Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/chicagotribune/status/1643718928210771968?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

I hate headlines in the age of Twitter

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

madmatt112 posted:

I hate headlines in the age of Twitter
It's a trick, Barack Obama is God.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

zoux posted:

The abortion issue has been a millstone around Democratic candidates electoral chances since 1973, nice to see it on the other neck. The problem they're havingis that the political operatives who have been cynically using the issue to drive evangelical turnout didn't realize that evangelicals really believe that crap, and it's electoral poison.

The party of small government

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Old Surly posted:

Is the toothpaste out of the tub? Can the space force be disbanded or reintegratied into the air force? Its a joke now.

that's the bundeswehr, being strangely on the nose with embracing that they were the models for the imperial aesthetic

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Wrong Stormtroopers Germany

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

mobby_6kl posted:

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

This is sublime

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1643929868260786177

Say one thing for this Dallas billionaire who has treated Clarence Thomas to hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars worth of luxury vacations: he has impeccable taste

zoux fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 6, 2023

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

mobby_6kl posted:

Uhhh, if you like your Sodom and Gomorrah, you can keep it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
More like that old LF copypasta that mixes the Obama administration with the conclusion of Childhood's End

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

holy poo poo.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/internethippo/status/1644011290032234498?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Is you making plans with criminal loving friends?

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin

Ruffian Price posted:

Is you making plans with criminal loving friends?

I think I'm having a stroke trying to parse this sentence.

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

use your inner bawlmore accent

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

MightyBigMinus posted:

use your inner bawlmore accent

It scans better in souf lahdan tbh

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Want this as a poster for my classroom.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1643929868260786177

Say one thing for this Dallas billionaire who has treated Clarence Thomas to hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars worth of luxury vacations: he has impeccable taste

Right down to his collection of Nazi memorabilia, including a signed copy of Mein Kampf

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's impossible to rule out an Indiana Jones situation I'm afraid.

https://i.imgur.com/p7Qgipk.mp4

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ethics_Gradient posted:

Want this as a poster for my classroom.

I'm sure Kelly would love it if you printed it out

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Right down to his collection of Nazi memorabilia, including a signed copy of Mein Kampf

Look, you gently caress one goat and

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
"I just have an interest in history, is all!"

No you loving don't, you full of poo poo assholes. I have an interest in history, and I do have biographies and commentaries on many heinous figures including Hitler himself. I think that's reasonable and normal; I don't idolize them, naturally, but I think it's important to know and understand the details of their lives and actions. I think reading Mein Kampf, from a historical perspective, is no sin (I never have, because I don't imagine it's particularly illuminating beyond "Hitler: he was nuts!").

Even though I obviously consider the study of horrible, horrible bastards to be acceptable, I have never once thought to myself: what would improve my understanding of this figure, and why he did the horrible things he did, is some memorabilia associated with his life and crimes. Perhaps some nice linens." I have never thought that, because it's a perfectly insane thing to think. There is no historical value to this trash, it illuminates nothing, and you can simply throw it in the bin. Like, if you have a Nazi napkin because you killed a Nazi and then you did the "wipe yo'self off, man, you dead!" thing like the cool Black guy from Rush Hour, fine. Any other reason, no.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
nm

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

PT6A posted:

No you loving don't, you full of poo poo assholes. I have an interest in history, and I do have biographies and commentaries on many heinous figures including Hitler himself. I think that's reasonable and normal; I don't idolize them, naturally, but I think it's important to know and understand the details of their lives and actions. I think reading Mein Kampf, from a historical perspective, is no sin (I never have, because I don't imagine it's particularly illuminating beyond "Hitler: he was nuts!").

Even though I obviously consider the study of horrible, horrible bastards to be acceptable, I have never once thought to myself: what would improve my understanding of this figure, and why he did the horrible things he did, is some memorabilia associated with his life and crimes. Perhaps some nice linens." I have never thought that, because it's a perfectly insane thing to think. There is no historical value to this trash, it illuminates nothing, and you can simply throw it in the bin. Like, if you have a Nazi napkin because you killed a Nazi and then you did the "wipe yo'self off, man, you dead!" thing like the cool Black guy from Rush Hour, fine. Any other reason, no.

It's just to show off to their 'most expensive thing is par for the course' mates, OP

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

PT6A posted:

Side note: it's also a hard read because he was a really lovely author and in so far as anyone edited it, it was Hess and other toadies who didn't dare change anything.

quote:

It is also acceptable to collect things like that if you are Lemmy. Otherwise, yes.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/vrunt/status/1645090141872988169?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Cruel and unusual punishments are back on the menu.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Side note: it's also a hard read because he was a really lovely author and in so far as anyone edited it, it was Hess and other toadies who didn't dare change anything.

Are we allowed to be slightly less Dungeons and Debates in the pictures thread? Hitler was purportedly an amazing orator, which I can't judge since I don't speak German, but I don't think anyone's claimed he was a good writer. He made millions with the proceeds of Mein Kampf but well we all know how that worked at the time.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1645418964967620609?s=20

Mao knew

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Monk also heard to remark “I could eat a peach for hours”

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Having just read "Three body problem" I must concur

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Nudes and directions to our place. Never change, humans.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

jeebus bob posted:

Having just read "Three body problem" I must concur

Having also read Three Body Problem, I for one welcome our new alien overlords

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

PT6A posted:

I think there just might be something to that

fake edit: Apparently the bottle of wine is - at a minimum - $1500

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?