Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

wow, language

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I don't mean to sound confrontational, but in my opinion if you don't agree that Shingo vs. Henare was 5+ stars then as far as I'm concerned you have a different opinion on the match than I do.

Phew, feels good to get that off my chest.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I also disagree with Dave on the star ratings, but in a way different from everyone else. 3.5 for Riho vs Hayter? Dave has Logan Paul with 2 4.5 star matches and somehow has only ever went as high as 4.25 for Riho, and that was one time. I’m afraid Big Dave has lost it fellas.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MJeff posted:

That Shingo match was really good but 5.25 is crazy pants.

I thought I'd maybe been generous when I went 4.5.

I'm definitely standing by my theory that all along Dave's scale has been 1-10 rather than 1-5.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

once again i roll my eyes every time dave meltzer tries to rate a match based on my preferences. five stars for that? i think it blows. less than 4 stars for poor riho. put out the pod, lights go out, go home. whoa

oh. his ratings suck, and they get worser... all night and every day.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dave Worser is right

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't really post in the WWE thread but I do love how when I read it, people talk about "Meltzer" and "Meltzer ratings" where as real heads know him as Dave or the San Jose Steamroller.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
aww no tony this week

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Raskolnikov38 posted:

aww no tony this week

He got hit by several trucks

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

aww no tony this week

it's deck buildin season, expect we won't see him for months at this rate, just working 24/7 around the clock

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010
Sending prayers and positive vibes to Tony’s acid-ravaged butthole.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

once again i roll my eyes every time dave meltzer tries to rate a match based on my preferences. five stars for that? i think it blows. less than 4 stars for poor riho. put out the pod, lights go out, go home. whoa

oh. his ratings suck, and they get worser... all night and every day.

He needs to apologize to Riho

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
It's weird remembering stuff like 2012 TNA and remembering the Aries Roode feud/title match. Probably not as high on Roode as Pulse and Jawwny are though.

I want them to do an episode with Chris Daniels at peak Martini Daniels

I'm trying to remember; there was a dumb internet game thing that was just using circa 2012-13 Impact Wrasslormonkey gifs. I need to find it

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 10, 2023

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Appletini :colbert:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
drat you are right! Been so long lol need to find that gif of him pulling it out the locker

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

That also reminds me of the period of TNA where Flair and (I think Fourtune?) would constantly ice each other in backstage segments.

Just guys being dudes :)

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Dango Bango posted:

That also reminds me of the period of TNA where Flair and (I think Fourtune?) would constantly ice each other in backstage segments.

Just guys being dudes :)

That was indeed Fourtune, which had at least Six people in it at the time because TNA

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my post was to the tune of "kingdom" by downstait

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1645577258680340480

For context this is the host of Behind the Bastards

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan Alvarez made an EXCELLENT point on WOL today: Maki Itoh should be IWGP World Heavyweight Champion

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Fentry posted:

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1645577258680340480

For context this is the host of Behind the Bastards

Oh lord, BtB on Vince? That's gonna be a doozy.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan Alvarez made an EXCELLENT point on WOL today: Maki Itoh should be IWGP World Heavyweight Champion

For once he's right!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bryan is never wrong. I mean he’s often factually wrong, but he always says a thing that entertains me, and that makes it the correct thing to say

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

CVagts posted:

Oh lord, BtB on Vince? That's gonna be a doozy.

I really hope they do more than two parts on it

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

Bryan is never wrong. I mean he’s often factually wrong, but he always says a thing that entertains me, and that makes it the correct thing to say

:yeah:

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Dave goes deep on why Omega/Ospreay should be Bret/Davey at Wembley.

I don't agree, but he sounds drat passionate about it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I get where Dave is coming from and if Will was under contract to AEW I'd do it that match in Wembley in a heartbeat but Will is New Japan and I'd want the top Wembley match to be all AEW.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if youre going to do an aew vs njpw match in the biggest building either company will ever run you simply do omega vs okada

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Problem with Will main eventing is that he’ll have to be part of the media rounds. Going on morning TV with Philip Schofield with their one brain cell between them and Will desperately trying not to say oval office

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
having your biggest show ever be main evented by one of your top stars losing to a guy who doesnt work for you seems kinda weird to me but im no historian

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Problem with Will main eventing is that he’ll have to be part of the media rounds. Going on morning TV with Philip Schofield with their one brain cell between them and Will desperately trying not to say oval office

I’m sorry I thought you said this was a problem

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I just think it's weird that Dave wants one of them to do a bunch of crack before the match.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if jay white and juice are any guide it is probably a matter of time before ospreay is effectively an aew guy anyway

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
If you're going to England you probably want a well known British star and that's Osprey so I think it's almost a lock for the show.

PAC, maybe with Death Triangle, being in a high profile match would also be something I'd expect.

Hayter vs Saraya would be something you could shoot for but honestly, I'd be worried about the crowd getting behind Saraya and I'd rather see Hayter have her own showcase match. That said, if Mercedes hasn't gone back to WWE by then, Hayter vs Mone would be ridiculous.

If you can get Bret for FTR now would be the time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

PaybackJack posted:

If you're going to England you probably want a well known British star and that's Osprey so I think it's almost a lock for the show.

PAC, maybe with Death Triangle, being in a high profile match would also be something I'd expect.

Hayter vs Saraya would be something you could shoot for but honestly, I'd be worried about the crowd getting behind Saraya and I'd rather see Hayter have her own showcase match. That said, if Mercedes hasn't gone back to WWE by then, Hayter vs Mone would be ridiculous.

If you can get Bret for FTR now would be the time.

There is basically as close to 0% chance of Bret doing AEW now as possible. He's jumped on the "it's too bloody and violent" train since they started working with Martha Hart.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

There is basically as close to 0% chance of Bret doing AEW now as possible. He's jumped on the "it's too bloody and violent" train since they started working with Martha Hart.

I thought the fed wrote him a huge check

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I hope Goldberg kicks Bret again

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they signed bret to a deal because of his aew appearance. not sure on the details. maybe............. 20 years? i said maybe it was a 20 year contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think Dave overestimates how much British fans give a poo poo about seeing UK wrestlers on All In.