Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Rip Testes posted:

This is being branded as an 'active aggressor situation'. Is this an actual technical term or a sort downplaying what is going on?

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1645420104249667585

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1645419059939274755

Maybe they are waiting to confirm if 4 people have been killed before they can call it a mass shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

easter mass was yesterday so today doesn't count

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

McCracAttack posted:

Is the money okay. :ohdear:

Im praying hard for the money

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/FoxEbenBrown/status/1645431716683685890

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Neutralized means not dead means the shooter's a white man

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TenementFunster posted:

i thought sandy hook was the moment most people gave up, but lol oh man the paddock shooting was a full retreat

he shot almost five hundred loving people and nothing changed! virtually anyone with a credit card could do it again tomorrow!

A month later someone killed over two dozen people in a church (fifth deadliest mass shooting) and nobody even remembers that happened.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I like that we’ve gotten to the point where if a mass shooting happens in a state run by the insane gun party the language has completely morphed to be the most passive, vague words possibly now.

“We have had an…incident where an individual became um…aggressive in relation to a long barreled firearm that resulted in some neutralized unrelated third parties”

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I like that we’ve gotten to the point where if a mass shooting happens in a state run by the insane gun party the language has completely morphed to be the most passive, vague words possibly now.

“We have had an…incident where an individual became um…aggressive in relation to a long barreled firearm that resulted in some neutralized unrelated third parties”

Every shooting just illustrates the importance of having many guns of your own.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Groovelord Neato posted:

A month later someone killed over two dozen people in a church (fifth deadliest mass shooting) and nobody even remembers that happened.

I am the nobody that doesn't remember that.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1645460457728225282

Oh huh. What a coincidence.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Rip Testes posted:

I am the nobody that doesn't remember that.

Sutherland Springs. Very small town just south of Austin. So small that the shooting killed like 1/3 of the town's total population. Barely a footnote now.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Groovelord Neato posted:

a few months before that the us dropped a single bomb that killed like 400 civilians in the blast. it was only remembered to be celebrated

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Groovelord Neato posted:

part of that was just culture war reasons, since the victims there were mainly white conservatives

it's mainly famous because a shootout outside the church happened after, then one guy flagged down a truck going by and said 'we gotta go kill that guy he's a bad guy' and the driver said yee haw or some poo poo and they it turned into an action movie

anyways whats going on with these mass shootings in the mid south that target friends of governors. two states now.

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 19:06 on Apr 10, 2023

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

mastershakeman posted:

anyways whats going on with these mass shootings in the mid south that target friends of governors. two states now.

easiest way for a governor to tie up loose ends atm :tinfoil:

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
People who want to ban guns, don't really need to remember what happened. There are shootings all the time. They just go back 5 days to the recent event and say "ban guns."

People who never want to ban gun don't want to remember stuff. They want to forget, lie, and confuse the argument to keep their guns.
Just tell them to enjoy getting shot up at a Wal-Mart because that is what they want.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Rip Testes posted:

This is being branded as an 'active aggressor situation'. Is this an actual technical term or a sort downplaying what is going on?
"guy with a gun who is about to start shooting people, but technically hasn't broken any laws yet because this country is for violent, delusional idiots"

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
I noticed a trend with this last shooting, few different media outlets have changed to calling these "Mass Killing events" (WaPo jumps to mind) presumably to downplay the gun part

Feels bad man

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
it isn't a coincidence when it happens all the time. dude still won't do anything, tho

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

TenementFunster posted:

it isn't a coincidence when it happens all the time. dude still won't do anything, tho

Dude's a Democratic governor in a state with a Republican supermajority. What do you suggest he do?

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

part of that was just culture war reasons, since the victims there were mainly white conservatives

it's mainly famous because a shootout outside the church happened after, then one guy flagged down a truck going by and said 'we gotta go kill that guy he's a bad guy' and the driver said yee haw or some poo poo and they it turned into an action movie

that scene in Hell or High Water where the bank robber protagonists end up being chased by dozens of random vigilantes eager to go kill a bad guy and the police keep having to try and wave them off is the most realistic part of the movie, West Texas is actually like that

most of the time they're chasing someone for walking while black instead of for an actual crime though

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

People who want to ban guns, don't really need to remember what happened. There are shootings all the time. They just go back 5 days to the recent event and say "ban guns."

People who never want to ban gun don't want to remember stuff. They want to forget, lie, and confuse the argument to keep their guns.
Just tell them to enjoy getting shot up at a Wal-Mart because that is what they want.

Wrong! We just watch action movies

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Dude's a Democratic governor in a state with a Republican supermajority. What do you suggest he do?

maybe he should get a gun and start shooting the legislators

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
I'm starting to think this gun problem might be solved with more guns. Have we tried that yet?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Arsenic Lupin posted:

use a gun on himself imo

Stereotype posted:

maybe he should get a gun and start shooting the legislators

even better, do this and then my idea

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/MarcusGreenWDRB/status/1645506859674095623?s=20

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

i was wondering just this morning after speaking to the office manager about the shooting who talked about "gangbangers and kids who never get punished" and bit my tongue on, "well it's probably a middle aged white guy"

later on a walk i pondered, "the real question is when they stop targeting random civilians"

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

so he only killed bank executives?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

hmmmmmm

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Oglethorpe posted:

i was wondering just this morning after speaking to the office manager about the shooting who talked about "gangbangers and kids who never get punished" and bit my tongue on, "well it's probably a middle aged white guy"

later on a walk i pondered, "the real question is when they stop targeting random civilians"

ok so maybe this is not all bad

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

it would be great if gun violence targeted exclusively rich white boomers

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Those bank executives were no angels.

They were asking for it, dressed in Brooks Brothers in that part of town.

This is just a part of their culture.

Their perverted lifestyle finally caught up to them.

If they had just pulled up their slacks and got real jobs this never would have happened.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

finally, a feel good mass shooting. it's been a while since that guy doa'ed his hoa

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Those bank execs actually died of a fentanyl overdose

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
If we're doomed to have these shootings, bank executives are so much better than children.

I'll still not endorse random senseless shooting, but if I'm forced into the fallacy of relative privation, I'll take it.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
brooks brothers riot shotgun

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Those bank executives were no angels.

They were asking for it, dressed in Brooks Brothers in that part of town.

This is just a part of their culture.

Their perverted lifestyle finally caught up to them.

If they had just pulled up their slacks and got real jobs this never would have happened.

I blame rap.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Ringo Roadagain posted:

so he only killed bank executives?

!

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

I blame rap.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Arsenic Lupin posted:

That he not be a little bitch