Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

drat imagine if there was a race right now

https://twitter.com/LewisHamilton/status/1541745996278992896?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Sunk Dunk posted:

drat imagine if there was a race right now

you just know those cars would be zooming around, wheel to wheel racing and lights out and away we go and such

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Have we discussed how Charles was doxxed and is now getting harassed/assaulted/mugged daily outside his apartment? This is what the tifosi ACTUALLY WANT

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Have we discussed how Charles was doxxed and is now getting harassed/assaulted/mugged daily outside his apartment? This is what the tifosi ACTUALLY WANT
They're just there to observe & guard him as they heard how passionately he wanted a watch.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

You can get married at Imola now.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

“Til death do us part”

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

You may now sheer the steering column of the bride

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

“Til death do us part”

:drat:

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
This whole spring break thing really sucks. I know they took China off the schedule, but why didn't they replace it with something else?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They replaced it with cookware chat

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Cimber posted:

This whole spring break thing really sucks. I know they took China off the schedule, but why didn't they replace it with something else?

don't complain. F1 should be commended that they refuse to race in China due to their ongoing human rights violations. I wish more sports had the backbone to refuse to cooperate with those regimes and instead only race in clean, acceptable countries.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
If you're looking for morality and ethics in sport you're going to be watching no sports ever

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
The F1 game is free on Xbox gamepass. An ok way to pass the time

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
It’s very fun to run a Williams car into max on the first turn.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Thread regulars passing the time I guess

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Skarsnik posted:

Thread regulars passing the time I guess

the fans in question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODfCVxVLqiE

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Personal Lucubrant posted:

I have gently caress all to do this weekend, and a bunch of dumbass ideas I've amalgamated from an array of idiots across the internet. Perhaps some from this very thread! Would you like to read some?

> Only one practice session, but with points awarded.
> Qualifying on Friday with points awarded.
> Sprint race on Saturday to set GP grid order, and points awarded.
> GP on Sunday with reversed grid order.
> Points awarded for Driver of the Day.
> Constructors championship points for fastest pitstop.
> More points awarded for other arbitrary bullshit because slack-jawed dipshits like big numbers. More points!
> Fan Boost like Formula E, but it gives 1 free DRS activation anywhere on track.
> Let teams choose any of the current tire compounds instead of just the 3 Pirelli picks for the weekend.
> Or, gently caress choices, and just mandate 1 rain and 2 slick compounds like IndyCar.
> 36 GP weekends a year. More races = more points, win/win! Because gently caress work/life balance I guess.
> Karts at Monaco.
> Competition cautions.
> A Bristol dirt race, gently caress it.

Mostly taking the piss. How about some stupid ideas about qualifying?

> A "one-shot" sort of qualifying session, but only 1 team on track at once.
> Each team has 8 minutes total for both drivers to put in their best times. (~2 hour broadcast maybe?)
> Qualifying order randomized for round 1.
> Qualifying order in subsequent rounds goes in order of constructor's championship standing.

Would it be cool to see each team with an opportunity for clean air and their drivers taking turns towing each other? That might just result in every team getting their own row of the grid. Maybe reduce the time limit to ~5 minutes to only allow enough time to set up 1 car for a tow on a hot lap? Also some drama if competitive teammates refuse to cooperate. Maybe just 1 car at once with a 3-4 minute time limit to avoid towing strategy/drama altogether?

Aside from weird weather shenanigans, qualifying later in the session on a more developed track is usually better, right? For round 1 the order could be random, or the previous season's constructor rank or something. Points leaders qualifying first might give lower ranked drivers/teams an opportunity to shake up the starting grid a little.

To be clear, I think the current qualifying format is fine, and there's no reason to change it. My ideas are probably r-worded because I started following F1 in 2019 after binge-watching the first season of DTS.

Like I said, I have gently caress all to do today. Literally just killing time. Like, murdering it, and desecrating the corpse.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

You forgot "Have a ping-pong ball lottery for what type of tires the teams are allocated." You could even add a fan vote to give one team a bonus set.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I don't feel like playing a driving game but is there a good management type game for F1 type stuff?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2241020/Garbage_Truck_Simulator/

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

I'm not surprised this is a thing, but boy does that not look like a game i want to play.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

This one is a tad more F1 relevant

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Cimber posted:

I'm not surprised this is a thing, but boy does that not look like a game i want to play.

The McLaren boys have had three weekends of practise

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Elendil004 posted:

I don't feel like playing a driving game but is there a good management type game for F1 type stuff?

F1 manager 2022 is 80% off right now on steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1708520/F1_Manager_2022/

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Skarsnik posted:

I'd assume mister todt would have announced something

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Skarsnik posted:

im so confused about why the & is unpixelated but everything else is

edit: oh i get it

edit 2: it's actually funnier as is

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Rhopunzel posted:

im so confused about why the & is unpixelated but everything else is

edit: oh i get it

edit 2: it's actually funnier as is

You know what I hadn't even noticed I'd grabbed an edited one

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Reviews are mixed, is it any fun?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Elendil004 posted:

i have the same question, im also thinkin about pickin it up as a time waster

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Thanks Ants posted:

The McLaren boys have had three weekends of practise

Why do you hurt me? What have I ever done to you?

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

Motorsports Manager isn't branded F1 management but it does have single seater series you can manage teams in. There is a decent mod community that will add real drivers/teams as well.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/415200/Motorsport_Manager/

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Harry Lime posted:

Motorsports Manager isn't branded F1 management but it does have single seater series you can manage teams in. There is a decent mod community that will add real drivers/teams as well.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/415200/Motorsport_Manager/

Yeah I've seen quill18 play this so was curious if this was a better game cause i dont care about using real people.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Elendil004 posted:

Mixed is about right. The game is too easy and the interface too clunky to be taken seriously as a management sim. Actual gameplay is pretty repetitive and boring, until you get in a race with changing weather conditions or safety car periods, when it becomes pretty fun.

Most of the major issues at launch have been patches out by now.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

How many hours do you need to play for before you're making better calls than the Ferrari pit wall?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thanks Ants posted:

How many hours do you need to play for before you're making better calls than the Ferrari pit wall?

https://youtu.be/X6xBqTti6rc

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

the modes are "beginner, intermediate, advanced, ferrari"

ferrari mode pairs you with another player, whose commands randomly replace your own

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Oh neat, a Ferrari F1 sim game!

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

i just started managing williams ill let you know how it goes

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I hope you can put Logan in the points where he belongs.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I honestly had a lot of fun with it. I played ~100 hours overall. It's fairly light and you can overpower with any team in ~3 seasons or so but it's a good time leading up to it, especially the first time you're playing it.

It was pretty cool to run a bunch of seasons with Alonso and Vettel at Aston Martin - the dream team!

The series shows promise and I'm really looking forward to this year's iteration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

lmao that print

big Valt owns