Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

i'm not sure you have the posting cachet to try this kind of maneuver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Ugh, I was hoping somebody new would have come up. I stopped listening to Savage around the time I stopped watching Maddow. I don't wanna go back. But, ok I'll check out a current ep.

Edit: I thought his name was Strange in last post. The catty gay memories are flooding back, his name is Savage.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

J.P. Brammer's Hola Papi seems alright from the few articles friends have shared with me, even if his advice column skews for younger audiences.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I have an uncle that's a (literal, makeup and all) clown, but I'm assuming that's because investigating mass graves in Bosnia broke him.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

KirbyKhan posted:

Ugh, I was hoping somebody new would have come up. I stopped listening to Savage around the time I stopped watching Maddow. I don't wanna go back. But, ok I'll check out a current ep.

Edit: I thought his name was Strange in last post. The catty gay memories are flooding back, his name is Savage.

https://lovelinetapes.com/

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
thinking what the black philip show would be like in 2023

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

I have an uncle that's a (literal, makeup and all) clown, but I'm assuming that's because investigating mass graves in Bosnia broke him.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Hooplah posted:

It's not even clear to me what is being worded

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/E1podcast/status/1645438378039541761?s=20

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Hooplah posted:

i guess i haven't reached the proper level of mental illness yet to use this technique

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I'm a level Keter poster so I can use the Third Forbidden Technique

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Critical support for Dorje Shugden

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Newest trueanon good but once again the guest claims to have beaten cancer using vibes and alternative medicine and I'm pretty sure brace is becoming a crystals ladies

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

latest trueanon is fantastic if you can get past all the slurs

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

i say swears online posted:

latest trueanon is fantastic if you can get past all the slurs

except half of it is this guy telling “and everyone stood up and clapped” stories about himself

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
looking forward to the falun gong episode because they've got their hands into so many different orgs it's kind of nuts and i want to get a better handle on what the hell is going on. someone spun up a residential school denier organization up here and a good chunk of the big names involved are all epoch times associated people

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Dreylad posted:

looking forward to the falun gong episode because they've got their hands into so many different orgs it's kind of nuts and i want to get a better handle on what the hell is going on. someone spun up a residential school denier organization up here and a good chunk of the big names involved are all epoch times associated people

haha of course, gotta deny the real genocide if you want to pump up a fake one

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

https://twitter.com/nibiruveryown/status/1645512944510459904

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ive posted ths story b4 but one of the hottest women ive ever met was this korean lady who talked with a weird mid atlantic type accent in english and was trained in the esoteric arts of clowning in some parisian intensive boot camp by a master clown who'd like berate ppl until they cried and washed out for loving up a prat fall or something. extremely epic woman.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Scionix posted:

except half of it is this guy telling “and everyone stood up and clapped” stories about himself

its fine imo, nice to hear from an old head unionist

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Smythe posted:

ive posted ths story b4 but one of the hottest women ive ever met was this korean lady who talked with a weird mid atlantic type accent in english and was trained in the esoteric arts of clowning in some parisian intensive boot camp by a master clown who'd like berate ppl until they cried and washed out for loving up a prat fall or something. extremely epic woman.

is that the clown guy that got interviewed by Hillary on her tv show

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Nanomashoes posted:

is that the clown guy that got interviewed by Hillary on her tv show

reminded me of this tale for sure

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Smythe posted:

I haven't seen you at the hot mid-Atlantic korean baskets lady support group

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Scionix posted:

If you want a movement that gets things done, you're going to need a few "characters" in it to keep things moving.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Smythe posted:

she's my wife now

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Smythe posted:

this is half of a bust rodd story

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cuttlefush posted:

chub rodd

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cuttlefush posted:

i was talking to her at a fundraiser. sitting in some lounge chair at a rich person house idk. i was reading the forums on my phone or something. she turns to me and says "are you a clown??" in a weird voice. i say haha no, but thank you... i think. she says well i only ask because you remind me of a clown. not sure how to respond. she goes on. i am a clown, i was trained as a clown by the great masters. you see when one becomes a clown you start with a mask [indicates a large mask in mime.] the mask hides your body and spirit, neurosis... and allows you to be totally free. over time you train and study. you grow more confident in your new persona ... - the mask shrinks. it shrrriiiinnkkkks. shrinks until it is.. [indicates her nose, miming the red clown nose] just the nose. and yet you remain totally free. this is the art of the clown.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im sure tat story changes eveyr time i tell it but i swear its true

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
while you were out partying I studied the clown

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Scionix posted:

Whenever someone talks about protesting the Vietnam War I think about this quote:

“During the Vietnam War... every respectable artist in this country was against the war. It was like a laser beam. We were all aimed in the same direction. The power of this weapon turns out to be that of a custard pie dropped from a stepladder six feet high.”

― Kurt Vonnegut

I have nothing against SDS, their anti-segregation movement was probably more effective. I am just really pessimistic about the ability of domestic movements to affect the US military machine.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Smythe posted:

i was talking to her at a fundraiser. sitting in some lounge chair at a rich person house idk. i was reading the forums on my phone or something. she turns to me and says "are you a clown??" in a weird voice. i say haha no, but thank you... i think. she says well i only ask because you remind me of a clown. not sure how to respond. she goes on. i am a clown, i was trained as a clown by the great masters. you see when one becomes a clown you start with a mask [indicates a large mask in mime.] the mask hides your body and spirit, neurosis... and allows you to be totally free. over time you train and study. you grow more confident in your new persona ... - the mask shrinks. it shrrriiiinnkkkks. shrinks until it is.. [indicates her nose, miming the red clown nose] just the nose. and yet you remain totally free. this is the art of the clown.

lmao badass

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Dmitri-9 posted:

Whenever someone talks about protesting the Vietnam War I think about this quote:

“During the Vietnam War... every respectable artist in this country was against the war. It was like a laser beam. We were all aimed in the same direction. The power of this weapon turns out to be that of a custard pie dropped from a stepladder six feet high.”

― Kurt Vonnegut

I have nothing against SDS, their anti-segregation movement was probably more effective. I am just really pessimistic about the ability of domestic movements to affect the US military machine.

and then these people voted for ronnie in 1980

owned

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Smythe posted:

im sure tat story changes eveyr time i tell it but i swear its true

That woman never existed. She represents a part of your soul that is yearning for something. If you search your memories, you'll realize that no one else ever saw or commented on the clown woman.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

That woman never existed. She represents a part of your soul that is yearning for something. If you search your memories, you'll realize that no one else ever saw or commented on the clown woman.

real or merely a figment of repressed desires i will carry a torch for her until the day i die. a disclosure i must give to all my lovers (none) that i can never truly give my whole heart... for a small slice of it is forever reserved in yearning for that curious maiden of the orient....

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Smythe posted:

real or merely a figment of repressed desires i will carry a torch for her until the day i die. a disclosure i must give to all my lovers (none) that i can never truly give my whole heart... for a small slice of it is forever reserved in yearning for that curious maiden of the orient....

That was a demon, true love doesn't need to hide behind two masks.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Smythe posted:

in yearning for that curious maiden of the orient....

:kstare:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i just finished reading this entire book https://thenewpress.com/books/japan-war so im allowed to use an anachronistic bad word in a silly way. thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Dmitri-9 posted:

― Kurt Vonnegut

People actually did stuff that was disruptive to the war effortz destroyed draft offices, delayed munition trains. Like there is a reason there was a concerted effort to destroy these organizations. Hell by the early 70s there was a strong anti-war movement among the troops that had to be stamped down and excised from history to refocus on Rambo, they spat on us and called us baby killers bullshit. The whole goal of Vietnamization was to keep the war going but to lower our role in it to put an end to the social disruption at home.

Theres a big difference between cultural figures eventually getting on board by wiritng antiwar songs and actual working people physically preventing munition trains from getting to ports in Los Angelese and San Deigo