Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Invalid Validation posted:

Has any WWE side project actually succeeded?

Uhh The Rundown was pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
^ Wikipedia shows it grossed $80M on a $85M budget so no ^

Does The Scorpion King count?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHuIX9Kzir4

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Island Nation posted:

^ Wikipedia shows it grossed $80M on a $85M budget so no ^

Does The Scorpion King count?
drat, The Rundown is shockingly enjoyable.

And yeah, Scorpion King counts.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I remember someone saying that once WWE Films gave up on theatrical releases and became a direct to video company, they made decent money off of it.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the first Marine film seems to have made $50M in US sales against a budget of $15M, that's pretty good

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

El Generico posted:

I remember someone saying that once WWE Films gave up on theatrical releases and became a direct to video company, they made decent money off of it.

They also started making lots of money when they gave up on being a wrestling company. Makes you think

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Didn’t WWE produce the Mike Flanaghan movie Oculus for some reason?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

weekly font posted:

Yeah but I think it might have been a distribution thing more than actually making it? It's been years so I may be thinking of something else.

Oculus is pretty good by the way for what it is.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

weekly font posted:

For a while their business model was buying up and distributing indie horror movies from festivals and Oculus definitely was one. They bought a siege movie called The Day which I thought was ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFsRfIW7wes

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

TheKingslayer posted:

Yeah but I think it might have been a distribution thing more than actually making it? It's been years so I may be thinking of something else.

Oculus is pretty good by the way for what it is.

Flanagan in general is great even if I think Oculus is pretty low on the list of things he’s done.

flashy_mcflash posted:

For a while their business model was buying up and distributing indie horror movies from festivals and Oculus definitely was one. They bought a siege movie called The Day which I thought was ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFsRfIW7wes

Oh yeah didnt they shove Brodus in some awful slasher?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Didn't Kane have an in-kayfabe storyline with Oculus, as well?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Didn't Kane have an in-kayfabe storyline with Oculus, as well?

Adam Rose had an encounter with the Oculus mirror
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHc-bpXBhKQ

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

poor adam rose.

That DICK! fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 10, 2023

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TheKingslayer posted:

Adam Rose had an encounter with the Oculus mirror
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHc-bpXBhKQ

The woman in the sailor hat visualized herself as Women's Champion and then it became true

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.

I'm sure Vince would say more than a few of his side projects actually succeeded until people found out about them.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/thelouisdangoor/status/1645521961437593601?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

:)

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

But the whole roster would never become free agents, right? ....Right?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Mons Hubris posted:

But the whole roster would never become free agents, right? ....Right?

Just...lmao if Logan Paul is one of the first signed under the new operating entity.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

I could see HHH watching the first 30 or so minutes of Death of Stalin and thinking he relates to that cool guy Beria and things will totally work out in the end. He turns it off while humming the Soviet March from Red Alert 3. Steph as Yetzov is hilariously spot on.

Tato posted:

Someone went back in time and changed some poo poo. Now Stephanie McMahon never existed and......Patrice O'Neil is alive and co-CEO?!?

Great now Steph will get another Time Machine and assassinate Einstein to correct the present. Eventually she will go to the one place uncorrupted by Tony Khan: SPACE!

God I want to play Red Alert 3 again

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Uhh The Rundown was pretty good

Was that actually funded by WWE Films or is just a thing where Dwayne Johnson was billed as "The Rock" so Vince gets a royalty check?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Did Louis just invest in Logan's latest crypto scam or whatever or is he just completely out of it?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Due to WWE opening my eyes to different cultures I now proudly support The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Vision 2030 and LIV Golf.

bartok
May 10, 2006

would not be shocked if WWE Films had a chance to be as huge as Blumhouse but blew it

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
They were too cowardly to adapt WWE Big Apple Takedown into a movie. gently caress them.

The Marine 1 is great though.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Drakkel posted:

Did Louis just invest in Logan's latest crypto scam or whatever or is he just completely out of it?

He's just a troll

Stevel
Dec 25, 2004
These moonlight desires haunt me....

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/a-match-and-a-segment-have-apparently-been-scrapped-from-wwe-raw

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They're giving cody 2 hours

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

They're giving cody 2 hours

hes going to filibuster raw.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

post hole digger posted:

drat I hope somebody warned buster

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
the official raw preview email i got 19 minutes ago (i will never unsubscribe from this mailing list its too funny) only has one segment listed and it's

vince is absolutely back

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ADRENALINE
IN MY SOUL
CAN'T BEAT LESNAR
CODY RHODES

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

- Rey Mysterio promo

- Cody/Brock video

- WWE Women's Tag Team Match (with a spoiler twist)

- Backstage segments

- Bobby Lashley vs. Bronson Reed

- Cody Rhodes promo

- Alpha Academy vs. Usos

- Michin vs. IYO SKY vs. Piper Niven

- Kevin Owens vs. Solo Sikoa

BACKSTAGE News

- Tyler Bate is scheduled to face Dolph Ziggler on Main Event.

- Zoey Stark vs. Nikki Cross is planned for Main Event

- Vince McMahon is not at tonight's show.

- There were several changes made due to travel.

SPOILERS:

- Rey Mysterio's promo leads to a match with Finn Balor

- Dominik is set for the show.

- Internally, Trish Stratus, not Lita, is listed to defend the WWE Women's Tag Team Titles with Becky Lynch

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

abraham linksys posted:

the official raw preview email i got 19 minutes ago (i will never unsubscribe from this mailing list its too funny) only has one segment listed and it's

vince is absolutely back

i 100% hope he calls out brock to air out grievances, than Brock just beats him, and beats him and beats him, and beats him some more, and beats him, and beats him, and beats him, and keeps beating him, and he and beats him, and beats him, and beats him ~ and beats him

for like the whole first hour, just due to all those fans complaining that they had 2 minutes of wrestling in a 1 hour commercial free airing lol

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

post hole digger posted:

I know Cody segments FEEL like they go this long

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Hirez posted:

i 100% hope he calls out brock to air out grievances, than Brock just beats him, and beats him and beats him, and beats him some more, and beats him, and beats him, and beats him, and keeps beating him, and he and beats him, and beats him, and beats him ~ and beats him

for like the whole first hour, just due to all those fans complaining that they had 2 minutes of wrestling in a 1 hour commercial free airing lol

think of the HEEEEEEEEAT

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Hirez posted:

I wish there was an easy way to get an answer to this, but I would kill to know what the worst instance of this was. There has to be at least one occurrence of this--if not on Raw then on TNA--where it crept beyond a full hour and I want to know just how much past an hour it went.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
pretty sure late Nash booked Nitro did the first hour with no wrestling, maybe even the time he did drunk commentary?

e: can a mod change this thread back to WWE yellow tag - having 2 raw threads is giving me nightmares
e2: thx :hai:

Hirez fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 11, 2023

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

If any of you listen to the Behind the Bastards podcast, they are working on an episode about Vince.

Probably nothing we have not heard of before but the delivery and the response from someone who has never heard it before will be worth it.

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1645577258680340480?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Someone send him the New York 64