Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how many guilty counts at trial in december for trump?
This poll is closed.
complete and total exoneration 94 21.12%
6.9 48 10.79%
420 63 14.16%
Goku 240 53.93%
Total: 445 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
everything is so dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My neighbor Chris just cruised by with the windows down and no shirt on blaring Bon Jovi's "Dead or Alive"

tears in your eyes, saying to yourself "thats my son"

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"
That driver is definitely solid gold.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
this piece of media, which is literally a childrens toy ad, is exactly what our politics should be

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

please for the love of God IS THE MARIO MOVIE WOKE OR NOT

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Jon Irenicus posted:

it is woke to have a made-up mind about it

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Jon Irenicus posted:

depends on how woke your definition of "woke" is

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Joementum posted:

this piece of media, which is literally a childrens toy ad, is exactly what our politics should be

sure beats where our politics are currently

Apr 7, 2003

Friendship with Ocdyuq OVER
Now Lagatuns is new best friend

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

https://twitter.com/yoloswagstudios/status/1645245577591136258?s=46&t=z3uF6wUvSqPNGhOasO9PNQ

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

change the manual to she/her imo

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

*obama voice*.

Woke

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

My bird blood is ethically sourced.
the Mario movie has a strong female character
Homer: that's woke!
The strong female character portrays an unrealistic beauty standard
Homer: that's bad
But it also cast Chris Pratt and Charlie day as two italians
Homer confused
That's woke

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Jon Irenicus posted:

i used to be woke, but then they changed what woke was. now what im with isnt woke anymore and what is woke seems weird and scary. itll happen to you!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

UFOTacoMan posted:

everything is so dumb

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Governor Ron DeSantis posted:

everything is so woke

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Thinkin bout those Beanz

https://twitter.com/tracybeanz/status/1645450787684851714

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

can i gently caress it?

You could probably gently caress it but it might grind your piece to pieces real fast with its 7.5-hp engine

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Wait Birdo is a deadname? poo poo.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Hatebag posted:

You could probably gently caress it but it might grind your piece to pieces real fast with its 7.5-hp engine

its like the joke about the deli guy who tells his wife he wants to put his penis in the pickle slicer at work

she says jesus christ dont do that

back and forth a few times to drag out the length of the joke

comes home one day to say sorry honey i put my penis in the pickle slicer

wife says what happened?

got fired

what happened to the pickle slicer?

oh she was fired too

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

My bird blood is ethically sourced.
Samus and birdo are canonically trans and sometimes u don't change your name so I think birdo just went with her gender neutral already name so it was an easier adjustment for people or the hassle with legal name changes,

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
birdo is esperanto for bird

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

It really is projection with people like Crowder and they have to politicize everything. He can't just enjoy the loving Super Mario movie.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Birdo, known in Japanese as Catherine (キャサリン, Kyasarin, [kʲa.sa.ɾiɴ]), is a fictional species as well as an individual character in the Mario franchise. Her first appearance was as an enemy in Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic, which was localized for English-language audiences as Super Mario Bros. 2. Since then, Birdo has been a recurring character in various franchise spin-offs. Initially, she was depicted as an antagonist, but has since been depicted as an ally. Birdo has also made several cameos, particularly in the Mario Kart series and the Japan-only Wii video game Captain Rainbow.

The English manual for Super Mario Bros. 2 refers to Birdo as a male "who thinks he is a girl"[1] and would prefer to be called "Birdetta." Some interpret that as Birdo being transgender,[2][3][4] which would make her the first transgender video game character. Later releases of Super Mario Bros. 2 removed all mentions of her favored nickname. Starting with Mario Tennis, Nintendo has treated Birdo as a female gender without any more mention of her perceived transgender roots. Birdo is also depicted as being romantically involved with Yoshi.

The character has received mostly positive reception in the Mario series, although her appearance and perceived gender identity have received mixed reception. She has made several appearances in other media, including the Super Mario Bros. Super Show!, as well as promotional material such as figurines and plush toys.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Morter posted:

Wait Birdo is a deadname? poo poo.

poo poo hasn't aged well :hmmno:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Birdo has been the subject of discussion relating to her gender identity and has been perceived as transgender.[43][15][44] She has become a trans icon due to her perceived gender identity.[45][46] She has been credited as an early transgender character in video games.[47][15][45] The manual excerpt from Super Mario Bros. 2 about Birdo's gender did not receive attention until some time after the game's release. Writer Lorenzo Fantoni suggested that this was because few people read the manual or because no one cared about Birdo's gender at the time. Fantoni also compared the Captain Rainbow scene to the later bathroom debates regarding trans people. Fantoni also suggests that Nintendo does not know what to do with Birdo and that changes to Birdo's character are made to match present-day morals.[15] Author Sam Greer was critical of Birdo's portrayal, stating that her gender had become a "running joke" and was the "subject of much derision and stereotyping."[48] Paste Magazine's Jennifer Unkle criticized Birdo as a caricatured trans person and as an example of Nintendo's poor handling of gender identity in general.[49]

It is speculated by Wired's Chris Kohler that the gender issue was retconned to make her a cisgender female, while video game developer Jennifer Diane Reitz suggests that she may have undergone gender reassignment surgery.[16][50] Writer Andrew Webster of The Escapist used the history of Birdo in the lead-in to his article, commenting on the changes Nintendo has made to hide Birdo's gender status.[51]

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 357 days!
i woudl go back in time with some contemporary art books and tell budding young art student adolf hitler to just copy all this poo poo

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

hahaha this game from the '90s is called "Tinkle Pit"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT1s5WAMe-k

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

do I even want to know what makes the Super Mario movie "anti-woke"?

does Mario overcharge Black people for shoddy plumbing repairs or something

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

tacodaemon posted:

Italians are racist or something

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

After Matt Taibbi Leaves Twitter, Elon Musk ‘Shadow Bans’ All Of Taibbi’s Tweets, Including The Twitter Files

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Apr 7, 2003

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

you just know Elon thinks anybody making fun of the "Harry Bо̄lz" thing is just offended by sexual references rather than offended by a dude being skin-crawlingly milk-curdlingly cringe where everybody can see it

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

For months the mario movie was woke because peach wore pants but now that it's a success it's anti woke another win for us take that disney

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

i think someone asked leguizamo about it because he was in the bizarre live action one and he said the cast lacked diversity or something so now its antiwoke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

“Honest legal disputes”

Yeah ok beanz