer still thinks he's DPP and forgotten as leader he needs to cover a much wider sphere of public life. (Maybe he could do that with some helicopter dick moves).

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

keep punching joe posted:

Self destructively hoping for a tory landslide just to see these pricks get owned for being such a bunch of shitheels.

it will be jeremy corbyn's fault, op

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

A step inside a melted boomer's brain:

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It's like Starmer still thinks he's DPP and forgotten as leader he needs to cover a much wider sphere of public life. (Maybe he could do that with some helicopter dick moves).

I think part of it is that they saw these kind of slurs work against Corbyn, but didn't realise that it's only doable with a 100% supportive media.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

fuctifino posted:

you could write a novel based on that backstory jfc

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
l m a o

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Jel Shaker posted:

you could write a novel based on that backstory jfc

I'm surprised there was no spanking involved.

Keir would have taken his belt off!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lmao

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Only for the Woody Allen defences.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BreakingIEN/status/1645430387311628290

Things are kicking off just in time for Biden's visit

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/BreakingIEN/status/1645430387311628290

Things are kicking off just in time for Biden's visit

Look at the video. It’s a bunch of bored 14 year old dickheads, as it always is these days. Anyone trying to portray this as anything paramilitary is talking nonsense

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Ha ha ha. Nice graphic

https://twitter.com/guardiang2/status/1645399489442902016?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Photo in case they delete

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Gorn Myson posted:

Its just funny how despite their lead they still look indecisive and weak, and its all for stupid poo poo like a completely unnecessary offensive advertising campaign when they're flying high in the polls. Its so stupid that I think it might be the starting point of a backlash against Starmer by the audience hes been trying to court.

It's because they have literally no plan, they are banking on the tories just remaining poo poo so they too can be poo poo but have their cake and eat it. These are career liars with no intent on serving the public interests.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

not even paedophiles deserve to have to read that shite

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Got a jury citation a week ago but I'm lazy as gently caress and take forever to open my mail (I mean it's almost always bollocks so why bother...) so only just found out.

Been reading the guidance on the website and really, "Although there are no set rules as to what jurors should wear, your choice of clothing should be comfortable but smart; so as to reflect
the importance of the role you are to play in court."

I'm mad I'm going to do hours of unpaid labour and will have to buy clothes for the privilege tbh. Can't loving wait.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
wear an ahegao hoodie so they pay you to stop attending

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Look at the video. It’s a bunch of bored 14 year old dickheads, as it always is these days. Anyone trying to portray this as anything paramilitary is talking nonsense

I'm guessing lots of paramilitaries are bored 14 year old dickheads.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

forkboy84 posted:

Got a jury citation a week ago but I'm lazy as gently caress and take forever to open my mail (I mean it's almost always bollocks so why bother...) so only just found out.

Been reading the guidance on the website and really, "Although there are no set rules as to what jurors should wear, your choice of clothing should be comfortable but smart; so as to reflect

I'm mad I'm going to do hours of unpaid labour and will have to buy clothes for the privilege tbh. Can't loving wait.

Sounds like there is no set rules so turn up in a fursuit.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Go dressed really smart so they assume you're a Tory then partake in Jury Nullification for any poo poo laws.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

forkboy84 posted:

Turn up in Progress Pride EVERYTHING.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Pablo Bluth posted:

Go dressed really smart so they assume you're a Tory then partake in Jury Nullification for any poo poo laws.

This.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

fuctifino posted:

This reads like a Tory peer's origin story

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Julio Cruz posted:

not even paedophiles deserve to have to read that shite

I think they are suggesting that convicted pedos should be forced to write Guardian op-ed's as penance.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

forkboy84 posted:

They do pay you what is basically a pittance, is my understanding from when my wife did it a few years ago

e: also you can't be on the jury if you don't speak English well enough so you can always pretend you only speak Esperanto

SixFigureSandwich fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 10, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SixFigureSandwich posted:

They do pay you what is basically a pittance, is my understanding from when my wife did it a few years ago

e: also you can't be on the jury if you don't speak English well enough so you can always pretend you only speak Esperanto

You get paid if you're employed or on the dole. If you're in the no-mans land of "not working but also not actually on UC because the last time you signed on the process made you want to die & I don't say that hyperbolically" then it sounds like you're poo poo out of luck lol. Or so I gathered from a brief look on their website. I'll phone up & ask some more questions tomorrow

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Pablo Bluth posted:

Don't just shout "nullification!" like a pokemon move though, I think they can remove you as a juror. Just say not guilty. Say you have doubts. I'm not a lawyer.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Don't just shout "nullification!" like a pokemon move though, I think they can remove you as a juror. Just say not guilty. Say you have doubts. I'm not a lawyer.

The smart move is to smile and nod whenever the judge is around, but when you're alone with the other jurors no-one can stop you from persuading them to acquit because the law is bullshit.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

A friend of mine got out of jury duty by eating lots of beans the night before, and he just farted his way through the first hour's induction thingy, politely apologising with with a whispered "medical condition" every time he loudly parped. He was told he wasn't needed and sent home.

e: This is proof that anyone can be a king if they are a hereditary monarch and your mum/dad dies

https://twitter.com/rob_heighton/status/1644717767512186883

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Starmer is playing with fire with all the law and order stuff, because surely it’s only a matter of time before the right give it both barrels with the Jimmy Savile thing, which they can probably snowball into something that’ll sink him pretty easily